Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Some questions about dwarf fortress (mostly adventure mode)  (Read 1894 times)

Nomstukos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Some questions about dwarf fortress (mostly adventure mode)
« on: January 02, 2019, 10:35:44 pm »

Hey I'm new to the forums and new to 44.12 after years of 32.11 and I just have to say that the new adventure mode and all the new fortress features are honestly amazing! But I need some help for one of my adventurers.

Adventurers have personalities now and my second adventurer the wolfwoman  Obok Whipglowed wants to spend time with her family that doesn't exist. Also her life dream is to raise a family which adventurers couldn't do in old versions of dwarf fort.

So to get right to the point. My research says that they still cant but there is always that one person who claims that their brothers, cousins wifes sisters friend got thier adventure married. Anyone have a first hand account so I don't have to chase bigfoot?

I do have some science planned with multiple saves based on character personality facets so if anyone has any ideas they want me to try your welcome to suggest it.

Also if worse comes to worse how would I use df hack to help obok along?

Other questions......
Dwarf therapist says I'm missing a file and cant run. How to fix?
Can I edit the save to increase embark points? I know you can do it in advanced world gen
Can I save edit obok? I have two versions of df, one with dfhack but that version runs a little laggy so I use my pure vanilla one and if I dont have to use the dfhack one then thats all the better.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
Re: Some questions about dwarf fortress (mostly adventure mode)
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 12:40:57 pm »

Rumrusher in the Adventure mode forum is the person who likes investigating this type of stuff. They have this linked in their sig.

That said, no, without extra utilities it is not possible to marry, make friends or spend time with family in adventure mode. Hell, grudges aren't even possible. The blocker, iirc is both just plain no systems and dialog options to create these relationships, as well as a design issue, Toad said they wanted to allow the player to decide whether they were into having relationships, and thus adventurers start out as completely asexual, so they won't get any relationships when retired either.

All you can do right now is to avoid creating adventurers that need friends/family/lovers. For the rest of the questions others need to chime in.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 11:44:38 am »

Dwarf therapist says I'm missing a file and cant run. How to fix?
What operating system are you using and what is the missing file's name?
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

Grand Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 07:22:26 pm »

I wonder if your adventurer can get a family if you retire him. if the missing dialog options/mechanics are the only blocker for it, he should have the same chance as any other Hist fig.
Dwarf Fortress: This feature has one or more outstanding bugs. Please visit the Bugs section for details.

And I drank the mosquito paste

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 05:59:07 am »

They are asexual, so no they won't marry normally.  I believe someone has modded their save to make their adventurer not asexual and then had them marry in fortress mode and finally unretire them.  I can't remember the thread but it must have been at least a year ago if you want to search.  It's almost certainly not worth the effort, though, because even if you hack your save to make the adventurer non-asexual, it almost impossible for them to marry in fortress mode these days until friendship is fixed.