Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: Interspecies breeding  (Read 49438 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Interspecies breeding
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2008, 10:46:51 am »

horrible bestiality

Can we really consider anything the elf does as beastiality?

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2008, 11:03:35 am »

horrible bestiality

Can we really consider anything the elf does as not beastiality?

Fixed for you

Techhead

• Bay Watcher
  • Former Minister of Technological Heads
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2008, 11:19:22 am »

Minotaur.
After he ascended the throne of Crete, Minos struggled with his brothers for the right to rule. Minos prayed to Poseidon to send him a snow-white bull, as a sign of approval. He was to sacrifice the bull in honor of Poseidon but decided to keep it instead because of its beauty. To punish Minos, Poseidon caused Pasiphaë, Minos' wife, to fall madly in love with the bull from the sea, the Cretan Bull.[3] She had Daedalus, the famous architect, make a wooden cow for her. Pasiphaë climbed into the decoy in order to copulate with the white bull. The offspring of their coupling was a monster called the Minotaur.

That, and all the odd something-men out there.
Engineering Dwarves' unfortunate demises since '08
WHAT?  WE DEMAND OUR FREE THINGS NOW DESPITE THE HARDSHIPS IT MAY CAUSE IN YOUR LIFE
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2008, 12:08:17 pm »

Minotaur.
After he ascended the throne of Crete, Minos struggled with his brothers for the right to rule. Minos prayed to Poseidon to send him a snow-white bull, as a sign of approval. He was to sacrifice the bull in honor of Poseidon but decided to keep it instead because of its beauty. To punish Minos, Poseidon caused Pasiphaë, Minos' wife, to fall madly in love with the bull from the sea, the Cretan Bull.[3] She had Daedalus, the famous architect, make a wooden cow for her. Pasiphaë climbed into the decoy in order to copulate with the white bull. The offspring of their coupling was a monster called the Minotaur.

That, and all the odd something-men out there.

To prevent this from happening a disturbingly large amount of times, Toady would need to make sure that intelligent creatures mate with non-intelligent creatures very rarely.

Phoenyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2008, 12:48:18 pm »

You can love your donkey... just don't /love/ your donkey.
When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2008, 01:07:37 pm »

I really want this... At least for raw modding.

TheSpaceMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.digital-lifeform.com
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2008, 01:30:00 pm »

Funny, this was the second thing i was planning with my creature editor after I tried the mutant scenario, it won't be quite right compared with what people want but the Plan would be to load all creatures then halfbreed them based on diffrent filters like "INTELLIGENT" and stuff like that. That would esentialy automaticly create new creatures in new files based on values from two diffrent creatures. The filter is simply to avoid Dwarf-Carps and Elf-Flies as well as trying to keep conflicts to zero.
Poking around with a DFParser.
Bodypart names, creatures names in one easily overviewable place.

Oh my new (old) picture?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2008, 01:43:04 pm »

Also, with these tags we've been talking about, it would be possible to make a "species" that consists of two types of creatures, one of which is always male and the other of which is always female. Then they can breed and have a 50/50 chance of having the male version or the female version.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2008, 02:08:03 pm »

The modding options here are outstanding!

I think some way to control how often cross-breeds happen would be good. The earlier comment on mules applies to pretty much everything. Most horses should breed with horses. Mules should be rare, unless the player has some way of forcing it to happen.

Additional thought. Strange cross-breeds, such as Dwarf/crocodile monstrosities, should be the domain of the Dungeon Master. Seems to fit that particular noble pretty well.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Boatmurderer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2008, 02:17:54 pm »

The Crocodwarf's war cry is "Kill me".

Skizelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2008, 02:43:51 pm »

I've got a few engravings of a dwarf "embracing" a donkey.

Boatmurderer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2008, 06:24:32 pm »

That made me think of this:

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2008, 10:28:50 pm »

The elven traders marched their pack animals towards the dwarven fortress. Thele always looked forward to the journey to this particular fortess, though nobody knew why. The Dwarves' trade depot was in a building constructed entirely of stone blocks. Not a single window anywhere. The dwarves were probably so grumpy all the time because they didn't get enough sun.

The elves reached the depot and began to unpack their trade goods. The dwarves always bought their rope reed cloth. The elves enjoyed selling it to them because it decreased the dwarves' need for disgusting leather.

Thele heard footsteps and looked up. It was the dwarves' trader, Asmel. He looked particularly angry, but the elf thought nothing of it. He heard the footsteps of another dwarf and looked up to see the beautiful Zaneg, carrying a baby.

A baby? Had she betrayed him? He looked at it closer and noticed that it was unlike other dwarven babies. It didn't have the beginnings of a beard, and its ears had a slight pointedness to them. It was a bit thinner, as well. Suddenly he realized what had happened. He broke out in a cold sweat.

"So, Zaneg here had 'er a baby," Asmel said. "Little ugly thing, almost looks a bit elven." Thele winced at the last word. They knew what had happened.

Thele backed up. "Kind dwarf, I can explain," he stuttered. "I-if I had known that... then... I would have... t-taken full responsibility..." He bumped into something cold and unmoving. Thele glanced over his shoulder to see the captain of a squad of dwarves, his hammer drawn. The spikes decorating his armor were particularly menacing. Also on the armor was a picture of a dwarf and an elf. The dwarf was killing the elf.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2008, 10:36:00 pm »

Between that and Three-toe's story...I can't help but think that Halfbreeds would be awesome.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Cavalcadeofcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2008, 10:40:50 pm »

Poor Thele! If only he didn't reproduce via spores.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14