Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Story: Woods and Ogre  (Read 1607 times)

Calculus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Story: Woods and Ogre
« on: July 24, 2008, 09:29:33 pm »

(SCENE 1)

An image of a tree. The tree is evil.

(The wanderer's wagon broke down in the evil forest. I grabbed a pick, and began digging a moat. The jeweler, though he had no skill in digging dug also. )

-

An image of an Ogre. The Ogre is laughing.

Three ogres lumbered out of the woods. We had only four more cells to dig to encircle ourselves. But the dwarves ran in panic away from the ogres. The dwarves ran outside the dry moat! The ogres bellowed with glee. The ogres ran at us. I recruited all and forced the dwarves to stand inside the moat.

-

An image of an dwarf. The Dwarf is laughing.

I dig the last square of the channel. The ogres circled the moat seeking to enter and eat. I laughed.

-

An image of a horse and an Ogre. The Ogre is bashing the horse.

Some of our animals also ran out of the moat when the dwarves did. A horse and a cat were not able to return before I sealed the moat. The ogres slew them. Blood splashed on us.

-

An image of Beer.

I dug into the ground beside the wagon. I made a room. We carried the supplies into the store room. We cut down trees. Many dwarves would flee when Ogres came to the moat. Work was slow.

-

An image of a Crossbow. The Crossbow is made of wood.

We talked of our ogre problem. Some suggested making a crossbow and bolts. So we did. But when they were done, the ogres left.