Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Creature Moding GUI First File Preview  (Read 9894 times)

mizipzor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Blog
Re: Creature Moding GUI First File Preview
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2008, 04:42:19 pm »

Btw, is anyone else in here interested in seeing the code? Im thinking of setting up a Sourceforge project so you could just make a svn checkout and compile it yourself.

TheSpaceMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.digital-lifeform.com
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2008, 03:45:33 am »

So this is the thing. The laptop where I got this project currently got no internet access. There for updates I make will be posted a bit later compared to when they where done, probably without images and file show off.

But it won't kill the project, without internet at home i got nothing else to do but code.
Poking around with a DFParser.
Bodypart names, creatures names in one easily overviewable place.

Oh my new (old) picture?

Nukeitall

• Bay Watcher
  • HURR DURRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2008, 12:45:34 pm »

So this is the thing. The laptop where I got this project currently got no internet access. There for updates I make will be posted a bit later compared to when they where done, probably without images and file show off.

But it won't kill the project, without internet at home i got nothing else to do but code.
Depending on your zone you could snarf wireless internet from nearby houses. Or, hell, you could go to a public area.

This is all provided you have a wireless card of course.

TheSpaceMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2008, 02:51:27 am »

I rather just wait 2-3 weeks untill i get internet and focus on coding untill then.
I still have access from work and can talk about the progress on breaks. :P

Oh my new (old) picture?

mizipzor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2008, 09:16:40 am »

Update; there is now a directory selector where you select the raw/objects directory (the path will be saved for the next time you execute the app), a listbox will then display all the creature files in that directory. If you pick a file, all the creatures in that file will be loaded.

Another listbox will then list all the creatures (by name) that resides in the file you picked. But thats currently not working since the Creature class isnt handling the names yet.

mizipzor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2008, 05:25:46 pm »

Another update; tabs!  :o Heres a preview of what the tabbed interface could look like:

Nukeitall

• Bay Watcher
  • HURR DURRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2008, 09:35:33 pm »

Another update; tabs!  :o Heres a preview of what the tabbed interface could look like:

That...looks pretty amazing.

ChJees

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2008, 11:19:16 pm »

Btw, is anyone else in here interested in seeing the code? Im thinking of setting up a Sourceforge project so you could just make a svn checkout and compile it yourself.
I am VERY interested in this project :).  I could make a compitable Code::Blocks project file. (I am not too fond of Microsoft Visual Studio)

TheSpaceMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2008, 03:17:45 am »

update from the actual Creature lib code (non gui)

I have been able to generate a creature that with minor tweeks work as a civ during world generation.
Vanillan gods and godesses. They where quite mighty with a size:8 damblock:6. One of the jewlers slayed a dragon by her own hands.
Seems to work nice so far. The hacks are (replacing the [CREATURE:HUMAN] with [CREATURE:VANILLAALPHA] in the Civ screen and manually adding some biome data.

But it seems to work.

I have completly moved out of the old flat now, and should be able to focus on codeing on the evening and weekends.
Next up is the quick fix for biome data, it should go really fast since there are just a collection of bool values. After that i'll either attack the civ information and supply the data for the créature who got a civ, the possiblity to be a civ, or a warning that the creature don't have the right tags to become a civ.

Oh my new (old) picture?

TheSpaceMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2008, 11:33:44 am »

Just makeing people know that the project isn't dead. Lots of work... at work at the moment.
Early mornings late nights, working as a programmer it's not so fun to code when you get home all the times.

I put some time into it this weekend, probably fix up the bodyparts.

Oh my new (old) picture?
Pages: 1 2 [3]