Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

Modding out annoyances

(1/1)

Nomadic:
There are a couple things I would like to know how to get rid of. For one I would like to get rid of clothes and armor for invaders and clothes for dwarves (keeping armor). It just is getting ridiculous with me having to keep dwarves stay indoors on all the time (so instead they entrance dance and I lose 1-3 dwarves per ambush). This won't solve it of course because I have a creature die on the map I am on every couple seconds (and I can't turn off the corpses and bones for refuse piles obviously).

Anyhow the whole point is that modding out clothing and armor will decrease the number of items causing them to do this (making it a little easier to manage).

Golgath:
What you'll want to do is go into the entity_default file and delete all the clothing entries under all the civs you wish to send into the nude.  In this case, the goblins and dwarves.  Don't just go deleting everything though, make sure you're just taking out clothing.  Problem is, with entity modifications like this, you'll have to start a new game.  Or you could modify all the clothing materials to evaporate at room temperature or something, but I don't know all that much about that.

Nomadic:
Thanks I will give it a try. :)

i2amroy:

--- Quote from: Golgath on August 10, 2008, 04:03:19 am ---What you'll want to do is go into the entity_default file and delete all the clothing entries under all the civs you wish to send into the nude.  In this case, the goblins and dwarves.  Don't just go deleting everything though, make sure you're just taking out clothing.  Problem is, with entity modifications like this, you'll have to start a new game.  Or you could modify all the clothing materials to evaporate at room temperature or something, but I don't know all that much about that.

--- End quote ---

Also delete the [CLOTHING] and [SUBTERRANEAN_CLOTHING] tags in the entity file.

P.S. you do not need to create a new world, just delete the object files in the data/objects file. However, this will only work some of the times as they do not tend to have their clothes just vanish. You only need to create a new world when you have added or removed something entirely, not just edited it. The exception to this is the init files.

Deon:
I'm pretty sure that items avaliable for civs are generated during the world gen only (uniforms). So this change needs a new world then.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version