Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Questions about supports  (Read 502 times)

tvsian

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Questions about supports
« on: August 20, 2006, 08:41:00 am »

Just two quick questions about supports.

I had one queued up to be built, but for whatever reason it got suspended.  How do I get building resumed?  In the case of a workshop or something I'd be able to use the q menu to resume it but supports don't have that option, the focus just goes to the nearest room or door.  So I'm stuck with an unbuilt pillar in my fortress, and the suspended job on my job screen.

And second - any way to remove a support that's been built already?  Again, can't find any way to interact with a pillar.

Stromko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Questions about supports
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 09:01:00 am »

Certain objects require a different function to manipulate them, some use k (examine) or t (contents). Experiment around with functions other than Q. I know I've ordered columns destroyed, so I know there's a function that allows them to be manipulated; I can't off the top of my head remember a case where I've tried to change settings on a column that wasn't built yet, but it should in theory work too.

Can't check to be sure right now, promised myself I'd sleep before I played DF again.  :)

JT

• Bay Watcher
  • Explosively Canadian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jtgibson.ca/df/
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 09:59:00 am »

It's the [t] function. =)
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" --George Carlin

tvsian

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2006, 10:13:00 am »

Cool, I tried the k, but not the t.  Now the hard part is waiting the 7 hours until I'm home from work so I can play again...