Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What's your standing to the mod?

I play it
I didn't play it but I'd play it with the new version
I don't play it and I won't play it

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33

Author Topic: ☢☢☢ Fallout mod ☢☢☢ [ 2.0 IS CLOSE YAY ] !!!  (Read 110299 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
☢☢☢ Fallout mod ☢☢☢ [ 2.0 IS CLOSE YAY ] !!!
« on: August 07, 2008, 08:24:45 pm »

☢☢☢

╔════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
Fallout mod brings you the post-apocalyptic feel of the Superior Black Isle's creation.
╚════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

☢☢☢

Download ❶.❺
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=502

Download "ZombieAddon"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Version 1.5 adds raiders and enclave, they are always hostile and will siege you.

☢☢☢

Creatures:
New creatures from fallout. Many standard creatures are removed.
Also all "demons" are renamed to "mutants".

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

☢☢☢

7 Major races:

Vault Dwellers.
Humans who survived in their underground complexes. They have advanced weaponry and mining skills and the new world lies before them to adapt and conquer.
The playable race which takes the place of
dwarves.

Humans.
Humans which survived on surface but were intact by radiation. They live in small cities and use scavenged weapons.
They play the role of *sigh*
humans.

Ghouls.
Mutated surface or vault dwellers which live in wilderness. They became familiar with mutated nature and use any weapons they may find. Mostly friendly, sometimes they wage war against other species. They consume the flesh of their foes.
They play the role of
elves.

Mutants.
FEV-mutated species, sometimes they are governed by a master.
These huge humanoids are extremely strong and tough.
People say that FEV mutation made them unable to breed but the master's army is someway constantly growing despite of that fact.
They play the role of
goblins.

Brotherhood of Steel.
This powerful coalition searches for old technology and tries to save what's left. Do not cross the way of these brave paladins and scholars. They have pride and honor, but they have strength and ability to destroy anything that opposes them.

Enclave.
They have very high technology level and pretend to be the only right government of the wasteland. They want to purge the land from mutants and lower classes to establish a new powerful country. Fear of their sieges.

Raiders.
Organized bandits and scum will try to rape and kill your women, rape and kill your men and steal all your water chips.

☢☢☢

3 minor races.

Robots.
* Mr. Handy, robo-housecleaners and maintance robots due to the long time of idleness had their programs broken and now act like a single society cleaning caves and getting items for their maintance from "outside".
* Floating Eyebots, former security guards, now have nothing to protect and watch for but their programs are still functioning.

These both races play the role of
kobolds.
They are more tough than vanilla kobolds though and use simple tools as weapons.

Cannibals.
Wild humans, they use tribal weapons and armor and believe in magic. They carry totems instead of shields.

☢☢☢

In addition (in a separate addon):
Zombies:
Mindless killing machines, these humans are tainted by strange disease which destroys their minds and bodies and rends them mad.
Beware of their bites. You were warned.

☢☢☢

I may add surface citizens (more civilized than savages).

I need your feedback on my mod, I will add more stuff but for now I want your ideas about major races balance/flavor etc.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 04:18:42 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: .: Fallout mod :. (post-apocalyptic DF) [alpha 0.9]
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 08:31:47 pm »

1) Wasteland world with rivers
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=403
It was included in previous versions of the mod. Now it's replaced with no-rivers versions.

2) Wasteland (No Rivers) world
http://dffd.wimbli.com/submit.php?action=message&fid=414
The same generation parameters but there's almost no rivers.
However while the aquifier is in it's quite possible to get water without underground lakes/rivers.
It is included in 1.0 in different dimensions (from 33x33 to 257x257).

========================================================================

This post is reserved for a map generation info.

I'm not a pro with new worldgen features and I'd like to have best parameters to generate wasteland worlds.
If you could provide some info on this I'd be more grateful.

Current questions/goals:

1)A way to make almost all water to be "saltwater" (polluted). Then screw pipes would work like water cleaning machines with water chips.

2) Real north american map via Angry Lawyer's program.

I will work on these things after a more complete release of the mod.
If you could help me before that it would be great.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 01:48:15 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 08:47:29 pm »

Holy crap.  I think I love you for this. 

