Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20

Author Topic: My Little Zombie Apocalypse  (Read 39135 times)

DreaDFanG

• Bay Watcher
  • Hungry
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Zombie Apocalypse
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2008, 11:17:52 pm »

Sounds nice...
VvVvVvVvV
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Smash me and I shall rise again, but not make stupid threads that get me muted.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2008, 11:59:50 pm »

You couldn't think of anything more original than that, dread?
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2008, 12:13:37 am »

Let me give this a shot. Trying something really odd. Using a sort of dumb hero archetype.

DreaDFanG

• Bay Watcher
  • Hungry
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2008, 07:35:47 am »

Oh, you made a viking reenactor...I didnt read any of the posts =P

Smash me and I shall rise again, but not make stupid threads that get me muted.

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2008, 09:26:17 am »

Dread you and Torak should team up (:

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2008, 10:46:18 am »

I invented this! Did I start one of those internet-memes?

Ah, well. I'm not feeling into one of these right now. Maybe I'll join later.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2008, 11:06:11 am »

OK currently we have ten players. It could get pretty confusing with everyone posting like crazy. So, in your first action post, give the following information:

Where do you want to start (east side, west side, near the park, or near the landfill)

What you want to do, where you want to go.

What your goal is (looting, finding other survivors, just moving, hunting zombies)

How you're going to approach your goal (stealthy/no risks, as quickly as possible while being quiet, or full on LETS DO THIS)

At the end of the day, once everyone has posted their actions (that is, by midnight of that day), I'll put up a single results post under spoilers. Both for sparing everyone the Giant Wall of Text but also so you can avoid learning what everyone else was doing if roleplaying strikes your fancy.

One turn represents a few hours. This way we kind of keep everyone together temporally.

I'll give you a typical scene when you look out your window at midnight:

"The snow is falling steadily. You can't see farther than a block or two. Streetlights glow in the distance, and you see people shuffling around stiffly. They leave long tracks in the snow, but new snow falls in quickly. They seem scattered, and they walk with their heads down, arms at their sides. You make a quick count - there are at least three, probably ten or so in view if you're looking from an intersection."

"Across the street you see a snow-covered sedan. Inside, someone is moving around and pounding on the windows. He's been doing that for the past two days."

"The sky is a dark grey, seen through falling white snow and the amber glow of the streetlights. The electricity flickers again, for a few moments, and you hear your fridge come back on with a quiet hum."

"You've collected all your supplies in your living room in case you need to leave quickly. You heard the news a few minutes ago - a rescue! Can you recall exactly what street the Garrison was on? You don't live in that part of town, but they said it was downtown. Why didn't they just say what street it was on? And why don't they just drive a bunch of tanks through town and pick people up?!"

"You hear moaning outside. You quietly back away from the window, even though you're on a second floor. Are you going to leave now, or wait for the morning? You do have four days ..."
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2008, 11:16:39 am »

I'll join  :D

PS: I must sleep. I'm GMT+7.00. Bye!
PS 1: What type is the zombies? Can holy water destroy them? Is so, can other semitic religion way to destroying unpure things works too? (I want to massacre the zombies when I recite my Al-Qur'an... hehehehe)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 11:38:42 am by IndonesiaWarMinister »

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2008, 11:34:02 am »

That's cool IWM, but I think the molotov cocktails and the gun fill up your two equipment choices. Shall we say your car is either out of gas, won't start, or parked elsewhere? Your choice, I just don't want to surprise you with something that you should have had a choice in during chargen.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2008, 11:38:27 am »

What? Shoot. Shall I make it later? How about it?
Make the car parked in the now zombie infested mass parking (pick my house will ya?)
In the west part.
PS: I have some 20 litre of petrol in my house. Yeah, that's the advantage of an Oil Trader. Will my bolt-action rifle ok?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 11:40:03 am by IndonesiaWarMinister »

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2008, 11:47:42 am »

Let's say your equipment choices were
rifle + 20 bullets
two cans of gas
(one of which you used to make molotov cocktails)

Your car is in a parking garage across the street. It has four levels, a stairwell, an elevator, and a few big open entrances. Each level is pretty much open to the elements but low walls prevent people from driving off the side.
Your car is on the third level (not the roof, but the topmost inside level). You've seen not only zombies shuffling around in there, but a few stray cats and dogs. Like the other cars, it has some fuel.

(I figure balance wise this is about as difficult as hotwiring a car that's sitting on the street :P
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2008, 01:51:17 pm »

Leo I think you should write a description of what type of zombies these are in your first post.
Speed? Do they jump atcha when they get close?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2008, 01:52:37 pm »

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2008, 01:59:52 pm »

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2008, 02:10:04 pm »

Leo I think you should write a description of what type of zombies these are in your first post.
Speed? Do they jump atcha when they get close?

You have the information I already gave you :P

Heck, they could communicate by a complicated system of poking each other with voodoo dolls, for all you know.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20