Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46]

Author Topic: Underground Diversity  (Read 131630 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Underground Diversity
« Reply #675 on: April 19, 2009, 01:04:50 pm »

Oh, yeah, Dune. I totally want all my dwarves to turn into fetus-like spice addicts.

zagibu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: April 19, 2009, 04:05:36 pm »

Hmm, sandworms could produce crystal glass as "waste". I mean, they probably ingest a lot of sand, right? Or maybe their tunnel walls are made of crystal glass? Crystal, because it is valuable, and the other kinds of glass are pretty easy to produce, so their would not really be motivation enough to enter sandworms' lairs.
99 barrels of beer in the pile
99 barrels of beer!
If some dwarves know the way to the pile
0 barrels of beer in the pile!

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: April 19, 2009, 04:21:00 pm »

Crystal glass deposits and sandworms? I am 100% behind this idea. This would probably be a lot better if tunneling enemies are implemented.

While we're throwing out ideas of things that could be sleeping in the depths, have Lovecraftian Horrors been suggested to death already? Because it would be cool to have some serious tentacle demons.

TheDJ17

• Bay Watcher
  • [SWAG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: April 19, 2009, 04:45:24 pm »

To make it harder to get Crystal glass the sand worms should regurally patroll their tunnels.
The spinning =<*Free Form Jazz*>= strikes the Poster in all the senses, ya' dig, utterly blowing the mind!
The Status Quo has been struck down!

Volfram

• Bay Watcher
  • hate you all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: April 19, 2009, 05:29:05 pm »

Is this a good place to put my suggestion to have old gods hiding deep within the earth, and my idea to make magma and adamantine access more like they were in the 2D version?

[edit]Also, I've tried to mod in a Spirit of Frost, which basically freezes things instead of burning them.  Probably should have referenced the magic weapons mod someone cooked up.  I'll have to re-examine the feasibility after the new update.[/edit]
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 05:31:15 pm by Volfram »
Andir and Roxorius "should" die.

Yes, actually, I am trying to get myself banned.  I wish Toady would quit working on this worthless piece of junk and go back to teaching math.

The Minister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: April 19, 2009, 06:33:52 pm »

well, I'm surprised I didn't see this on the list, especially since diseases are coming in this release, but ....

The Black Lung: the disease contracted by long-term exposure to respirable coal dust.
Also, Asbestosis!

There may be other diseases related to mining and underground, but these are pretty classic ones.

I would actually argue that dwarves should be all but immune to such diseases, but other races, if they ever mine, should be vulnerable. 

I guess this would be a pretty late bloat, but it should be included in the list for completeness.
McDoomhammer: DF is the best thing after sex.
Krash: Blasphemy!!11
thvaz: Why blasphemy?  Sex followed by DF sounds like a good afternoon to me.

Othob Rithol

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Dark Snathi, Rain & Tom Bombadil
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: April 19, 2009, 10:37:44 pm »

And the last item added is :

Black Lung.

UD is no longer being supported. I'll also be removing it from the Eternal Suggestions list as promised.

Othob Rithol, considering that Toady seems to be addressing some of the things mentioned in this thread (namely, the repopulation of subterranean creatures), are you planning on adding something to the relevant entries in the first post along the lines of "this has now been (added/dealt with) (not at all/partially/completely)"?  Seems like it might be a good idea, and will help keep the thread up-to-date as suggestions are added or become obsolete (for whatever reason).

I really thought about doing that. I was going to make a last section : "Implemented Features" but really it isn't necessary. Toady has read the list and taken what he likes....mission accomplished.

It's really not a bad idea, objectively, but I hope Othob Rithol will atleast ask Barbarossa the Seal God how he feels about it. It doesn't really seem fair to create something that will so obviously take away from the closest thing UD has to real competition, when both posts are useful generators of separate ideas.

If you look at the dates, I posted that 2 days before Seal God started his thread. Any ideas I have will probably end up there.

OR the worms from Dune? Especially in a Desert. They would produce special minerals, too. Maybe the crystal/stone/ore you can get from then does fire damage.

See (about 3/4ths the way through)...also look at the Burrowing Creatures entry.

Anyone can pick up the torch and start UD2. Just remember to wait until Toady has had time to finish a milestone and hammer out bugs, link to this thread somewhere and slap my name on it. (G-L-O-R-Y!!!!)

And lastly, for old times sake.... you guys got really off-topic with all that religion stuff! :P Take that gobbo dung elsewhere!

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46]