Maybe it would be possible to use Angry Lawyers' newest program to create a map for California so the world could be generated where the fallout games took place?  Or maybe DC for Fallout 3?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 08:53:51 pm »

Huh? I will try it!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 09:50:28 pm »

FUCK FIRE GECKOS!!!!

But seriously, great mod! Now we just need someone to make an elder scrolls DF.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 10:40:29 pm »

I would so play this...

If you need help of any kind, let me know.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 10:41:41 pm »

Were we suppose to be able to have axes on start?

We can't currently.  Just wondering if this was a bug, or intended.  Also, I was wondering if the job screen changed for starting dwarf-vault dwellers.  It seems different, but maybe it's just me.

Adding the line: [WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_AXE_BATTLE] to the file entity_default under the line [DIGGER:ITEM_WEAPON_PICK] for the ENTITY:VAULT fixes the problem, if this wasn't intended.

Considering all the custom weapons, it's amazing only one weapon is missing, actually.

Also, since there are three custom swords, and only one basic spear, I was wondering if the Cattle Prod might be reclassified as a spear instead of a sword, especially due to how a Cattle Prod is used to attack and the fact that it's damage is less than the other weapons.

While I'm looking at the raws, it seems that no civilization would actually use the Cattle Prod.  Awh, I wanted to poke somebody.

I noticed shotgun shells do piercing damage.  While that's cool, I wonder what it would be like if they did gore damage instead.

In Legend mode, it seems that vault dwellers own the other civilizations.  I'm not sure why this occurs, but it's kind of funny to watch the vaults expand so rapidly.

Perhaps weapons such as chainguns could be implemented, which have high damage, but weigh so much that only a mutant could use it without sever lose of mobility.  ;D
I'd be glad to design such a weapon if you would like.

By the way, I'm really impressed by the vast array of ranged weapons, it must be a record.  Too bad the ranged weapons can't vary range, speed, and accuracy.  I understand how this has to do with hard-coded limitations.  Considering in the standard game we can only use crossbows for our dwarfs, it's easy to see why Toady hasn't implemented this feature, and probably won't.

mizipzor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008, 02:41:55 am »

Right, so who makes the graphic pack for this?  :o

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2008, 08:42:00 am »

This is a fantastic mod, the ghouls fit the elves part perfectly, right down to the flesh eating.

Also, in worldgen water should be scarce. it is in fallout, i think

mizipzor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2008, 09:51:30 am »

This is a fantastic mod, the ghouls fit the elves part perfectly, right down to the flesh eating.

Its extremely scarce. In fact, the entire point of the first game is to find a sort-of water generating chip (hope Im not spoiling for anyone?).

Lazureus

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfection is Flawed
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2008, 10:03:44 am »

Its extremely scarce. In fact, the entire point of the first game is to find a sort-of water generating chip (hope Im not spoiling for anyone?).

I don't know how it spoils it for you as you are told that in the first few minutes of starting the game.

In this case, water should be a trade commodity(if that is even possible in DF)
Current modding project:Tyranids 2010
Past modding projects:
DF2010: Crematorium
40d: ‼TYRANIDS‼
Quote from: Dark Pegasus
Just when I thought I couldn't despise him any more... He finds a whole new and undiscovered way!!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2008, 10:10:49 am »

That's why I asked about help with world gen settings, now we can make almost any map, I just didn't try new worldgen features yet.

EuchreJack 
Good Idea on cattle prod. I saved them for "farmers and citizens", I will reduce the number of savages and make more advanced surface-dwellers. While brahmnins are used by everyone I'll add rhem to everybody then.

I didn't make most heavy weapons because I didn't saw a way to make them shoot faster. While increased damage and weight sound right.
The only problems is that mutants while being huge still has the same strength settings... Hardcoded.

I couldn't find a way to make shotguns different. Gore damage seems a nice solution for me, you're a pandora's box of ideas.

Which missed weapon do you mean? I think it's an allmighty gauss? How could I forgot it! *slaps his forehead* It was one of my most favourite weapons.

