Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What's your standing to the mod?

I play it
I didn't play it but I'd play it with the new version
I don't play it and I won't play it

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33

Author Topic: ☢☢☢ Fallout mod ☢☢☢ [ 2.0 IS CLOSE YAY ] !!!  (Read 110437 times)

Zenatrul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: .: Fallout mod :. (post-apocalyptic DF) [beta 0.96]
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2008, 06:23:14 pm »

Interesting mod,

I've been fooling around and randomly working on a fallout mod since probably January and you definitely have taken a completely different approach than me on alot of the things.

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2008, 06:24:35 pm »

My legendary miner was caught outside during an ambush of mutants. THREE rifle mutants, and 3 wrestlers with an axe wielding leader, he killed 1 wrestler, then the leader then one of the riflemen, while dodging all their bullets, - he broke the morale, and they fled. I am laughing so hard.

only wound - bruised liver.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2008, 08:51:15 pm »

Interesting mod,

I've been fooling around and randomly working on a fallout mod since probably January and you definitely have taken a completely different approach than me on alot of the things.
Different approach? Then your ideas maybe could make the world more full.  If you have something interesting please share =).

I tweaked naming for entites, created an new "tribes" naming for Savages and tweaked world gen parameters.
No more tree-hugging ghouls or earth-addicted vault dwellers.
Also now there're single vaults. No more overexpanding vault dwellers.
I tweaked ethics. For some reason now honorable and war-liking savages usually are owned by ghouls and are left with 1-2 cities in the 100th year.

Also I treated instruments not like musical but mesurement instruments. Quadrants, balances and rules.
Toys are tweaked too. Now there are toy pistols, radios and robo parts. Well, the veiety is still small but I do not focus on that, just changed it for a flavour. If anyone want to make a toymod for Fallout settings it would be cool. Maybe I will take some toys later from the omni-toymod after I fix main things.
Finally I made a custom body for the mutant leader (master).
Also I tweaked images for engravings.
It's going closer to the next viable "release" after I test new scrap piles (badlands trees) and plastics.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 08:54:20 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Zenatrul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2008, 09:09:26 pm »

Well my mod instead of adding the Fallout weapons/items and some of the races/creatures to DF. I am trying to emulate the fallout world in DF, which means stripping the DF items and most of the creatures out and replacing them with Fallout ones. Sadly that makes me have roughly 8+ different races in the world which makes it kinda hard since some will have to be allies with others.

Right now its pretty much adventure mode centric and needs some seriously balancing issues(walking into a desert is pretty much insta death if you meet 1 certain creature).

I'll probably finish it all up pretty soon since the new version is out and allows us to customize the world(main thing holding it back).

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2008, 09:10:52 pm »

OK here goes the tweak. I forgot that I reduced the max pop number of most civs but forgot to do it to ghouls.
Also child 5 leads some civs to zerg hordes while MAXAGE:15:1000 made some civs to die out to old age.
Child:15 and MAXAGE:20:1000 now.
The junk piles/car parts are in. Testing.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2008, 09:11:49 pm »

« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 09:13:25 pm by Zironic »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2008, 09:12:18 pm »

Well my mod instead of adding the Fallout weapons/items and some of the races/creatures to DF. I am trying to emulate the fallout world in DF, which means stripping the DF items and most of the creatures out and replacing them with Fallout ones. Sadly that makes me have roughly 8+ different races in the world which makes it kinda hard since some will have to be allies with others.

Right now its pretty much adventure mode centric and needs some seriously balancing issues(walking into a desert is pretty much insta death if you meet 1 certain creature).

I'll probably finish it all up pretty soon since the new version is out and allows us to customize the world(main thing holding it back).
So what's the general difference in ideas with our mod? If you read the first post there're almost no vanilla items and races and most dangerous/fantasy creatures are replaced with Fallout ones.

Also all world_gen settings/plants changes/creatures changes are aiming for emulating the fallout world.
There's still not too much races to allow some balancing/main problem fixing with the current ones. Later I plan to add city dwellers, enclave, cult and other entities when the current ones are ok flavour- and gameplay-wise. That's why I started this playtesting/idea thread with a beta version, it would be almost impossible to fix/balance everything if I put everything in at once. Too many things to look into =).
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 09:16:05 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Zenatrul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2008, 09:17:21 pm »

I didn't read too much of the first post, I mostly looked through the creature raws and etc. So yeah its similiar now that I look at it, we'll have to see how different they are when I finally finish it.

I first have to figure out a nice reaction for making bullets in dwarf mode, that makes sense but isn't just making old style black powder.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2008, 09:18:19 pm »

http://www.mkv25.net/dfma/poi-6657-ambush

My current vault
You've posted a link for adding a point of interest.
Here's the right link:
http://www.mkv25.net/dfma/map-3325-tradelightnings
So, do you still use that old pre-beta version? Do you see some major problems which are not fixed yet?
I like that you already enjoy it someway at that stage =).

Your vault became a nice and organized fortress. Also what are you trying to do with the magma there?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 09:23:34 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2008, 09:20:37 pm »

I didn't read too much of the first post, I mostly looked through the creature raws and etc. So yeah its similiar now that I look at it, we'll have to see how different they are when I finally finish it.

I first have to figure out a nice reaction for making bullets in dwarf mode, that makes sense but isn't just making old style black powder.
I decided to skip difficult reactions etc. for now, I let them make it at craftsman's workshop. Over-complicated things may break the fun of the gameplay. However there're custom reactions which are not yet in, like creation of different plastics from various material types to make beds/bins in the world where the trees are very scarce.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2008, 09:22:58 pm »

I fixed the poi problem- and it is the upgrade version, I just happened to land on a place with grass, I though it was barren - but it had grass and trees.

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2008, 09:26:17 pm »

Oh and if you need anything added - but don't want to make the raws, just ask me, I'll be glad to help.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2008, 09:47:32 pm »

Also I treated instruments not like musical but mesurement instruments. Quadrants, balances and rules.
Toys are tweaked too. Now there are toy pistols, radios and robo parts. Well, the veiety is still small but I do not focus on that, just changed it for a flavour. If anyone want to make a toymod for the Fallout setting it would be cool.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 10, 2008, 11:57:35 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

here is a few more toys

Milksquid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2008, 01:46:51 am »

Holy mustard! I love this mod. Any chance of changing money to bottle caps? I know nobody really uses coins or whatever, but I think they are fun.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33