Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 11080 times)

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2008, 10:26:25 pm »

I want System Shock 2 to be the first game made for VR.
So we can better appreciate our good fortune in reality.  ;D

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2008, 06:53:29 am »

Majesty 2, why did they ever stop making you?  :'(
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2008, 08:18:55 am »

You can just as well ask why did they ever stop making Carmageddon 3 or Mechwarrior 5.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Kyselina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2008, 02:20:09 pm »

Majesty 2, why did they ever stop making you?  :'(

They did? I think it's alive and kicking rad, being developed?
Tun Athelbuket, farmer cancels sleep: Caged.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2008, 03:15:33 pm »

There was a fake fanmade Majesty 2 in development for a while, if they were even working on it.  If it was ever in real development, it's long dead now.
Shoes...

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2008, 01:57:59 pm »

Sorry about the necromancy, but I recently had a really interesting idea for a game.

Red Alert Two, with choices.

Examples:
The soviet player could deicide to stick with Yuri to the very end, possibly ending up with a spec. ops mission where he is in the field escaping from a prision.
Or, choosing to belive Vladimir and betraying Yuri much earlier.

The allied commander could choose to try to rebuild nukes or a coup d'etat and take over the presidency (starting a civil war). Perhaps Tanya could blow up the Kremlin very early in an attempt to kill the soviet leadership.

I think that it would be a hell of a lot of fun. Not that EA would do something like that though.

*Rants about EA*
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 02:17:50 pm by Strife26 »
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2008, 02:07:03 pm »

Sorry about the necromancy, but I recently had a really interesting idea for a game.

Red Alert Two, with choices.

Examples:
The soviet player could deicide to stick with Yuri to the very end, possibly ending up with a spec. ops mission where he is in the field escaping from a prision.
Or, choosing to belive Vladimir and betraying Yuri much earlier.

The allied commander could choose to try to rebuild nukes or a coup d'etat and take over the presidency (starting a civil war). Perhaps Tanya could blow up the Kremlin very early in an attempt to kill the soviet leadership.

I think that it would be a hell of a lot of fun. Not that EA would do something like that though.

*Rants about EA*

Fixed.

It could be cool, but I've never played Red Alert 2, so I wouldn't know.
Shoes...

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2008, 02:18:46 pm »

Fixed. I just put Red Alert 2 on my latop (I now have two games on it!) The idea popped up.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2008, 03:28:59 pm »

Ha ha, Empires...  Good times, man, good times...

Provided you were fortunate enough to be on a team that not only does not have a bunch of loonies all trying to buy a heavy tank, but also has a commander with the wherewithal to lock unnecessary vehicle production.

Pfft, screw that.  A commander with the wherewithal to place some buildings.

I don't often get very good FPS with Empires, but it really is an awesome mod.  Heh, they'd better think about finding a way to streamline it before adding aircraft...  Can you imagine what kind of hell that would play on FPS?  And what kind of hell the FPS would play on the pilot?

But if you can find some folks who know what they're doing, or at least know to stick together and put the goal of the team ahead of their personal glory, there's nothin' better.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 16, 2008, 04:53:47 pm »

Empires mod...  I think it's my favorite mod for HL2.  At least it's the one I play more than any other.  One problem with it being in this thread though.  It exists.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 16, 2008, 06:02:17 pm »

Hidden is better.  I threw a pipebomb at a group of eight campers in the sewers' generator room and immediately jumped away.  They didn't stop shooting for a full minute, and I wasn't even in the room.  They had to have shot at least 500 rounds.
Shoes...

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 16, 2008, 06:37:17 pm »

Hidden has the problem of having elite players.  I was playing on a server one time, and eventually we had this one guy come on.

He was an expert, no other way of describing it.  Within moments he had found and shot the prvious hidden player, and then proceeded to unleash a reign of terror upon the rest of us.  He'd jump over our heads, throw crates at us, and generally kill the entire team of IRIS members in the space of a few minutes.  He didn't throw a single pipe bomb, and pigsticking was disabled for the server.

Then someone else came on.  He immediately shot off in some direction alone, while the rest of the team (including me) tried to watch each others' backs and try not to die. 

Then we heard shooting, and something smashed.  Then, couple seconds later, we receive the message that so-and-so has killed the hidden.

At first we cheered, but our smiles turned to grimaces of horror.  This dude was just as evil as the last guy, and he killed anyone who got in his way.  But the thing was, he wasn't better than the guy he had just bumped out of the hidden spot.  A few moments later, we receive another message about the hidden getting killed.  Well, back to dude #1.

Eventually, things fell into a rhythm.  Guy #1 would run out and find the hidden, guy #2.  Then guy #1 would kill guy #2, ending the round.  Next round, the roles were reversed.

Everybody else just stayed in the elevator.  There were several rounds in a row where none of the "lessers" fired a single bullet.  At anything.

Eventually, we just started wandering off and goofing around on the level while the two pros duked it out, ending the matches in what was sometimes a matter of seconds.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 16, 2008, 08:05:47 pm »

Yeah, I usually play on new player servers.  I'm decent, but I never kill the last person.  Ever.  I've won once.  I always kill everyone but the last guy, and he kills me in some idiotic way.
Shoes...

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 17, 2008, 11:58:58 am »

I was just playing empires not too long ago. Great mod. Something similar had previously been on my wishlist of games to be made before I found it.

My main gripe though is that it has some of the worst iron sights I have ever seen. That, and the Empire is supposed to have better equipment, but just compare the standard NF assault rifle to the standard Emp assault rifle, and you'll see its a horribly unbalanced lie.

DI7789

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2008, 01:05:25 pm »

Strictly speaking, this game does exist, but it hasn't been made yet

No Experience Necessary

I found it probably one of the best shooter games I would be likely to play and hope that sometime in the future some out-of-work developer stumbles upon that on the internet and makes it
Gone on hiatus due to RL. Major apologies to all involved in LP thread.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6