Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 64

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress 4  (Read 80145 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress 4
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2008, 01:09:00 pm »

Id think the Slow Learner Tag makes the creature develop skills more slowly.

As there isn't much else I can think of a SemiMegabeast doing with that... other then I guess perhaps they don't "Catch On" to what is happening and thus won't move away just because that area they have been harassing just happens to be their capital now with a large size army.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2008, 01:19:00 pm »

And it is definitely awesome! Magnnus shouldn't worry about it because it's just a VERY funny option and it doesn't remove anything, the dwarves will behave in usual way if you don't choose to control the squad leader.
Also it's one of the most desired things - to walk around your fortress while it's not abandoned but running! And experience some small situations as a single dwarf. And I don't see how it breaks dwarven personality - it just gives you another instrument to roleplay.
Also it's a fun question - what if the dwarf you're currently controlling tantrums?
(And you can roleplay the dwarven personal justice. What did you order, mayor? To beat my wife to death for not completing adamantine coffer while she's a fisherdwarf on the map without adamantine? Hah, taste my sword!)

[ June 01, 2008: Message edited by: Deon ]

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2008, 01:39:00 pm »

A question for Toady in regards to a mod: If an entity starts with no religion, but gets attacked by a Megabeast can be worshipped, would that entity still be able to worship? I know kobolds are the only ones without a form of religion right now, however I wanted to set up roaming gods who occasionally (or often) display their mighty power in a destructive way, (I wonder why that sounds so much like megabeasts >_> ) and I was wondering if people would start to worship them despite not having a pantheon to begin with.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2008, 02:07:00 pm »

If Civs can worship megabeasts... what happens if you kill that megabeast? Do you become "The devil" or do you become like a god to them?

And in either case, what happens then? Do villagers swarm you with swords/gifts?

This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.

Rictus

• Bay Watcher
  • still hasn't found any adamantine
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2008, 02:26:00 pm »

Toady mentioned pantheons fairly regularly, so it seems fair to guess that at this stage they just move on to the next god of sugar and toadstools and horses.

EDIT: Who knows? Maybe he's already done revenge - my point is entirely conjecture at this stage.

[ June 01, 2008: Message edited by: Rictus ]

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2008, 03:04:00 pm »

quote:
what happens if you kill that megabeast? Do you become "The devil" or do you become like a god to them?

Well what happens to the Goblins that worship a particular demon when you kill that?

Nite/m4re

• Bay Watcher
  • Too Deep
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2008, 03:54:00 pm »

*BUMP*

There are people posting at the FOTF 3 yet...

[ June 01, 2008: Message edited by: Nite/m4re ]

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2008, 07:34:00 pm »

Uh, what was wrong with the other thread anyway?
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

frostedfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2008, 08:22:00 pm »

read first post - when the fotf threads get too long, they lag up more and this eventually led to multiple forum crashes when people viewed FotF I, which was >100 pages long  ;)
the spinning bb round hits jack johnson, scumbag in the lower body!
it is pierced through entirely!
his right kidney has been poked out!
his liver has been mangled!

jack johnson, raider has been shot and killed.

The above (including bbcode) neatly weighs in at 255 characters. Fallout meets DF

Locus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2008, 08:42:00 pm »

What's the deal with users posting "official" threads without even asking or having the old one closed? That's pretty bad form.

*edit* Also, a thread being "closed" refers to actually being CLOSED, like locked, dude.

[ June 01, 2008: Message edited by: Locus ]

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2008, 09:05:00 pm »

I can see why he posted the new thread, did anyone else notice the FORUM MADNESS starting to crop up?  For several hours the other day the Most Recent spot for General Discussion on the homepage was blank.

Also, I imagine Slow learner probably makes the person gain experience slowly.

Shoes...

Appelgren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2008, 12:55:00 am »

Fotf 2 was started in a similar manner and it received Toadys blessing. Is there any reason why we shouldn't migrate over to this thread if the old one is buggy?

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2008, 01:07:00 am »

I noticed no problems with FotF3 and was wondering exactly what had happened.  I kinda liked the epicness of a >100 page thread and wanted to repeat that experience.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Fourth Triad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2008, 01:37:00 am »

fotf 2 ended after about the same number of pages. Although it was fun to have 100+ pages.

[ June 02, 2008: Message edited by: Fourth Triad ]

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2008, 06:53:00 am »

Early in this new version Toady mentioned eventually you'd be able to pause world-gen history.  It'd be cool if you could fast-forward it too, I'd like to revisit a fortress in adventure after 500 years or so.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 64