Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Human contaminated by Elves  (Read 1219 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Human contaminated by Elves
« on: July 31, 2008, 08:38:22 am »

My human adventurer betrays her hometown.
Then, I realize after traveling to the only other human town that there's only one human civilization.
So, I drop most of my loot, since I don't have the patience to find the dwarf shopkeeper.
Then, I see an Elf Prisoner, who I free, more because I need the muscle than anything else.
Turns out this guy's the Elven Diplomat, guess negotiations aren't going well.  :D
So, I flee to an Elven Forest Retreat to settle down for a bit.

Then, after failing at fortress mode for a bit, I abandon my fortress.

Well, I think it would be fun to use my Human Thief, as I call this adventurer.

So, I travel to my old fortress, move some stuff around (it's so nice to be able to manually move my stuff around), get attacked by an imp, kill said imp with a crossbow I found, other fun stuff.
Then, when I go to attack a wolf from hiding, I find the game asking if I really want to do this.  I assume it's because I'm in hiding (which I later confirm with the sleeping humans who want me dead, losers).
After killing this wolf, and other stuff, I explore a cave.
I again stealth attack a Giant Bat, same prompt.  Then, I notice the Giant Bat's not kicking my butt.  Though I should say that my Elf companion is still with me.

So, it appears that either staying with Elves, or having Elf companions, gives you the same wildlife protection that Elves have.  I don't know which.

Now, if I can just port my adventurer to Liberty Crime Squad, where such hippie behavior is encouraged in humans...