Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: New release donation pool  (Read 6062 times)

sinoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://sinoth.net
New release donation pool
« on: September 21, 2007, 07:50:00 am »

Current total:  $2239.01

* sinoth - $50
* Shades - $50
* uberubert - $10
* Greiger - $50
* ricemastah - $50
* Fieari - $10
* PTTG? - $50
* Funkadelic Jive Turkey - $30
* Phazon77 - $20
* Grue - $10
* termitehead - $25
* Arven - $40
* Felix the Cat - $30
* DDouble - $40
* Nukeitall - $20
* ravensword227 - $50
* Kylaer - $156
* Eagleon - $30
* sideburns17 - $52.06
* Felix the Cat - [paying paypal fee + 2%]
* Fourth Triad - $50
* Salkin - $50
* DragonHealer - $25
* Athmos - $56.30
* Spelguru - $26.04
* Cyx - $15
* kitsu - $50
* McMoop - $20
* Aargh  - $28.15
* Sludge Man - $25
* MacGyversMullet - $10
* Minuteman - $10
* Turgid Bolk - $100
* zorbathut - $10
* Bagpuss - $100
* Faces of Mu - $40
* darkwarriorva - $50
* Grey Hunter - $30
* Mu. - $10
* ChubbyPitbull - $100
* cibbuano - $20
* Klooniveli - $70.46
* Jikor - $10
* Snogmonkey - $60
* Zhentar - $50
* Harald387 - $40
* omalley - $50
* Zemat - $10
* MindSnap - $20
* FFT - $50

I propose that when the new version comes out, we throw money at Toady with reckless abandon.  I know many of you have probably been doing this already in anticipation of the release, but for those who haven't.. how many times can you remember an amazing (free) game being enhanced to the point of adding ANOTHER DIMENSION (for free)?!

Probably preaching to the choir here, but I really think Toady should be rewarded for following through with this massive update in a very timely manner.  Positive reinforcement 4tw!

I'll start by seeding the pool at $50.  Please don't add to the pool unless you actually plan to follow through upon release.

[ October 02, 2007: Message edited by: sinoth ]

[ October 28, 2007: Message edited by: sinoth ]

[i do not regret]

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
Re: New release donation pool
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 08:00:00 am »

As a poor college student I'm holding out for the 4th dimension or at least some extraplanar funtimes.   But if I had the means, I would very much donate 50 dollars.   It is choice.

Donation Fun facts:

1.  Toady left his job as a math professor to work full time on DF for your entertainment.

2.  The average human needs about 2000 calories to survive, daily.   Toady is above average.

3.  The electroplating process used to coat the zinc in pennies with copper imparts unto them about 1 calorie.

4. If Toady were an average human, he would need to ingest 20 dollars worth of pennies a day to survive.   Toady is far above average.

5. Toady, being a professor, probably uses his pennies to buy things like food and beer and rent.   Maybe books and video games or matchbooks or something, too.   These all have varying degrees of calories, and variety is the spice of life.

6.  Without your donations, Toady would have to scour alleys and couches for pennies, detracting time away from coding.

So please, folks, send gobs of cash to Toady.

[ September 21, 2007: Message edited by: Capntastic ]

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 08:16:00 am »

I will donate also. How can I send money if I dont have paypal btw?

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 08:19:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Tormy:
<STRONG>I will donate also. How can I send money if I dont have paypal btw?</STRONG>

You can post cheques  :) http://www.bay12games.com/support.html

hmm add me down for $50 too sinoth although I might just donate tonight instead (pay day :P)

Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Redd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 08:33:00 am »

Toady should put one copy of a pre-release build for auction on ebay RIGHT NOW, then see how much people are willing to bid to get in early and whether the winner is an ass who keeps it to themselves, or shares it with their clique, or with everyone.  I'm sure it'd blow up and make a nice little 'donation' for the Toad, 'cos you don't need to be a charitable type to put money into it.  Co-operatives could try to take it from the rich megalomaniac types and vice versa.  All he'd be effectively be selling is prestige and power seeing as it's due for an imminent release anyway, but that's currency in itself and I know peeps would go for it just to piss others off.

Commence the whining...

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 08:39:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Shades:
<STRONG>

You can post cheques    :) http://www.bay12games.com/support.html

hmm add me down for $50 too sinoth although I might just donate tonight instead (pay day :P)</STRONG>

Ah, better. I dont like paypal. Cheque sounds good.
  :)

[ September 21, 2007: Message edited by: Tormy ]

uberubert

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 08:55:00 am »

I'm a student, with a terribly bad economy.. So forgive my humble addition of only 10$ (might be a few cents off since i'm paying in NOK(norwegian kroner)) to the pool. It might have been 20$ if I didnt get a stupid parking ticket the other day... (no I'm not rich, i'm trying to sell off my car to get rid of half of my car-loan... grr.. stupid worthless car.. grr, stupid loan...)

I'm a debt-victim, and EVEN I manage to spare 10$ to contribute to Toady!   :)

So put me down for a measly 10$, and I WILL pay them as soon as the new version comes out, or maybe even before   :)

ps: yeah, I'm a programmer.. I use double paratheses whenever I see fit.. (like this(sort of)) ;D

edit: Payed it  :) I'm still alive  :)

[ September 22, 2007: Message edited by: uberubert ]

Uberubert cancels forum post: Interrupted by Dwarf Fortress

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2007, 09:58:00 am »

I donated again(again...again) last week, and get paid every two weeks, so I'll probably donate my usual amount of $25 come next Thursday-Friday.  Barring loss of job, or car repairs obviously.

[DRAMA]Oh the money I wasted on things like Shining Tears, Bully, and Doom 3(computer runs it at 4fps) back when I had a well paying job!  It could've gone to a better cause!  I'm sorry Toady, If only I discovered you sooner![/DRAMA]

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

DrJonez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2007, 10:37:00 am »

I absolutely plan to donate sometime in the future, and I'd put money towards this pool, but money is kinda tight for me right now  :)

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2007, 10:42:00 am »

50$ right just now! I finally donated, and I'm a poor-ass college student, working at minimum wage. I have bills to pay, like gas, food, and insurance. But for me this game is more then worth it. Thank you Toady for developing such an amazing game! I suggest you guys ALL donate at least a little something.

Fieari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2007, 11:31:00 am »

I'm a very poor college student, but I may be able to scrounge up $10.  Not much, but...

PTTG?

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://2funnyguys.com
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2007, 11:36:00 am »

I think the total is now $350, including mine.
WAANT MOAR DONATANS!

Edit: to make that clear: That's $50 from me.

[ September 21, 2007: Message edited by: PTTG? ]

.@..**@.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2007, 11:46:00 am »

Keep those pennies flowing, folks!   Each drip of zinc and copper fuels Toady!
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2007, 11:47:00 am »

I made a suicide pact with myself to donate a min. of $30 shortly after the new version comes out. (Donate OR Die, not THEN - it's a great why to motivate yourself if you can take yourself seriously.)

Phazon77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2007, 12:08:00 pm »

I plan on donating $20. I plan on giving toady a total of $60 (the price of a new release game in Canada) over the course of development, and I already donated $20 when I knew that I was hopelessly addicted to the game (a few months back).
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11