Also I remember that I should add wanamingos too! They are nice species of cave-dwellers. And while in F2 their genetic clocks were "stopped" and the wanamingo mother in the Redding's mines is supposed to be the last, we may allow that some of them survived/it's not that late that their clocks are stopped.

About axes - I don't recall any axes in fallout (which is kinda strange) so I wanted to leave them to savages and give dwellers an ability to cut trees with automatic chainsaws. The ripper, in fact, is a little hand automatic saw. I just forgot to make them into "axe" class. Now there's a question - what's the best name for axemen for vault dwellers? Sawer? Ripper?

Also I'd be the most grateful for different ideas on heavily mutated species.
For now I did a minimum work to turn demons and megabeasts to mutants.
If you can provide some fallout-ish creatures for semi/megabeasts and random encounters it would be great and add more fun in shorter time.

Ah, I remember I wanted to make a centaur, I'll include them in the next release. I thin kI'll make it now and release it today.
The one idea of megabeasts could be a huge centaur.

Now I ask to forgive me for current mutant "masters". They are 'sigh' still those "demons" from df. I will tweak their bodies in this release too.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

I already had nice help from you (mostly from EuchreJack):
ripper -> axe class (sorry that I forgot to do it) and I'll add chainsaws.
shotgun shells -> gore damage
cattle prod -> spear class
chain/miniguns - new huge and damaging weapons
gauss cannon  - how could I forget it?
wanamingos, centaurs
various robots as "cave creatures" (abandoned machines)

This is not the last ver. info =) I will release it today.
I post it now because if you have more ideas I'd like to include them as well.

Also should I add another race of surface dwellers -  townsfolk?
And is it a good idea to make an "abandoned robots" skulking race instead of kobolds?
I find it funny to get small mechanic buggers trying to steal an equipment from your base to repair their old machines.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2008, 10:14:38 am »

I don't know how it spoils it for you as you are told that in the first few minutes of starting the game.

In this case, water should be a trade commodity(if that is even possible in DF)
I forgot to mention =). I replaced most booze plants and others with fallout analogues.
And most of them produce... eh... drugs. I thought that generations of vault-dwellers in future should be someway addicted to certain chems. It would be an inevitable way to stay healthy/strong in underground enviroments of post-nuclear world. So you may consider alchohol dependancy as chem-dependancy.
It's still a bit strange because surface dwellers will sell you nuka-cola and rot gut which will serve as good as drugs... But let's leave it as it is, there're ways to explain it =).

The problem with abundancy of water will be solved when I'll post the right world gen info.

Is there a way to stop rivers from appearing?

About water - read the 2nd post.

Right, so who makes the graphic pack for this?  :o
When I'll release unbugged version without "alpha/beta" prefixes I'll start to work on the graphic pack.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 10:18:40 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Lazureus

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfection is Flawed
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2008, 10:59:54 am »

I forgot to mention =). I replaced most booze plants and others with fallout analogues.
And most of them produce... eh... drugs. I thought that generations of vault-dwellers in future should be someway addicted to certain chems. It would be an inevitable way to stay healthy/strong in underground enviroments of post-nuclear world. So you may consider alchohol dependancy as chem-dependancy.
It's still a bit strange because surface dwellers will sell you nuka-cola and rot gut which will serve as good as drugs... But let's leave it as it is, there're ways to explain it =).

The problem with abundancy of water will be solved when I'll post the right world gen info.

Is there a way to stop rivers from appearing?

About water - read the 2nd post.

oh cool, so you already have buffout, mentats, jet, and psycho in there? sweet!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 11:47:21 am by Lazureus »
Current modding project:Tyranids 2010
Past modding projects:
DF2010: Crematorium
40d: ‼TYRANIDS‼
Quote from: Dark Pegasus
Just when I thought I couldn't despise him any more... He finds a whole new and undiscovered way!!

kein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Dwarf Fortress Wiki page
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2008, 11:36:19 am »

Awesome, I love Fallout.

I've found a wasteland gen using search
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=20638.msg222080#msg222080

If you need something more specific I can modify it for you. I've had a lot of success creating oceanless worlds with many volcanoes on my own.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33