Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: /V/ Succession Game!  (Read 16990 times)

Nekose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: /V/ Succession Game!
« Reply #75 on: September 21, 2007, 06:44:00 pm »

10th of Opal

Another dwarf has been struck by inspiration. This time locking himself inside the clothing workshop

He's shouting madly for stacks of cloth and rough gems. I ask him to be more specific and he only replies with more shouting.

I hope i can find what he wants, or he might never shut up.

Nekose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 21, 2007, 06:47:00 pm »

13th of Opal

I've begun hollowing out a large area near the river. If all goes to plan we might just be able to grow some tower cap and collect silk down here.

That stupid dwarf is still screaming about stacks of cloth and roughs gems. Its gotten to the point were I'm willing to do anything to get him to just shut up, but he still wont calm down. I'm stationing my squad near him, this is starting to get out of hand.

Wouldn't you know it, just as I start to put my squad in position the crazy bastard comes bursting through the door with a dead kitten in his mouth.

Our options were simple at that point.

Finally, some peaceful sleep without him screaming.

Nekose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 21, 2007, 06:48:00 pm »

1st of granite 1053

Spring has arrived, and with it a priority message from headquarters.

It would appear that although my posting here was a mistake, later reviewing of my psychological profile has found me unfit to lead a fortress anywhere. They site “Unnecessary violent tendencies” and “Anger issues” as the main problems. I wish the bastards were here right now, I'd show them “anger issues”.

Its all a crock of harpy shit if you ask me, I'm sure its just more of MkGovinigan pulling my strings.

So I'm to be relieved of my position, pending further review. The bad news is I'm stuck here. The good news is I have time to make one more executive decision before being removed.

I'm having myself permanently appointed as leader of the defense forces. If I can continue killing then I think I can stay happy, and if I die out here, then at least I'll be doing something I enjoy; killing the bastards that make this place hell.

~Nekose

Nekose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 21, 2007, 06:57:00 pm »

Okay guys, thats my story and im sticking to it.

here's the save file when you're ready Aargh!
http://rapidshare.com/files/57336225/save.zip.html

Nekose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 21, 2007, 11:42:00 pm »

Here's a link to the current fortress:
http://mkv25.net/dfma/viewmap.php?view_mapid=984

Hope I didn't complain to much Koji, the fortress was honestly really well made. I picked up a couple of tricks I'll take home to my own fortress.

[ September 22, 2007: Message edited by: Nekose ]

Kh

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2007, 02:28:00 am »

Reporting for duty.
ARRRR.

Rictus

• Bay Watcher
  • still hasn't found any adamantine
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 22, 2007, 05:09:00 am »

Great start you two!  Looks like my prediction of having all the wildlife cleared by the time my turn came around was correct. Axefather has the makings of a great fortress.

Rictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2007, 12:12:00 pm »

Having just looked at the dev_list, I've been thinking, should we delay this and start again when the new version comes out? It can't be more than a week away now, and it'll be like pulling teeth going back to the old version to play your turn once you've had a go on the new one.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 22, 2007, 12:25:00 pm »

Thiss hass the potential of a new boatmurdered... if you finissh before the next releaszse, hurry up!
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Aargh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 22, 2007, 02:10:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Rictus:
<STRONG>Having just looked at the dev_list, I've been thinking, should we delay this and start again when the new version comes out? It can't be more than a week away now, and it'll be like pulling teeth going back to the old version to play your turn once you've had a go on the new one.</STRONG>

Please no. I mean, I'm looking forward to the next release as much as anyone, but with so many new features I want to have some time to experiment with what works and what doesn't work and generally mess around with it before getting into a succession game.

Anyway, I'm done earlier than I thought and though I won't be playing today (I'm tired as all fuck), I'll have all of tomorrow to mess around with the fort and see if I can add my own touch to it without having it go up in flames or something.

[ September 22, 2007: Message edited by: Aargh ]

Nekose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 22, 2007, 10:23:00 pm »

I Think I agree with Aargh.

As much fun as the new game is going to be, I want a bit more experience with it before I play with a group of people depending on me.

Rictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 23, 2007, 03:47:00 am »

Fair enough, but it'd also be more realistic (i.e. the dwarves only have a vague idea what to do), and would probably show off real growth of the fortress, rather than a series of pre-planned tried and tested cookie cutter techniques, but what the hell, I'm easy.

Aargh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 23, 2007, 09:42:00 am »

Took me a while to get the bearings on the fortress because the layout is quite a lot different from my usual fortresses, but that makes it interesting.

Here goes.

---

Personal Journal
1st Granite, 1053, Early Spring

Oh hell, I really did it this time! As if it's not bad enough that I'm stuck in this hellish corner of the earth, I just had to open that big mouth of mine!

Apparently someone overheard me when, just a few days ago, I had been complaining about Axefather and it's leadership over a few drinks. Well, more then just a few drinks to tell the truth, but what else is new? Anyway, it was about time to appoint a new leader and some higer-up with a massive log up his arse basically said "Let's see you do it then." My reply was said to be some insult-laden form of "Fine, maybe I will!", but the details have been drowned in alcohol so I don't really remember that. The result is that I, Aargh, am now expected to lead Axefather for a full year.

What the bloody hell do I know about managing a fortress! Tell me to dig a tunnel or to mine an ore vein and I'll happily get to it, but the only thing I've ever been in charge of was my trusty pick! Hell, pour a few barrels of alcohol down my throat and I'm not even in control of my own mouth anymore!

But I guess it's no use crying over spilt ale. Well, maybe a little crying is to be expected, but only manly, Dwarven tears! And no  weep like an Elf, either! I'll cry with my pick one hand, carving into the mountain, and a (new) mug of ale in the other! Eh. What I'm trying to say is that I'll just try to rule Axefather the best I can.

After all, what could possibly go wrong in one year?

Aargh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 23, 2007, 10:46:00 am »

Personal Journal
19st Granite, 1053, Early Spring

I'm not even in charge for one month, and already disaster has struck. I just woke up with the worst hangover I've had in- well, I'm not sure really, but it's bad. Anyway, I just woke up and got the news that Thîkut Nudenled wandered out of the fortress, where she was ambushed by a fierce lion. She hardly had the time to fight back before the beast tore her to shreds. She will be missed, and I'll be sure to have a drink or two dozen in her honour.

This event has drawn my attention to a problem, however: I had no idea what Thîkut was doing outside. While I was doing my best to manage the fortress, I hadn't been paying attention to the Dwarves living in it. To remedy this, I've personally spent some time getting to know every Dwarf and their job, and made some adjustments to their job descriptions where I deemed it necessary.

On the whole, I'm quite pleased with the changes I've made so far, and am confident the entire fortress will work at greater efficiency because of it. To celebrate this, I've set apart a few barrels of our finest booze for tonight.

In the next few weeks I'm planning to expand our stockpiles a bit, as well as continue the search for useful ore past the chasm. I hope we can find some coal soon, so we can start producing metal items without having to rely on our limited wood supply.

Aargh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 23, 2007, 11:01:00 am »

Personal Journal
23rd Granite, 1053, Early Spring

We've got a reason to celebrate! Monom Urvaddodòk's mining skill has reached legendary levels! Even though I hate to admit it, she's an even better miner than I am! She's an inspiration to miners everywhere, and to all of Axefather. The alcohol will flow freely tonight!

On a less joyful note, our booze supply seems to be running frighteningly low. Just wait until I get my hands on the Dwarf so greedily using up our supply! In the mean time, I hope those bloody farmers start making themselves useful sometime soon, so we can get the still running again.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15