Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: DFPaint: A cross-platform 'screenbuilder' utility in Java (Source released)  (Read 24988 times)

korora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFPaint: A cross-platform 'screenbuilder' utility in Java
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2008, 05:06:33 pm »

I think you need to include the '-jar' option for it to do the jar file properly.  Try this:
Code: [Select]
java -jar DFPaint.jar
DFPaint, a cross-platform 'screenbuilder' utility

LordZabujca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2008, 05:37:15 pm »

This thing is pretty cool, but why do I get a huge lag in painting tiles near the lower right corner while those near the upper left one get updated almost instantly?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 05:42:59 pm by LordZabujca »

korora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2008, 06:17:14 pm »

This thing is pretty cool, but why do I get a huge lag in painting tiles near the lower right corner while those near the upper left one get updated almost instantly?

I was doing some inefficient stuff and hoping it wouldn't matter (and on my computer I can barely notice the difference).  I think I've fixed it, but I could hardly tell the difference before, so when I put a new version up you'll have to tell me if it's better.

KrunkSplein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

and this is the UTILITY I've been wanting for a long time.  It's like Toady and the DF community know I've been bummed out, and have decided to cheer me up.

Note that I am asking this without having downloaded or attempted to use the Utility: is there support for multiple Z levels?

korora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

and this is the UTILITY I've been wanting for a long time.  It's like Toady and the DF community know I've been bummed out, and have decided to cheer me up.

Note that I am asking this without having downloaded or attempted to use the Utility: is there support for multiple Z levels?

I'm not sure this does what you think it does.  How would you expect Z-level support to look/act for this program (assuming you've tried it out by now)?

Zerox

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Rose Gold lover
    • View Profile

Made this in my spare time. horrible quality makes it look real.

It's Dwarves not dwarfs.

Tamren

• Bay Watcher
  • Two dreams away
    • View Profile

neat stuff. try to paint a mural!  :)

EDIT: I just realized that we could make this into the best fortress planning tool ever.
Fear not the insane man. For who are you to say he does not percieve the true reality?

Zerox

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Rose Gold lover
    • View Profile

Next up is the story of a city whose name was lost in time, but the infamous battle wasn't.

"We don't know what the thing across the water does, but it probably isn't good."
It's Dwarves not dwarfs.

Dae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll probably look numb, but how do you run it on a windows?
Tried a couple things and couldn't manage to make it work.

korora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll probably look numb, but how do you run it on a windows?
Tried a couple things and couldn't manage to make it work.

Put it in your DF folder and double-click it.  Make sure you have a file in data/art called curses_640x300.bmp . If that doesn't work, can you describe what happens?

Dae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, currently it opens the file in winrar ;D
I'm currently trying to deactivate it, but I lack the program to open DFPaint instead of winrar.

korora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do you have Java installed on your computer?  If not, you can get it from http://www.java.com. (You can also use this page to test whether you have Java, if you're not sure).

Dae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yep that's it... I was so sure I had already installed java I haven't checked ::)

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I got it working, finally, and it looks nice. The only complaint I have is that at least on my Windows machine, the last tile of the tileset is outside the window, and thus cannot be seen or clicked on.

EDIT: I mean the farthest-right column.
EDIT2: Same on my Ubuntu laptop.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 01:10:47 pm by Tahin »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

For me, the bottom row is halfway out of the window.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6