Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Multiple [DEEP] ores *Potential Spoilers*  (Read 1682 times)

muwahahaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Multiple [DEEP] ores *Potential Spoilers*
« on: August 12, 2008, 01:15:47 am »

Hey all,

I've just been wondering how to spice up my forts a bit and I came upoon the idea of making adamantine non [DEEP]. Works great, only now I can buy adamantine items on embark and I'm stuck being FORCED to take an adamantine war axe instead of steel, which sort of ruins the fun of prospecting for it.

Now, I've set adamantine back to being [DEEP] but I've also made a few other ores/metals which are just as/more valuable than adamantine and I've been wondering:

- Will the game accept more than one [DEEP] metal

- Will each pit only be accompanied by a single type of [DEEP] metal or will they all be present.

- Finally, is it possible to make it so as if I want adamantine to be non [DEEP], I won't be able to order it from liasons or take it on embark?

Thanks in advance.

Cavalcadeofcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple [DEEP] ores *Potential Spoilers*
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 11:21:20 am »

- Yes.

- Pits are lined with [DEEP] stone, not [DEEP] metal. The two are separate.

- Yes. Keep the metal deep, but remove the tag from the stone. Not sure what this'll do for you, though; adamantine will never appear (unless you add more layers for the adamantine stone entry), and the game will probably crash on world generation/embarking on HFS unless you've added another [DEEP] stone.

Exponent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 05:16:07 pm »

I modded in multiple types of adamantine (quality of the ore, basically), and unfortunately, the game picked just a single one of these for any given instance of a pit.  So I got either all high quality adamantine ore, or all medium quality, and so on.  If you have different types of deep ore (that were meant to be different types, not just different qualities), it probably wouldn't feel as strange, though.

muwahahaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 10:32:22 pm »

Thanks for the help guys, appreciate it.

What I've chosen to do is to duplicate Adamantine ore (with a different name, naturally), made one [DEEP], and made the metal (which both forms make) [DEEP] as well.

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 03:31:06 am »

Make a metal that once forged with adaman, makes a 1000 percent modifier metal, however it also can make explosive rocks!

magikarcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 12:38:46 am »

Make a metal that once forged with adaman, makes a 1000 percent modifier metal, however it also can make explosive rocks!

Pardon my ignorance, but how do rocks 'explode'?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2008, 02:42:44 am »

Just set their boiling/ignite point below the cave temp. As soon as the miner mines them out he gets a nice fiery death.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2008, 09:03:28 am »

Just set their boiling/ignite point below the cave temp. As soon as the miner mines them out he gets a nice fiery death.

Not in my game, in my game I always end up getting the message that Urist McMinerman has frozen to death. Though for that I do have my stones set to boil at one degree dwarf fortress temperature.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.