Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Foretuneiron: new succesion game on somethingawful  (Read 2660 times)

Davion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Foretuneiron: new succesion game on somethingawful
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2008, 10:01:03 pm »

I've not read the thread about it yet, but I imagine they will survive this time unless someone messes it up on purpose. The game has gotten much easier, and most people probably have a better idea of what to do now.

Just 2 or 3 people who know what they are doing at the start to finish the 'hard' part (food production, basic defenses, general fort layout) and you have to fail pretty epically to doom the fort.

I predict disappointment for anyone who expects another boatmurdered.

That's why you just go into it hoping to be entertained. ;)

Frobozz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2008, 03:38:36 am »

Just 2 or 3 people who know what they are doing at the start to finish the 'hard' part (food production, basic defenses, general fort layout) and you have to fail pretty epically to doom the fort.
From the looks of things they're avoiding perfect defenses on purpose. Like not protecting against fire imps, keeping staircases that allow easy invasions (I think this might just be stupidity mixed with forgetfulness though).

It could very well end up like Boatmurdered, but I doubt it. Too much experience at this point. They'd have to get the mother of all sieges and a couple megabeasts at once. :P

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2008, 12:37:54 pm »

The problem is, player A does something, then player B doesn't know about it.

And then the thing that Player B doesn't know about ends up causing a lot of problems.

But I digress; it will end up in flames, if only because the goblins will send more and more sieges.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.
Pages: 1 [2]