Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: Noblerivers: A Dwarf Resort - Overseers Wanted  (Read 13922 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Noblerivers: A Dwarf Resort - Overseers Wanted
« Reply #210 on: May 31, 2023, 03:24:42 am »

While I lack sauce, I do have a source for that. Source here!

That's why everyone was panicking awhile back in the Hall of Legends.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Baprr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 31, 2023, 08:05:12 am »

Just so you know, I can’t see any of Chax’s images.  In fact, I can’t see any images from Imgur.  I can see images from other places, just not Imgur…

The link from my last message (the one where I quoted Chax) was from a Discord channel you might not be in, so you wouldn't see anything if you clicked on it. And I can see my images just fine, both here and from my account. Have you tried using VPN, maybe it's blocked for you somehow?

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 31, 2023, 09:44:49 am »

can confirm, Chax's images are visible to me. i think o.O

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 31, 2023, 09:52:46 am »

Just so you know, I can’t see any of Chax’s images.  In fact, I can’t see any images from Imgur.  I can see images from other places, just not Imgur…

The link from my last message (the one where I quoted Chax) was from a Discord channel you might not be in, so you wouldn't see anything if you clicked on it. And I can see my images just fine, both here and from my account. Have you tried using VPN, maybe it's blocked for you somehow?

That discord server doesn’t have any text channels!

A
So, when I try to go to Imgur.com, I get this:

Quote from: imgur.com
{"data":{"error":"Imgur is temporarily over capacity. Please try again later."},"success":false,"status":403}

:(
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 02, 2023, 07:31:48 am »

Looks like they fixed something.  I can see chax’s images, now!
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Inatun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 03, 2023, 06:44:48 pm »

Alright, looks like Parry is up next. Grab Chax's save when you can. It looks like you'll be playing a bit more than just a year.

Inatun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 24, 2023, 10:33:12 am »

I'm sorry it's been so long since an update. I don't really have an excuse for it beyond the fact that I'm working through some internal stuff right now that involves my relationship with projects. I didn't really realize the time and energy it takes to sustain a thread like this, and if I can't maintain this project during the Summer, there's no chance I can do it once school starts again. If anyone wants to take over, I'll help however I can in transitioning to a new thread so a new OP can take over.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 24, 2023, 08:03:52 pm »

no worries Inatun. these threads come and go, ebb and flow ... it is true, they are quite a bit of effort to sustain.

what I do, is just let the thread sit dormant for however long. sometimes the energy or motivating concept returns and the thread can be revived.

otherwise, fighting oneself to sustain a creative impulse that has long since passed can be paralyzing. best to find a new muse

Baprr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 25, 2023, 03:09:04 am »

Yeah, stuff happens. I assume the next turn is open right now? I could take one in a few days, or maybe a week and a half.

Chax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 28, 2023, 01:32:53 pm »

i feel like this is my fault  :-[

Inatun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 31, 2023, 02:43:29 pm »

i feel like this is my fault  :-[
Nah, if it's anyone's fault it's mine. I could've kept posting and kept things going, but I let stress overwhelm me. Besides, I'm pretty sure I've derailed threads before because of being out of town.

Can we get a head count on who still wants to participate? Parry is supposed to be up next according to the list, but I want to make sure they're still following on the forum. I won't necessarily bump people off the list, but I do want to get this going again.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 01, 2023, 02:09:56 pm »

yeah never take a thread's quiet state personally.  i'm available, generally, but I want to avoid overposting lol. if I take too many turns its not ideal

Chax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 02, 2023, 09:53:15 am »

let me just post the leftover pics that i still have. (and reiterate major points of my play that i still remember, lol)

- the whole spring was spent almost entirely for cleaning. i enlisted EVERYONE into the smoothing/engraving squad to somewhat speed up the process. on the side, i installed (lots of) pumps and a pair of bridge to block waterflow for 2 of the rivers. i also walled off the waterfall in preparation of drying the main river area. (i lost the pic for the lines of pumps i installed, sorry. they were powered by several windmills).

(massive) production of pearlash (and clear glass blocks) was also started on the small scale. had to divert most of dorf power into cleaning.
elves came with a pair of giant tigers (and some) in this season. we bought those. i don't really remember what i traded away, lol.

cleaning was mostly done by carving tracks over muds and then smoothing it. Dorf will not clean muds by normal means.sadly, a few tiles already have a grown saplings in it (can't be smoothed/carved) so i left them alone. you should be able to place floor tile over those.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
---------------------------------------------------------
- cleaning finished in early summer. my focus was shifted into waste management. so i made a fully automated garbage disposal.
the vent is in z 35, and the bridge is several layers below.

our webby friend, Galka, was also creeping closer and closer to the fort. and as you know, we "invited" him in. this spearheaded the movement of revolutionizing our drips  8) .
no more tattered clothes.
the overall works, however, only finished in winter. it was a huge project. and if you're wondering why all our dorf has at least dabbling skills in stonecutting, weaving, and clothesmaking, it's because like the spring cleaning we've done, clothing industry also involved the whole fortress. children included.
---------------------------------------------------------
- during autumn, caravan from mountain home couldn't come because of the trees. I did not solve this problem yet. somebody should clear out some trees and possibly pave a road later.

feeling annoyed, i freed up some worker from clothing industry (because most of our dorf are fully clothed by now) and begin to plan to create an impromptu obsidian farm. sadly the progress was slow. mainly because the waterflow is bad with only a single pump (would've preferred heavy aquifer). the fact that a new (un)friendly beast roams the cavern replacing Galka aslo didn't help. for now, the project is halted by the end of my play. (blue print is done, though. you can just activate it and proceed as needed).

- as mentioned in the previous sneak-peek progress. winter was spent for digging the previously dried up river. then flooding it back up. we now have (an unfurnished) tavern directly below the river. with a pair of luxurious bedrooms above it.
----------------------------------------------------------

minor works :
- restructured general work orders.
- restructured farm and created a small room for beekeeping.
- started breeding Giant Tigers, we have some cubs now.
- ordered some instruments that are actually being used in performance. (but not yet placed in the proper area).
- expanded magma forge area, complete with nearby stockpile for metal ores.

- restructured some stockpiles (and kinda failed at it somewhat, lol, sorry). was trying to separate masterpieces from common junks.

my save file : https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16723
a one-time order for the currently needed instruments, 10 of each. (need to import with dfhack) : https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16555

====================
edit:
-- "downstairs" in the obsidian farm is not for access. but for water to trickle down. access is from the locked steel door.
-- when you've finished mining for obsidian. just channel 1 tile anywhere within the chamber. magma flow will flood the chamber by itself without interruption. it should cover the whole chamber pretty fast. (manually) pump water into it to recast the obsidian.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2023, 10:10:21 am by Chax »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]