Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 148

Author Topic: The NEW Future of the Fortress  (Read 336978 times)

Ghost of a Flea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The NEW Future of the Fortress
« Reply #1800 on: January 23, 2009, 05:55:21 pm »

I thought crows were a murder.

You are correct. Incidentally, the group noun for lawyers is a "prey".

FANTASY DEVELOPMENT ITEM: Lawyer as a dwarven profession, used to negotiate less severe punishments for crimes.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: January 23, 2009, 06:46:21 pm »

That doesn't sound very Dwarven. Don't Dwarven lawyers negotiate stiffer penalties for their clients?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: January 23, 2009, 06:48:58 pm »

No, just stiffer drinks.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Techhead

• Bay Watcher
  • Former Minister of Technological Heads
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: January 23, 2009, 07:01:57 pm »

A quick question, in the event of civilized species with more castes than a simple male/female gender with noticeable differences, will new adventurers be able to pick between them?
Engineering Dwarves' unfortunate demises since '08
WHAT?  WE DEMAND OUR FREE THINGS NOW DESPITE THE HARDSHIPS IT MAY CAUSE IN YOUR LIFE
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: January 23, 2009, 07:16:32 pm »

I thought crows were a murder.
I wasn't using the "technical" terms, I was describing how they act.
Crows harrass passers by and form creepy large groups that cause a lot of noise and intimidate passers by.
Ravens stake out McDonalds and scare patrons into dropping the take-out cheeseburger they just bought.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1806 on: January 23, 2009, 07:30:09 pm »

A quick question, in the event of civilized species with more castes than a simple male/female gender with noticeable differences, will new adventurers be able to pick between them?
You already can. I forget where, but while creating an adventurer, you can press 'g' to change gender.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: January 23, 2009, 07:41:23 pm »

You already can. I forget where, but while creating an adventurer, you can press 'g' to change gender.

Of course, this question deals with castes and species that suffer from an excess of genders. How would that be supported? Just using the g key to alternate between worker ants and the queen?
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: January 23, 2009, 09:42:12 pm »

Of course, this question deals with castes and species that suffer from an excess of genders. How would that be supported? Just using the g key to alternate between worker ants and the queen?

It could be reworked to where the "g" key cycles between adventure-capable castes.
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: January 23, 2009, 10:21:22 pm »

It could be reworked to where the "g" key cycles between adventure-capable castes.

Which would be grand. We just need confirmation from the toadster.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: January 24, 2009, 02:16:49 am »

Which would be grand. We just need confirmation from the toadster.

Indeed.

On that note, would you need a distinct [NOT_ADVENTURE] tag or somesuch to prevent players from playing as Antmen queens?
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

Patarak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: January 24, 2009, 04:25:55 am »

As long as livers and kidneys are being put to use instead of being blobs of woundable flesh, I think there should be an [ALCHOHOL_TOLERANCE:#:#:] tag for creatures.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: January 24, 2009, 12:38:48 pm »

On that note, would you need a distinct [NOT_ADVENTURE] tag or somesuch to prevent players from playing as Antmen queens?

Why would you want to do that? Imagine, slowly crawling across the coutryside, your meatshield offspring constantly replenishing your party, destroying/consuming everything in your path.

Hm. That gives me a thought. Fortress Mode, where the Queen cannot move, really, and you have to build the fortress around her.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: January 24, 2009, 02:22:40 pm »

She'll keep giving babies for you to work with too.   ;D

Doomduckie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: January 24, 2009, 02:27:19 pm »

Realistically, an immobile ant queen has little workers to carry her around. That'd be an interesting labour for them: Move Queen. A job you could queue up- you can deconstruct and construct the queen elsewhere.
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 148