Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16

Author Topic: Nano Fortress (2013.1.25.1)  (Read 87026 times)

Jifodus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Lurker
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress Projects
Re: Nano Fortress
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2008, 08:37:12 pm »

Wow. When I wrote this, I didn't expect the fun-losing-factor to be so great. And yeah, embark & this can work together.

Dadamh

• Bay Watcher
  • !!world!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2008, 08:41:20 pm »

Wow. When I wrote this, I didn't expect the fun-losing-factor to be so great. And yeah, embark & this can work together.

The smallest (heh) changes can be a lot of fun.  Even if it's partially just a "HAHA I SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO DO THIS LOL" sort of thing.

Skanky

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm building a wagon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2008, 08:49:16 pm »

I like the changes we need to make to accomodate a fortress in such a small space. Like building our fort around the magma pool for instance. Its difficult to put the dorfs beds 16 tiles away from any mining activity however.
"Quickly now, the goblins are more devious these days." - Captain Mayday

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2008, 01:36:03 am »

Yah, run a search for "Embark Anywhere" and you'll find it.

Thanks, now I feel stupid for not checking the wiki.

Now you can thank me for adding it to the wiki.  :)

Dadamh

• Bay Watcher
  • !!world!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2008, 06:02:18 am »

I like the changes we need to make to accomodate a fortress in such a small space. Like building our fort around the magma pool for instance. Its difficult to put the dorfs beds 16 tiles away from any mining activity however.

Wait, people do this?

My bedrooms are always right under the workshops.

Eating a plump helmet in the heavily-engraved dining room makes them forget all about the crappy sleep.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2008, 07:34:29 am »

I tend to make a big room which serves as sparring place, sleeping çuarters, food storage, and crop field. Oddly, I dont get many tantrums despite my habit of getting casualties due to less than safe earthworks..
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Skanky

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm building a wagon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2008, 06:25:52 pm »

Wait, people do this?

My bedrooms are always right under the workshops.

Eating a plump helmet in the heavily-engraved dining room makes them forget all about the crappy sleep.
If the dwarves are have crappy sleeps, they are that much closer to becoming unhappy, bezerk dwarves. I would sooner designate over there rather than over here and effectively give them all a happiness boost.
"Quickly now, the goblins are more devious these days." - Captain Mayday

Doppel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2008, 06:43:00 pm »

Has anyone embarked on a mainriver yet? Preferably sinister, lololol.

I embarked on a main river once. I only had 50 fps with the original 7, and my wagon got dropped right on top of the bridge. After realizing that I was doomed to die of FPS issues, I removed parts of the bridge and everybody died in a glorious cave-in(to the waters below)

Haha, yea, my embarking on a mainriver resulted in having no wagon (i think) because there only was a 1 tile wide ledge on the right side of the map, wich isn't even diggable, worse is that the mainriver was filled with hippos, worse then that is that a herd of elephants decided to visit my one second old fortress, worse then that is that if i would have somehow survived utter destruction, there wasn't even a layer beneath the river to dig into, if i could have reached it to there. Due to a bug most likely.
In retrospect, this map consisted of 1) water, 2) a inpenetrable ledge, 3) a herd of hippos, 4) a herd of elephants, 5) the void. Awesome.  ;D
Doppel has been ecstatic lately. He took joy in playing DF lately. He slept on a rough cave keyboard recently.
He is a member of the Dwarf Fortress Forums.
Doppel likes the color Dark Blue, cats for their aloofness and girls for their silky soft brea beards.
He appreciates art and natural beauty.

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2008, 12:32:11 pm »

sleeping çuarters,

...How the heck did you typo THAT?!
This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

Doppel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2008, 12:35:06 pm »

He wasn't sure about using a "c" or a "q" i guess.
Doppel has been ecstatic lately. He took joy in playing DF lately. He slept on a rough cave keyboard recently.
He is a member of the Dwarf Fortress Forums.
Doppel likes the color Dark Blue, cats for their aloofness and girls for their silky soft brea beards.
He appreciates art and natural beauty.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2008, 01:16:31 pm »

"ç" is a soft "s" sound though...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2008, 02:02:13 pm »

All the same, that's the equivalent of hitting 4 and 5 really quick and to dial 9.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2008, 02:50:39 pm »

I broke my "q" key, and thus had to make do with "ç" as an alternative. (This situation is going to make me universally known, in the end...)

I think it´s supposed to be a "z" sound in ... Portuguese, or Catalonian. (Both, I think)
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2008, 03:02:21 pm »

I think it´s supposed to be a "z" sound in ... Portuguese, or Catalonian. (Both, I think)

Isn't "ç" french?

Neskiairti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Trust me, dont look.
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2008, 03:33:02 pm »

UTF-8 says its turkish
The New Moo!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16