Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: For the 2 Adams  (Read 10116 times)

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
Re: For the 2 Adams
« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2008, 06:47:00 pm »

Y'know, I didn't even read the rest of the thread...  But I hope that if anyone did approach Toady to either buy the game from him or to mass-produce it that he'd decline.

The reason the game is the way that it IS is because that it hasn't been rushed by money-grubbing corporate shit-machines that only cater to the gamer who has lots of money and wants a game to play quickly and easily.  This game requires a challenge to learn; most people won't like that.

Fenrir

« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2008, 07:14:00 pm »

*appears*
quote:
Originally posted by Cthulhu:
<STRONG>Wow, this thread has everything.  Escaped Lunatics, EA-Bashing, Racism, Flamewars, Innuendo, all we need is a Fenrir appear/vanish.</STRONG>
I cant cuz im gone 4 realz ths time srsly!!!!
*vanishes*

Damn, I should have let myself be forgotten. It would have been better than to be remembered for this.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2008, 07:16:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by subject name here:
<STRONG>Human Moderators are useless. Manflesh always serves it's own interests, Manflesh must be replaced with Robot Moderator then life will be fair.</STRONG>

*Waves hand from the back of the classroom* *I* could do it! *I* am not human, because I'm FURRY! ((Saying this here because it is ALREADY a flamewar))

To be "personnel" you gots to be PERSON. I iz FURRY, vitch is BETTER. (inspiration from here!)

It you had elected ME mod I'd have closed this thread PAGES ago.

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2008, 09:02:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Cthulhu:
<STRONG>Wow, this thread has everything.  Escaped Lunatics, EA-Bashing, Racism, Flamewars, Innuendo, all we need is a Fenrir appear/vanish.</STRONG>

Well, actually there's no racism in this thread. There was just a mis-understanding. And as long as we have some increased aggression usually it's caused by someone in a "too-much-booze" condition.

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2008, 09:35:00 pm »

That, and sometimes we just get a bit carried away.  We really can be egged on rather easily.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2008, 09:44:00 pm »

I WILL BE THE MODERATOR FOR THE NEW MILLENIUM AND CRUSH ALL REBELLION WITH AN IRON FIST.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2008, 09:53:00 pm »

Oh yeah?  Well, I've got a ‼≡«☼Steel Fist☼»≡‼!

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2008, 09:54:00 pm »

I can't believe there are three pages here and no one has realized that the OP is a troll...

I mean, come on!  You really think someone who likes EA that much would like Dwarf Fortress as much as he claims to?  Then there's the simple fact that he hasn't posted again even once.

YOU ALL LOSE THE THREAD!!!  I WIN!!!

Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Gorjo MacGrymm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2008, 12:15:00 am »

*mutters to self* "Damn that Ioric, Always Wins! Next time I will just take my ball and go home."

:D

"You should stop cutting down all these herr trees, or, MAN is my Queen going to be Aaaaa-aang-Re-ee with you guys!" flipping his hand and batting his eyelashes."
"Oh my god guys, wood, is like, totally murder."

Nukeitall

• Bay Watcher
  • HURR DURRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2008, 12:19:00 am »

As the forum community grows, I am starting to agree that some moderation is sadly needed outside Toady/Threetoe.

subject name here

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2008, 02:41:00 am »

With a warning that if they decide to become power hungry Nazi's that their moderating privileges will be revoked shortly followed by death.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #71 on: June 11, 2008, 03:37:00 am »

Just like nobles!

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2008, 03:39:00 am »

Posting in a flaming thread of hot flaming lava fire stuff. Nothing to contribute.

(Oh, and Mount & Blade is excellent. You can download it and play it as a demo before comitting to a purchase. Europa Universalis is another stunning game, well worth it if you like grand strategy at all.)

(Oh-2, Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, Rattyboy.)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2008, 04:09:00 am »

Is everything okay in here?  People shouldn't yell at each other and stuff.  It is probably best if the first reply to a new poster isn't "FUCK that."  I'd like new people to feel like they can hang around, even if there are disagreements on some point or another.  Also, I think it's clear that DF's lack of graphics and other ease-of-use features are detrimental to its overall appeal with a lot of people, but that doesn't make anybody better than anybody else.

I've had an offer to sell DF for $20 on an online site here or there, and a company I hadn't heard of offered to do a front-end, but I haven't been approached by any of the large corporations.  I'm pretty much opposed to anything along those lines, since I'd prefer to keep control of the project, and I assume a publishing contract will generally entail loss of control.  They are the ones assuming the risk on their investment after all.

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 11, 2008, 04:17:00 am »

Try Gas Powered Games. I don't know much, but as far as I do, Chris Taylor the creative director is very reasonable in these terms. The latest game they announced, Demigod, is actually lead by a pair of "lesser" designers in the team, with only mild supervision from Taylor.

Also, the Siege engine is perfect for DF.  :)

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14