Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress 4  (Read 80215 times)

Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress 4
« Reply #930 on: July 16, 2008, 03:15:05 pm »

I really like how much easier the legends have become to browse, and it just makes me realize how much more could be done. Wouldn't it be really cool if there were hotlink references on people, sites, wars, etc? You could just click on the name and be taken directly to the proper entry. That would make browsing the legends very simple.

SirPenguin

• Bay Watcher
  • NEVER A DULL MOMENT IN MID-WORLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: July 16, 2008, 03:19:27 pm »

I really like how much easier the legends have become to browse, and it just makes me realize how much more could be done. Wouldn't it be really cool if there were hotlink references on people, sites, wars, etc? You could just click on the name and be taken directly to the proper entry. That would make browsing the legends very simple.

I'm fairly certain a "Wikipedia" style Legends screen is planned for some time.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: July 16, 2008, 03:21:37 pm »

Yeah. There is a whole thread on this subject here: http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=5928.0
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: July 16, 2008, 04:19:57 pm »

Great! Thanks for the heads up! That'll be so neat.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: July 18, 2008, 08:44:14 am »

Has anyone noticed that in cave generation the game seems to favour certain creatures? I upped the amount of caves to 1600. I only have 3 ironmen in total. Yet I have 800 Troglodytes 700+ antmen etc... I've generated 6 or so worlds in the 39x versions, and this is the first time I've even seen ironmen show up in the list. I noticed missing ironmen in the .38 versions as well, but since we couldn't export population lists I could never be sure.

Beacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Holy Dwarf-Beacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: July 18, 2008, 09:32:52 am »

That's because Ironmen are rare-er.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: July 18, 2008, 09:43:42 am »

That makes sense. I just looked and they have a frequency of 1 compared to the giant moles frequency of 100. In the past I ran into ironmen frequently, in fact caves used to be teeming with all sorts of critters. In newer versions they are pretty sparse. I do like the smaller caves though. Running around in the giant caves of past versions for half an hour only to find 3 giant rats was rather dull.

evktalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: July 19, 2008, 09:46:32 am »

Ahhh, I like the new thing added in today's devlog. The ability to leave notes on the map should become especially handy in succession games, but I've often wanted to leave notes just for myself. Nice!

--Eino

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: July 19, 2008, 09:52:16 am »

"Hi future me. If you're reading this, you've either gotten bored of this fortress or it's doomed beyond salvation. Remember that the right lever controls the magma flood and the left lever controls the water flood. Pull them both at once and wait 10 seconds. Then pull the middle lever which releases every single cage in the fortress. Hope you like my gift, future me."

Balor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: July 22, 2008, 09:42:30 am »

Devlog:
(*)stopped people from giving quests to kill themselves

DF - where even bug reports are awesome! :D
Sapienti Sat.

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: July 22, 2008, 10:10:00 am »

But... I liked the suicidal quests....

Oh well. We'll have even more awesomeness soon, I expect.

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: July 22, 2008, 12:26:55 pm »

Devlog:
(*)stopped people from giving quests to kill themselves

DF - where even bug reports are awesome! :D

But what about all the people who tell you to "consider suicide"?? You'll put Suicide For Hire* out of business!

(*...it's a comic)
This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #942 on: July 27, 2008, 02:27:04 pm »

Wow- never heard of the current Fotf thread getting three pages back.
Shouldn't these be stickied so that new players can scan the most recent conversations?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: July 28, 2008, 12:17:43 am »

Agreed.
Though, really, we should make a new future of the fortress thread, or just resurrect the original, so it's just Future of the Fortress, without the 4. And it would be nicer if it was started by Toady.

Doppel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: July 28, 2008, 01:17:39 am »

By the by, can you see on wich tile you are on in for example the worldmap or the map where you embarked?
(for example, 125x 034y or somesuch)
Would be handy.
Doppel has been ecstatic lately. He took joy in playing DF lately. He slept on a rough cave keyboard recently.
He is a member of the Dwarf Fortress Forums.
Doppel likes the color Dark Blue, cats for their aloofness and girls for their silky soft brea beards.
He appreciates art and natural beauty.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64