Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 148

Author Topic: The NEW Future of the Fortress  (Read 334842 times)

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
Re: The NEW Future of the Fortress
« Reply #1785 on: January 22, 2009, 09:05:51 pm »

They arent in the game i think but they seem much like Demons. Just apply the right spheres and they should work thought they would be treated like an power and not as servants iirc.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: January 22, 2009, 09:09:18 pm »

They arent in the game i think but they seem much like Demons. Just apply the right spheres and they should work thought they would be treated like an power and not as servants iirc.

Err well I meant in the Devs which I often call the RAWs

OR am I? Alright I am VERY confused.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 09:11:27 pm by Neonivek »

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: January 22, 2009, 09:36:27 pm »

Me too.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: January 22, 2009, 09:39:19 pm »

Alright... what I mean is... Has Toady EVER planned on adding Powerful Godly Servants like the ones I described?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: January 22, 2009, 11:19:41 pm »

The regional forces might end up looking like minor gods.  Spirits of fire and some of the other element-men are a lot like elementals.  But if you mean something like planar beings in the D&D sense, I suspect that'll have to wait until we actually have other planes (which are in the dev notes, but only as a far-future thing). 

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: January 22, 2009, 11:25:11 pm »

The regional forces might end up looking like minor gods.  Spirits of fire and some of the other element-men are a lot like elementals.  But if you mean something like planar beings in the D&D sense, I suspect that'll have to wait until we actually have other planes (which are in the dev notes, but only as a far-future thing). 

Well Planar beings perhaps, that is one great way to do it.

But more or less I am refering to supernatural beings and entities of various power with the motivation of furthering their patron diety's goals and possibly getting them worship.

Or perhaps Non-civ natural beings. (Afterall I believe Odin had Crows)

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: January 22, 2009, 11:38:42 pm »

Hugin and Munin. Thought and Memory. Odin excepted that Hugin doesnt come back some day but feared the lose of Munin.

They both count as extension of Odins mental abilitys.

And they werent crows they were kolk-ravens (corvus corax). Crows are also part of the Ravens family (so you made no real failure Neonivek ;) ) but almost only the smaller Ravens are called crows.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 11:48:13 pm by Heph »

Proud to be a Furry.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: January 23, 2009, 12:03:42 am »

Psssh, anyone who cares if crows and ravens are different. They taste and look the same on a dinner plate.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: January 23, 2009, 12:07:43 am »

Psssh, anyone who cares if crows and ravens are different. They taste and look the same on a dinner plate.

Did you know that between the Black and Brown Squirl only one tastes good?

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: January 23, 2009, 12:12:27 am »

Yes the red ones :P

Proud to be a Furry.

Doomduckie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: January 23, 2009, 06:38:39 am »

So, the new combat system seems to be shaping up well with the latest update.

Now you can't just twist an embedded weapon a few times and expect to kill a megabeast by knocking it out and bleeding it to death. Hopefully a balance will be struck between realism and good (this update) vs My Dwarves' AI probably being too stupid to pull their weapons out for now.

Since embedded weapons now cause bleeding to remove, does that mean we can have barbed arrows, spears, and javelins that cause more bleeding to pull out in some later version? A [BARBED] tag would be neat for modding and relevant for for both natural weapons (stingers) and items, causing extra pain and bleeding when removed without the aid of a chirurgeon.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 06:42:28 am by Doomduckie »

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: January 23, 2009, 10:05:29 am »

phah. crows are mobs. ravens are packs.
Misbehaving Crows are a nuisance, 'misbehaving' ravens are a menace.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: January 23, 2009, 11:42:17 am »

I thought crows were a murder.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: January 23, 2009, 01:48:08 pm »

Well Planar beings perhaps, that is one great way to do it.

But more or less I am refering to supernatural beings and entities of various power with the motivation of furthering their patron diety's goals and possibly getting them worship.

Or perhaps Non-civ natural beings. (Afterall I believe Odin had Crows)

See, right now the dieties don't even HAVE goals.  I guess they're real enough to die of old age now, but that could mean anything.  They don't interact with the world, have no hopes and dreams, yet.  I've barely heard anything from Toady about how religion will eventually be handled, all we have are clues from how they're handled now...which isn't much.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: January 23, 2009, 04:39:01 pm »

We have been given say from Toady that gods really do, or at least are planned to, seek worship in some instances. After this we got Threetoe and powergoals.

Though perhaps I read too much into them.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 04:41:23 pm by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 148