Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 3.12.2 Source Code?  (Read 1265 times)

odd2k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
3.12.2 Source Code?
« on: July 19, 2008, 02:25:03 am »

Where is it?

I've seen it asked for before, and I (along with many others, I'm sure) would love to get my hands on it! This game has too much potential to die!

I know that the source code for the 3.11.3 version is available on sourceforge, but it's still not the latest release. Why did you guys stop using the svn repository? Keeping the code for yourself is a very conservative thing to do.  >:(

Liberal Elitist

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm more liberal than you are!
    • View Profile
    • The Liberal Crime Squad wiki
Re: 3.12.2 Source Code?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 04:38:17 am »

I already posted the info about it twice so here it is a third time, verbatim, from the first time I posted it:

The current source code is here for the 3.11.4 branch, which 3.12.2 seems to be based off of.  However, that source code has been updated since the 3.12.2 beta release.  The 3.12.2 beta release seems to be based off of revision 208 of the 3.11.4 branch, since it was released on the same day and the file size of the executable matches.  Unfortunately, revision 208 does not seem to compile under Linux, and the closest revision before that which compiles under Linux is revision 201.  The compiler errors should be fixable, though, mostly disagreements between caller and callee over how big ints are.  All of this information I have relayed to you is from someone at wikidot.com who uses Linux and wrote a wonderful table on the Juice page on the LCS wiki using information from the source code for revision 208.  (I do not use Linux, I use Windows, and I don't fully understand this information I am relaying.)  I hope this information I have relayed to you is useful.  ;)
The Liberal Crime Squad wiki is your friend.

Quote from: Lielac
Edit: Figured it out via a little bit of trial and error and oH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT THE HECK IS IT SPACEBALLS MUSIC? WHATEVER IT IS IT IS MAGICAL

Eita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 08:18:02 pm »

Where is it?

I've seen it asked for before, and I (along with many others, I'm sure) would love to get my hands on it! This game has too much potential to die!

I know that the source code for the 3.11.3 version is available on sourceforge, but it's still not the latest release. Why did you guys stop using the svn repository? Keeping the code for yourself is a very conservative thing to do.  >:(

Not having the source code =/= sign of imminent death.

odd2k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 12:09:57 am »

I already posted the info about it twice so here it is a third time, verbatim, from the first time I posted it:

Sorry about that. I did read your quote in another thread before I posted. But I noticed that the changelog in the trunk was more recent than the changelog in the branch, so I just assumed the trunk was the latest. I guess someone just forgot to update changelog in branch.

I found the 216 release and I'm working on getting it to compile on linux, but for every compiler error I fix ten more appear. To whoever made the update to 216 (Puzzlemaker?) does it even compile on Windows? I spotted several typos and missing includes, and I don't see how it could ever compile like that.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 01:38:27 pm »

??

I'll take a look at it and make sure I included everything when I get home today.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.