Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]

Author Topic: For the 2 Adams  (Read 9986 times)

subject name here

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: For the 2 Adams
« Reply #195 on: June 18, 2008, 07:03:58 am »

SNH, your criticism would hold a bit more weight if you weren't well known as a troll here.

People used to think the world was flat too.

Just because you don't like someone doesn't make what they say any less true, stop furthering the Tigerwolf effect.

Case point: I don't like you, If you were suddenly disemboweled by a rabid neo-con on live TV I would cheer for that psycho. But I'm willing the accept you're right sometimes. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 07:06:41 am by subject name here »

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 18, 2008, 07:17:14 am »

It's got nothing to do with liking you or not.  Most of your posts are garbage, so I don't see why I should pay any more attention to that one.  Then again, you only payed attention to the first part of my post which wasn't even a response to yours, so why am I still bothering.  If you were suddenly disemboweled by a rabid neo-con on live TV I would be horrified and disgusted.  But I guess that just proves what a self righteous prick I am right?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 07:19:49 am by Ioric Kittencuddler »
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

subject name here

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 18, 2008, 07:44:58 am »

It's got nothing to do with liking you or not.
Oh yes it does.

Most of your posts are garbage
If my posts are garbage then yours are an entire landfill of it, whenever someone makes a point you disagree with you just make a condescending remark and ignore them. When they call you out on it you say "NO U!"
so I don't see why I should pay any more attention to that one.
But that's all you do.
 Then again, you only payed attention to the first part of my post which wasn't even a response to yours
Last part actaully, it was the larges most cancerous part of your tumor of a post

so why am I still bothering.
That is something you must look deep within yourself to answer.
If you were suddenly disemboweled by a rabid neo-con on live TV I would be horrified and disgusted.
You really don't understand humor do you? You should write for something awful's front page article!
But I guess that just proves what a self righteous prick I am right?
"NO U!"

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 18, 2008, 09:17:17 am »

I can't tell whether you're seriously trying to argue with me or if you're just pretending to in order to keep me trying to argue back in hopes of getting me to flame you.

Look, umiman clearly states that he doesn't care about whether EA is unethical or not, only that their logo is on some games he's liked.  Emphasis mine.

Ioric: Evidently you don't have a problem with the games then, as I keep telling you I don't care if they're juiced up whores or corporate scum. I already said I don't care about your personal values or ideas on how a business should be run. Just that they do make nice games even if your interpretation of "do" is different from mine, you can't deny the fact that they had their hand in "do"-ing the game. So long as their logo sits there, I couldn't care less how their corporate structure is formed.

Do we have a problem now? There's nothing to discuss if you intentionally misread my statements. Again, so you understand clearly. I don't care if the company is sick and mean. The games are good. Yes? Maybe again, just in case. I don't care if the company sucks. The games are good. That should drill it in. In other words, very, very simple okay: you are preaching to the wrong crowd UNLESS you think the games suck. I said very clearly in that post, "in any case, I enjoyed quite a few EA games." That does not translate to "EA isn't a bad company because they made Dungeon Keeper, Rock Band, and Burnout". It translates to, "anyway, I liked some EA games" or "regardless of anything else, I had fun playing some EA games". Do you fully understand now? Shall I bring out the hammer of knocking-truth-into-brain?

I wonder if that's enough... If you're aiming to have the last word, go for it. Preach all you like about how EA is corporate scum and is the bottom of the barrel. Just don't drag me into it.

He then proceeded to repeat himself several times while making personal attacks.

Your last post was just a collection of personal attacks.  If you're trying to argue something, make an argument, provide evidence.

"If my posts are garbage then yours are an entire landfill of it, whenever someone makes a point you disagree with you just make a condescending remark and ignore them. When they call you out on it you say "NO U!""

