Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15

Author Topic: /V/ Succession Game!  (Read 16817 times)

Nekose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
/V/ Succession Game!
« on: September 18, 2007, 07:54:00 am »

Here's the thread to plan out the succession game we talked about on /V/.

Upcoming players:

1. That guy
  2. Kjoery
  3. Savok
  4. Black Mage
  5. Svarog
  6. Rictus
  7. Khâzakar

Wiki:
http://dwarf.lendemaindeveille.com/index.php/Axefather

[ September 28, 2007: Message edited by: Nekose ]

[ October 02, 2007: Message edited by: Nekose ]

Aargh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: /V/ Succession Game!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 07:56:00 am »

Reportin' for duty!

Kjoery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 07:56:00 am »

Sure.

Nekose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 08:14:00 am »

Alright, I'll repost the thread during daytime on /v/ I'm sure we can get more people then.

The plan was to do this similar to boatmurdered.
(Here's an archive link if you never read it:http://fromearth.net/LetsPlay/Boatmurdered/)

Each player runs the fort for one year, then posts the "fortress master" log of key events as they occurred. The save file is handed off to the next person in line and onward it goes.

We should probably lay down some ground rules before we get to much further into it. This may be 4chan, but lets try not to be to stupid about this.

No digging too deep is an abvious one, as well as anything to intentionally screww over your successor.

Can anyone think of other things we need to worry about?

Aargh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 08:17:00 am »

Mining adamanting and fucking over the fort on purpose are the only two bad things I can think of...

Kjoery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 08:20:00 am »

Be creative with digging and room design. No square rooms.

[ September 18, 2007: Message edited by: Kjoery ]

Nekose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2007, 08:20:00 am »

Email address might make things easier to coordinate too. That way we can shoot reminders.

Nekose@gmail.com

Nekose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2007, 08:23:00 am »

I got a bad habbit of making workshops single 3x3 rooms with an entrance. Suppose I should avoid doing that then.

To be honest, I've been playing the game for a while, but I'm probably not as good as most. I might elect to take my turn later down the list.

Then again, it could be pretty funny to have an "Apprentice Fort Planner" laying down the frame work.

Aargh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2007, 08:25:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Kjoery:
<STRONG>Be creative with digging and room design. No square rooms.

[ September 18, 2007: Message edited by: Kjoery ]</STRONG>

I don't like that rule. Square rooms are most effective using the available space, and limiting players in how to design their shit is retarded. Let everyone just do their thing, and if it's your turn feel free to pretty things up...

Kjoery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2007, 08:28:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Aargh:
<STRONG>

I don't like that rule. Square rooms are most effective using the available space, and limiting players in how to design their shit is retarded. Let everyone just do their thing, and if it's your turn feel free to pretty things up...</STRONG>

I certainly will, but I'm, personally, tired of just making square rooms and a functional fortress. It's much more fun (in my opinion) to do more creative things, and make rooms/corridors shaped like letters, objects, images, etc. Or to give the room a theme, like lava-surrounded vault.

cannonfodder

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2007, 08:29:00 am »

Don't forget no flodding the world with water or lava unless it's in a controlled manner.

Let people build what they want. If the next guy doesn't like it, they can change it. Sometimes a square room is simply the most efficient.

quote:
It's much more fun (in my opinion) to do more creative things, and make rooms/corridors shaped like letters, objects, images, etc. Or to give the room a theme, like lava-surrounded vault.

That's fine. Do it on your turn. No one is saying don't be creative, but it's retarded to try and force creativity. That takes out as much fun as someone forcing you to build squares.

[ September 18, 2007: Message edited by: cannonfodder ]

Nekose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2007, 08:31:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Kjoery:
<STRONG>

I certainly will, but I'm, personally, tired of just making square rooms and a functional fortress. It's much more fun (in my opinion) to do more creative things, and make rooms/corridors shaped like letters, objects, images, etc. Or to give the room a theme, like lava-surrounded vault.</STRONG>

So not No square rooms, just try to make as much fun stuff as possible and avoid boring design. I think we can all plan on at least making a couple of awsome things each turn.

Im sure plenty of stuff will happen to keep us entertained regardless.

Kjoery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2007, 08:31:00 am »

Okay, sweet.

Nekose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2007, 08:32:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by cannonfodder:
<STRONG>Don't forget no flodding the world with water or lava unless it's in a controlled manner.

Let people build what they want. If the next guy doesn't like it, they can change it. Sometimes a square room is simply the most efficient.</STRONG>

You wanna play too, or are you just helping out?

Aargh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2007, 09:36:00 am »

When are we going to start this?

And perhaps more importantly, WHO is going to start this? I assume you'll play the first year, Nekose?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15