Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: New release donation pool  (Read 6031 times)

Kylaer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New release donation pool
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2007, 09:45:00 pm »

I'm in for 104 dollars. Not an even 100, because Paypal takes their cut; I want Toady to get 100.

This'll be my fifth donation. All of you people who won't even donate $10, shame on you. That's the price of a movie, and Dwarf Fortress is far more entertaining than any two-hour flick.

Edit: Kids are exempt from this, of course.

[ September 21, 2007: Message edited by: Kylaer ]

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2007, 10:11:00 pm »

Mark me down for $30, although I have to confirm my new account with Paypal, so it might be a little late if it's released before that happens.

Toady, feel free to milk this as needed by "testing" for a (slightly) extended period. xD
*ducks flaming vegetables*

Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

sideburns17

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2007, 10:26:00 pm »

$26.03 ($25 even after PayPal) from me now, $26.03 after I see the goods.

No funny business, or no one comes out of here alive.

Felix the Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2007, 10:47:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Kylaer:
<STRONG>I'm in for 104 dollars. Not an even 100, because Paypal takes their cut; I want Toady to get 100.

This'll be my fifth donation. All of you people who won't even donate $10, shame on you. That's the price of a movie, and Dwarf Fortress is far more entertaining than any two-hour flick.

Edit: Kids are exempt from this, of course.

[ September 21, 2007: Message edited by: Kylaer ]</STRONG>

I don't think chastising people for choosing not to donate was the purpose of this thread.

Some people legitimately cannot donate; some people simply choose not to for reasons of their own; some people don't like to pay for what they can get for free.

There's a reason it's called a "donation" - it's given voluntarily, not out of shame or popular demand.

----------

That said, I've changed my mind. I'm not donating $30.

Instead I will match any donations given. I'll give 6 cents for every dollar that is pledged before the release comes out. That comes out to $34.14 at this point. For purposes of calculating I'll add $30 to account for my prior pledge. That's one dollar for every $16.70 pledged.

In other words, I'll be covering the paypal fee + 2% more.

I know we're all used to wealthy corporations matching $1 for $1 in pledge drives, but I'm a student with $75,000 in student loans paying for college, not a rich business.   :)

Fourth Triad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2007, 11:54:00 pm »

I'll pledge an additional $50 on top my usual $50 a month.

Tamren

• Bay Watcher
  • Two dreams away
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2007, 01:30:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Felix the Cat:
<STRONG>Some people legitimately cannot donate; some people simply choose not to for reasons of their own; some people don't like to pay for what they can get for free.</STRONG>

Dead on.

Id love to donate cash but to give you an idea of how my finances are, for one I am recovering from 8 years of severe asthma, with all the costs associated with that. I also have a fatal allergy to peanuts which means that i need to buy an emergency epinephrine injector about once a year. Dings me for over 60$ anually and i can not do without it.

Not meant as a guilt trip or anything but it does all add up! For mostly those reasons all my gifts tend to be hand-made. Toady wont be able to eat it but hopefully it will make him happy  :)

Speaking of which, Toady would you happen to need a wallet chain?  :D

Fear not the insane man. For who are you to say he does not percieve the true reality?

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2007, 05:15:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by DDouble:
<STRONG>I'll commit to $40. I've saved much more than that by pirating games that I didn't really like.</STRONG>

LMAO
 :D   :eek:

Salkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2007, 05:49:00 am »

I'll give $50.
alkin, Unix Geek<BR>Salkin has been fine lately. He has complained of the lack of time lately. He admired a fine apple cider lately. He was irritated by the sun lately.<BR>He has been satisfied at work lately. He ate a truly decadent dish lately.<BR>Salki

DragonHealer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2007, 12:01:00 pm »

Been following the game for half a year now, and never in my fifteen years of gaming have I been addicted to a game like Dwarf Fortress.
I will definitely donate at least 25$   :)

Phazon77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2007, 01:18:00 pm »

The numbers turn out fairly impressive when you add them all together, I must say. Strength in numbers, indeed.

Felix the Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2007, 04:30:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Tamren:
<STRONG>fatal allergy to peanuts</STRONG>

Wow, that really sucks.

At least you're not missing anything tasty.

I'm allergic to beef.

Athmos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2007, 05:11:00 pm »

40 euros from me. don't know how much $ that is (more than 50 i think), but i suppose toady'll profit from the current change rate  :)

Athmos

Spelguru

• Bay Watcher
  • Rabid Swedish Person
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2007, 07:31:00 pm »

Mark me down for 25$ + whatever paypal wants to make it an even 25$ for the Great Toad.

Nothing earth-shattering. Just some money   :)

EDIT: I'm all for some sort of shared reward for the entire release donation pool instead of overworking toady with dozens n dozens of seperate ascii art rewards. Think of the toady: choose shared!

[ October 02, 2007: Message edited by: Spelguru ]

Got Ninja?
Orkz Orkz Orkz Orkz, Orkz Orkz Orkz Orkz... WAAAAAGH!
NHP (Non human pact. Copy and paste if you are going to destroy all human-like creatures in spore.)

Cyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2007, 07:27:00 am »

I'll probably donate ~15$. I'd like to give more for the awesome release it's going to be but I'm 14 and that's just a part of my pocket money.

(First post, by the way. I subscribed to add some dollars here.)

Jaqie Fox

• Bay Watcher
  • Genuine Girl Techie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2007, 01:14:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Kylaer:
All of you people who won't even donate $10, shame on you.

Shame on *YOU* for assuming everyone is in the financial position to donate.  First, I can't even afford all the medicine needed to keep me alive, let alone good lodgings. Second, if I don't come up with $400 somehow by the end of the week for deposit on a new place, I'll be in a shelter *again*.  I hate being on disability and unable to work, but what I hate even more then that is people who assume everyone is in the financial position to just drop $20 on a whim.  $20 is my food budget for half a month, mister.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11