Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Now i just feel bad: problems with morals  (Read 13208 times)

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Now i just feel bad: problems with morals
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2008, 01:43:48 pm »

I have pretty tall walls around my entrance.  4 z-levels or so.  I decided to cover the top with grates, so that the top could be walked on but still let light through.  Well, I found out that after putting up the first ring of grates they wouldn't support any internal ones, so I decided to set them all to be removed and I'd try something else.

Long story short, my mayor's husband fell and wound up with red arms, and one of my furnace ops is broken all over.  I don't feel so bad when the dwarves get killed by enemies, but when it's my own fault (like the time where I collapsed a ceiling onto the only two miners) I feel bad, especially if the dwarves have done something to make me notice them.

I always cringe when I see my soldiers carrying their babies into battle.  That is not safe!
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.

CrazyEyes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2008, 01:56:14 pm »

Urist McHammerdwarf thinks nothing of caring her newborn babe onto the field of battle.  They have to learn about death sometime and seeing it firsthand is a good experience as any.

Plus, they make good armor.
I'm glad all the DF players are not living in one district. It'd be the most dangerous district for the whole world.
Actually, it'd be the most dangerous district in hundreds of thousands of worlds, starting with 'Xah Rabin' The Dimension of Omen. 

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2008, 04:48:17 pm »

the only reason my wrestler survived her first encounter in my earlier fortress was the gobbo went strait for her kid and mangled it to death. he was the only death so i gave him a nice tomb with a special place for his mother next to him. then i set about trying to axe his mother. didn't work, but later she charged a bowgob on the other side of a river. good times.

Boatmurderer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2008, 06:54:03 am »

I'm starting to feel bad about my main hunter. He has that "doesn't really care about anything anymore" tag, and when I went to track his kills, he has killed something like 83 unicorns.

...He gets his own masterfully engraved room once he breaks 100. Unless the etchings are all murdered unicorns.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2008, 11:40:50 am »

I'm starting to feel bad about my main hunter. He has that "doesn't really care about anything anymore" tag, and when I went to track his kills, he has killed something like 83 unicorns.

...He gets his own masterfully engraved room once he breaks 100. Unless the etchings are all murdered unicorns.

I think a tomb full of etchings of murdered unicorns would be badass. If we had unicorn horns as dropped materials from a dead unicorn, you could make him a full set of unicorn horn armor and clothes made of unicorn hide so he would be buried with it.

It doesn't help that in DF, the unicorns are not sparkly and magical. They are feral, horrible creatures like hippos and elephants.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Boatmurderer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2008, 04:26:24 pm »

They're frickin' pansies anymore. Main problem with 'em is they seem to regenerate minor wounds quickly. This hunter was basically chasing his first unicorn for most of a season on and off with little effect. Of course, he was using a copper spear at the time. Once I made a steel spear and he lost the copper spear inside a groundhog, it became open season on horney ponies.

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2008, 07:38:38 pm »

On the topic of being moral in DF, I recently just pinched a cougar until it fell unconscious rather than gouging out its eyes, breaking its spine and/or cervic joint, and finally beating it to death with my bare hands.

Joseph Miles

• Bay Watcher
  • DF isn't a game, its a way of life!
    • View Profile
    • http://bugger92.proboards91.com/
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2008, 08:11:25 pm »

DF+morals....DOES NOT COMPUTE! ERROR! ERROR! DOES NOT COMPUTE! ERROR! SYSTEM SHUTTING DOWN....SELF DESTRUCT INITIATED! 5....4....3...2...1....BA-BOOM!
Cog - He's the new Urist.
Yes they are a bunch of drunken unstable retards, but they're MY drunken unstable retards, and I will take care of them.
It could be worse, that cat could be alive.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2008, 11:14:45 pm »

Joseph thank god you changed you sig. that rick roll scarred the shit out of me. also i have set up a pit for annoying nobles containing unicorns. they have water but there food source comes from anyone stupid enough to piss me off.

Joseph Miles

• Bay Watcher
  • DF isn't a game, its a way of life!
    • View Profile
    • http://bugger92.proboards91.com/
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2008, 01:26:09 am »

Joseph thank god you changed you sig. that rick roll scarred the shit out of me. also i have set up a pit for annoying nobles containing unicorns. they have water but there food source comes from anyone stupid enough to piss me off.

...unicorns? Evil does not with you mix. Or is there something bad about unicorn?

Also, it's nowhere near as bad as if I put what my cousin suggested for my sig. It was a- wait, no, people would go there and have the balls to bitch about it no matter how bad I say it is.
Cog - He's the new Urist.
Yes they are a bunch of drunken unstable retards, but they're MY drunken unstable retards, and I will take care of them.
It could be worse, that cat could be alive.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2008, 01:36:05 am »

there is nothing eviler, nor funnier, than a noble ripped to shreds by bloodthirsty, presumably rabies infected, unicorns

and the irony is worth the price of admission. you want adamantine? well sir sugarfairy want your leg! mwa ha ha ha!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 02:16:31 am by Jackrabbit »

CrazyEyes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2008, 02:47:21 am »

...unicorns? Evil does not with you mix. Or is there something bad about unicorn?

Unicorns are not the docile, magical creatures we know in DF.  They are savage, rampaging beasts good for little more than wholesale slaughter.

Plus, traders looooove items made from unicorn bone for some reason.
I'm glad all the DF players are not living in one district. It'd be the most dangerous district for the whole world.
Actually, it'd be the most dangerous district in hundreds of thousands of worlds, starting with 'Xah Rabin' The Dimension of Omen. 
Pages: 1 2 [3]