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by umiman:
<STRONG>Ioric: You need to calm down. No one is attacking you. You don't have to flail about on your tether.<P>I'm sure if you reread the thread without that mask of burning, crusading fury you have on right now you'll see that:<P>1. That post wasn't addressed to you, but rather Cthulu concerning EA's sports games. He said they were just re-releases of the same thing, and I asked why he can say that. He didn't answer, so I assume the point is moot. That's it.<P>2. I was defending my opinion that I like certain EA games. I was defending them from you who went out of your way to state that EA didn't make the games I like (I have no idea what your motivation for that was). This post is a page back and is addressed to you.<P>3. As for the "where did I get defending against EA making crap games" hoo hah. Just read the thread. It's even on the first page. There's the blatant connection between how people correlate EA with pretty graphics and poor gameplay ergo crap. Even you said it just now. If they keep making similar games and you have a problem with it, why? It can't be because they are all awesome and good or whatever. Obviously you wouldn't have a problem if they made good games even if they were remakes. So... the obvious observation would be...? If you can't see that then this conversation is really over for all reasons and purposes.<P>I still have no idea why you're so hostile since I don't know what you're arguing for. Just that you're arguing against everything I say. And you keep bringing up the EA likes money agenda which I don't care for since, like I said, it's all conjecture and personal beliefs. Someone going around claiming a company is evil or a company is a saint has more similarities with an evangelist running around a mall praising whatever he believes in than a logical debate. Everyone knows how well a religious debate goes, and that's why I don't pursue it. Anything else you want me to clarify?<P><B>TL/DR</B>;
If you just agree that EA doesn't necessarily make crap games, then we'll all be good and dandy. Everything else, I don't care. Does that sound simplistic after all this time? Yes...<P>[ June 13, 2008: Message edited by: umiman ]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I am calm.  I think you need to chill since you're the one who's resorting to personal attacks.<P>Your original post was something along the lines of 'EA isn't a bad company because they made Dungeon Keeper, Rock Band, and Burnout.'  I pointed out that they hadn't made any of those games.  Rock Band was developed Harmonix, the guys who made Guitar Hero 1 and 2, and Published by MTV.  EA was only the distributor.  Burnout 1 and 2 were published by Acclaim.  It was already an established series when EA got a hold of it, and Criterion the developer.  Dungeon Keeper is the only real exception.  It's strange.  Bullfrog worked for EA for years making fairly unique games.  Then one day EA just shut them down for reasons I'm not sure of.  I guess they weren't making a big enough profit.  <P>EA makes a habit of buying up developers just to get ahold of their intellectual properties or just because they are a threat to EA's dominance, then shutting them down.  They constantly engage in unethical anti-competitive behavior like this.  They once laid off an entire dev team just after project completion.<P>They edited their own Wikipedia page to make it reflect on them more favorably, and even downplayed the significance of the founder, Trip Hawkins, who no longer works there.<P>What more do you need me to say?

Wow, talk about ignoring.  I totally didn't do anything but make a condescending remark and then ignore umiman there.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 09:20:31 am by Ioric Kittencuddler »

subject name here

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 18, 2008, 10:14:35 am »

I can't tell whether you're seriously trying to argue with me or if you're just pretending to in order to keep me trying to argue back in hopes of getting me to flame you.

Wow, talk about ignoring.  I totally didn't do anything but make a condescending remark and then ignore umiman there.

Generally when you're trying to prove you aren't arrogant and condescending it's a great idea not to do it in the very same post you deny it in.

Gorjo MacGrymm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 18, 2008, 09:01:22 pm »

THIS THREAD IS TITLED "FOR THE 2 ADAMS", NOT "FOR ALL THE FORUM FLAMERS".

*sigh* why should i even post this..........
"You should stop cutting down all these herr trees, or, MAN is my Queen going to be Aaaaa-aang-Re-ee with you guys!" flipping his hand and batting his eyelashes."
"Oh my god guys, wood, is like, totally murder."

Surma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 19, 2008, 01:16:09 am »

I can _not_ believe someone (2 of them) have written this game.

I have /never/ been so entranced. They have achieved Suspension of Disbelief with this product.  Complete suspension of disbelief.  I am on the verge of an unhealthy all night session but that irritating thing called work is getting in the way. 

Guys, if any game magazine editor ever gets wind of this program you will be quite pleased.  It's only a matter of time before EA or some other big publisher notices your work and promptly dumps cash into your lap along with a producer to polish this off and put it on shelves.  This game could easily be as big as Sim City in terms of sales. 

Why, oh why don't I have lottery winnings to buy artists, coders, and marketing ppl to help you two get this concept onto store shelves. 

This is an extremely commercially viable product.  I can't believe it hasn't been scooped up by a game publisher.

Have you two been approched by publishers yet?

I'm blatantly ignoring the flame war that happened earlier this ... week.

Yeah, it is rather amazing that one person is doing the programming, it seems more like he's found his love interest (or has been possessed by the aspect of one Fey) and is pouring his soul into it. And as for ThreeToe, I doubt that Toady One could make such a convincing story telling device if it weren't for his brother. In fact, if you haven't read some of ThreeToe's stories you're missing something amazing.

I don't know about the suspension of disbelief, that's probably personal to each one of us. But I know that I have been on the all-nighter train before, usually while trying to do something that would be incredibly awesome.

As for the magazine's Toady One HAS been interviewed quite a few times, and Dwarf Fortress itself has been featured or mentioned on several different websites and magazines. (links to which can be found on http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/links.html under "Media/Awards Stuff")

Uhm, what else.. Well I would doubt Toady would sell or even pitch it to any developer or publisher, as to whether Toady's been approached by either, I don't actually know if he's mentioned it.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 19, 2008, 02:48:46 am »

He mentioned in this thread actually that he's been approached by a few groups, but no one big.

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 21, 2008, 01:55:58 am »

Saying you have no faith in humanity is pretty played-out these days.<P>"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

Well mister optimist, I feel the need to point out to you that oceans are, by in large, rather filthy places.  Just swarming with microorganisms and fish waste you know.  You ever hear how sea cucumbers defend themselves?  Not a pretty site, that.

I would also like to point out that all those who have no problems with bourgeoisie scum running about shall be considered enemies of the State and dealt with accordingly!   :P
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 03:06:50 am by Nonanonymous »

subject name here

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 21, 2008, 03:59:17 am »

You're right! I'm going to angst in a corner over why humanity sucks so much while cutting myself right now!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 21, 2008, 04:51:56 am »

<starts singing the internationale>

<passes a first aid kit to SNH>
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 21, 2008, 01:24:53 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]