Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: tame goblins?  (Read 2233 times)

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
tame goblins?
« on: August 08, 2008, 03:27:43 am »

can goblins be tamed with a change of raws? i would be happy to have an army of wargoblins to deffend my fortress.... ;D or to combat in arenas against other goblins ...
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

mizipzor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Blog
Re: tame goblins?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 04:49:09 am »

Maybe. But from what Ive heard, after an entity has tasted the dwarven blood, they will always attack all dwarves on sight, tamed or not.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 10:02:26 am »

Yep its possible to make them tameable with modding.

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 02:49:01 pm »

You could even buy some on embark, if you set them up right.
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.

Nomadic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2008, 08:00:32 pm »

Maybe. But from what Ive heard, after an entity has tasted the dwarven blood, they will always attack all dwarves on sight, tamed or not.

You could just use cage traps instead of a military then.

Eita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2008, 11:39:55 pm »

What about the ones that have multiple names?

Laghed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2008, 09:49:46 pm »

Can someone explain how to tame goblins?

magikarcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2008, 11:29:12 pm »

Awesome, then when you have a goblin army, the goblins will get a taste of combating their allies. Then you notice that goblin civs fall apart from attacking their entity members. Don't know if that is an accurate idea about goblin vs. goblin combat, though.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2008, 09:12:08 am »

Funny quote from the last time this showed up ;D
I'm pretty sure you can't tame intelligent beings.<P>Oh, and invaders are always hostile, even if you do tame them. I learned that the hard way with some Beak Dogs modded to be tamable.
<P>I´m not always sure if goblins should be classified as intelligent  :D
Goblins are incredibly intelligent by Dwarf Fortress standards.  Unlike our bearded charges, they don't run headlong at dragons, magma, zombie camels, or giant spiders just because there was a shoe next to them.  Goblins happily run away as soon as two or three of their number get killed.<P>In this world, they're veritable geniuses.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2008, 08:23:40 pm »

Seems like your quote boxes are inside-out...

I'm pretty sure you can't tame intelligent beings.<P>Oh, and invaders are always hostile, even if you do tame them. I learned that the hard way with some Beak Dogs modded to be tamable.
<P>I´m not always sure if goblins should be classified as intelligent  :D
Goblins are incredibly intelligent by Dwarf Fortress standards.  Unlike our bearded charges, they don't run headlong at dragons, magma, zombie camels, or giant spiders just because there was a shoe next to them.  Goblins happily run away as soon as two or three of their number get killed.<P>In this world, they're veritable geniuses.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.