Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods III+  (Read 59290 times)

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods III+
« Reply #315 on: November 15, 2008, 01:34:26 pm »

Random role-playing?!

Just don't make this a Roll to Dodge or I'll bite off your right hand.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 15, 2008, 01:36:33 pm »

Random role-playing?!

1. You attempt to bite off Poltifars hand, but mistake your own hand for his, and bite that off. Heavy bleeding, no left hand (-2 on actions that need 2 hands)
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 15, 2008, 02:44:32 pm »

Random role-playing?!

Sorry, didn't mean to offend you :( I didn't say the RP you and the others did in older BotGs were not nice, its just that it wasnt working anymore...
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 15, 2008, 02:52:13 pm »

Sorry, didn't mean to offend you :( I didn't say the RP you and the others did in older BotGs were not nice, its just that it wasnt working anymore...
I understand. With as many players as this game has now, I imagine some structure is necessary. I suggest that you don't use existing systems like GURPS, and just let the game continue to evolve. Perhaps BotG will out grow these forums and need a website of it's own someday. Perhaps...
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 07:50:36 pm by Fenrir »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 15, 2008, 07:08:30 pm »

OK, I got replies! ^_^

leave it be, interest is too low, and many important players I haven't seen for months

if anything, we could have a battle of the gods RTD
The players being gone is a big problem, but I think interest is higher than you think- maybe we could PM everyone, and those that don't reply in a week the GM takes over their civ and either makes it NPC or gives it to a new player?

I have been planing a BotG RTD ever since I first saw them, but it wont be the real RTD and I'd rather want this the real thing alive again. also the way I envisioned the RTD both could work at the same time.

I'll always be interested in BotG. Its just that it was advancing too slowly, and alot of players missed many turns... If someone somehow revives this game or makes a new one (RTD or not), I'll join.
Thanks.
As for the speed/turn missing that is by far the biggest fault of BotG and likely that was it's fall, I doubt there is any way around it, you simply have to chose between shot turns that people will miss or long turns that ma cause them to leave out of boredom, finding a good balance is hard.

I don't think I'd be interested in playing in a new BotG but I am tempted to GM a new one.
well, the old GM appears to have left in the middle of this one, so if we resurrect it... your mages had enough infighting to convince me you wont give yourself unfair advantages.

I don't think I'd be interested in playing in a new BotG but I am tempted to GM a new one.

If you GM the game as well as you RP your mages and make your magic system and race descriptions, this would be a truly great game :D count me in!

EDIT: If we have the patience to do so, could we try to play a BotG themed game in an existing game system, like GURPS or DnD? It would probably be even slower than before, but atleast we wouldn't have rule problems and such...
while I understand the logic of it I'm frankly DISGUSTED by the thought of having my dear beautiful BotG corrupted by any other gaming system, besides those are made for individuals not civilizations I think.

if you GM a new one, I would sure be happy to join

just make sure the map isn't this massive this time, so we can get some stuff going on BEFORE turn 30
I'll be glad to have you in, evry game needs an antagonist. :p
If by "a new one" mean the RTD then it wont have a map at all and will be QUITE different from the normal BotG in general, probably MUCH faster.

I understand. With as many players as this game has now, I imagine some structure is necessary. I suggest that you don't use existing systems like GURPS, and just let the game continue to evlove. Perhaps BotG will out grow these forums and need a website of it's own someday. Perhaps...
A complete from-DF-separate BotG game system...
*Armok has been struck by a fey mood!*
*Armok dodged the fey mood!*
*Armok has fallen into a deep chasm.*

really, it's a brilliant idea, tacticus/Botg actual gaming system...
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 15, 2008, 07:58:43 pm »

...I have been planing a BotG RTD ever since I first saw them...

...I'm frankly DISGUSTED by the thought of having my dear beautiful BotG corrupted by any other gaming system...
If you didn't like the idea of using D&D or something, why would you corrupt BotG with this RTD fad? RTD is fun and all, but it has no place here.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 15, 2008, 08:27:44 pm »

...I have been planing a BotG RTD ever since I first saw them...

...I'm frankly DISGUSTED by the thought of having my dear beautiful BotG corrupted by any other gaming system...
If you didn't like the idea of using D&D or something, why would you corrupt BotG with this RTD fad? RTD is fun and all, but it has no place here.
*stares blankly*

Thats... that's a really good point.

Well, I was probably unclear, the RTD wont BE BotG, it'll more be tacticus, but it'll be the same overcharging gods continuity as all the tacticus and BotG and some of the spontaneous forum RP.
Basically, it'll be another rulset of tacticus (If someone remembers the introduction I wrote to BotG III it's actually a game of tacticus, the threads called tacticus are the more chaotic Pantshelm ruleset, and there are an infinite number of rulesets) so Akroma will still be the twin goddesses and freelock will be Feneth etc. but the world will be different and the scale to. more info in the actual thread, maybe I should post it soon so this thread isnt full of random discussion if it gets resurrected.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 15, 2008, 09:46:03 pm »

I think the BotG needs a major overhaul if it's to start up again. It's almost three in the morning here though, so I'll think about it and post my opinion tomorrow.
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 15, 2008, 10:26:47 pm »

I think the BotG needs a major overhaul if it's to start up again. It's almost three in the morning here though, so I'll think about it and post my opinion tomorrow.
Yes, (if this is what you mean) I have thought that we might continue in the same world at the same time, but some rule changes to avoid the things that made it die last time.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 16, 2008, 05:12:01 am »

if it is Istrian to GM the next botg, I would without a doubt change my race.
There have been too many arguements with istrian about the Tengu, so godess and race would be new ones made from a scratch
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: November 16, 2008, 05:19:28 am »

Yes, I would probably change mine too. They did not fit properly.

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 16, 2008, 05:57:31 am »

If I am to GM a new BotG I would try to make it no-GM-interventionist. That is, the GM wouldn't actually do anything unless there is actual conflict between two players (which also means no ruins). Basically it would be the same as BotGII but with GM intervention whenever it gets out of hand.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 16, 2008, 05:59:48 am »

sounds about good to me.

when will we start ?

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 16, 2008, 06:02:33 am »

Whenever I am done making the map. I think a 30x30 map would be fine for now. Expansion when required.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 16, 2008, 11:32:04 am »

I see number four has already been set up. I wont be joining in though, I'll be sticking with Evolution Lite. When that ends though, I'll probably jump over to the next roleplay game that pops up. I really do think that BotG has lost it's shine. I wouldnt really consider playing it now unless it was completely redesigned, at which point it may not be considered the same game any longer.
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]