Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [39e] Dumped items on (chasm) floors - not a bug  (Read 782 times)

Zwergner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[39e] Dumped items on (chasm) floors - not a bug
« on: August 03, 2008, 05:48:11 pm »

Okay, there's a LOT of factors to this, and I'm not sure which are the contributing factors.

I mined down to the bottom floor of my map.  My map also has a chasm.
I wanted to build stuff over the chasm, so I've started covering the whole thing with constructed floor.
I have a lot of stone laying around I want to dump.
Somehow, stone has ended up on my constructed floor tiles.
I tell them to dump it, and they ignore it.

My theory is that they think the stone is "chasm'd" and therefore already dumped, even though it's a chasm tile with a floor built over it.

EDIT:  Also wanted to add that my only dump is not a chasm.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 11:03:40 pm by Zwergner »
Dwarf Transplant updating utility

Lazureus

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfection is Flawed
    • View Profile
Re: [39e] Dumped items on (chasm) floors
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 07:23:12 pm »

When you mark items for re-dumping, you first have to claim them as dumped items are automatically switched to forbidden.
Current modding project:Tyranids 2010
Past modding projects:
DF2010: Crematorium
40d: ‼TYRANIDS‼
Quote from: Dark Pegasus
Just when I thought I couldn't despise him any more... He finds a whole new and undiscovered way!!

Zwergner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 08:36:49 pm »

1.  I'm not "re-dumping" they were never dumped.  They are MARKED for dump, but never got to one.
2.  The items were never marked at forbidden.
3.  I tried removing the dump tag, waiting a few steps, then putting the dump tag back on and they still ignore the stones.  I tried making them forbidden, waiting a few steps, then claiming them.  They still ignore the stones.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 09:13:21 pm »

Are they {stones}?  That's forbidden.

Pexxithan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 09:51:27 pm »

Sounds like to me that you were trying to dump the stones in the chasm and built the floor over afterwards, and now they are [trying] to dump the stones in the area you set as a dump. You might have to go through and make sure you still don't have anything designated as a dumping spot where those stones might be.

You might look into that and see, then remove any dump spot and unforbid (and reclaim) and item marked for dumping. Make a new area out of the way as a dump spot and then have them dump everything in that new area. Then make the old dumping spot over the chasm when you are finished with what you needed to do.

Or maybe I am totally misunderstanding you.

Zwergner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2008, 10:19:57 pm »

Are they {stones}?  That's forbidden.

I just said they weren't forbidden T_T

Sounds like to me that you were trying to dump the stones in the chasm and built the floor over afterwards, and now they are [trying] to dump the stones in the area you set as a dump. You might have to go through and make sure you still don't have anything designated as a dumping spot where those stones might be.

You might look into that and see, then remove any dump spot and unforbid (and reclaim) and item marked for dumping. Make a new area out of the way as a dump spot and then have them dump everything in that new area. Then make the old dumping spot over the chasm when you are finished with what you needed to do.

Or maybe I am totally misunderstanding you.

I NEVER wanted anything dumped in a chasm.  My only dump is a single square next to the mason's workshop, which is a good 10 squares at least away from the what used to be chasm.  Where the stones are at the moment was never a dump.

EDIT:  Here's a pic
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 10:24:23 pm by Zwergner »

Zwergner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2008, 11:02:17 pm »

Bahhh, I know why now.  The same reason everyone keeps vomiting.  The chasm causes the tiles to be treated as outside.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 01:02:06 am »

Bahhh, I know why now.  The same reason everyone keeps vomiting.  The chasm causes the tiles to be treated as outside.

Open to the sky, of course.

Pexxithan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [39e] Dumped items on (chasm) floors - not a bug
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 01:10:46 am »

My mistake, I thought you said you were trying to dump the stones in the chasm, not on the floor over it.

I totally forgot about the chasm registering everything as outside.