Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

Adventure Mode

(1/4) > >>

Yaddy1:
What tag do you add to a creature to make them playable in adventure mode?

Paul:
You have to edit their entity file (or create one for them if its a creature without one) and add [ADVENTURE_TIER:#] with # being where they are in the list of races for when you select to start as an adventurer. AFAIK this doesn't affect anything but where in the list they are, and you can make it the same as one of the other races and it will simply appear right below them in the list, but it's probably better to make new numbers - like 4, 5, 6, etc.

KaelGotDwarves:
[INDIV_CONTROLLABLE] to the entity_default file as well as what the guy above me said. You should have the adventure_tier tag be one more than the civ in front of it - so if dwarves are #1, and humans #2, elves #3, whatever else #4.

Paul:
You actually don't need [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE]. The only entity that has it is humans, and both elves and dwarves are controllable in adventure mode. All it does is add the "Play Now!" thing, which I guess just randomly gives you a civ instead of selecting one? Certainly not necessary.

Deon:
Play Now! allows you to play a creature if there's no civs of that creature present. So if you want to play a wolf you don't need the entity to  be placed somwhere, you'll start with Play Now! if there're no wolf civs, that's how I like to play animals to stop weird civs from appearing. Also as a side effect you'll have no items/equipment because there's no civ to give you some.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version