Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74]

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress 2  (Read 66402 times)

Veroule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress 2
« Reply #1095 on: January 25, 2008, 05:06:00 pm »

I think it is really funny that Toady was working on the Army Arc.  He needed to produce some cause for armies to move about during world generation, and so religion was born.  It seems very apt to my way of thinking.
"Please, spare us additional torture; and just euthanise yourselves."
Delivered by Tim Curry of Clue as a parody of the lead ass from American Idol in the show Psych.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: January 25, 2008, 10:50:00 pm »

I second the signposts(wait this isn't suggestions thread...)  Finding a weapon shop is just as hard as finding a cave.  At least with a town you would have signs and people who can point ya in the right direction.  The cave makes sense for you to just receive a general location.

Any who keep up the good work Toady!  I can't wait til I can make my civ worship in a temple with a constant bonfire going on in the middle!  (And to piss off the locals and position myself so they walk through it on their way to murder me.)

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #1097 on: January 25, 2008, 11:04:00 pm »

Roads between buildings is Bloat 293.  I didn't want to do signs until I get to writing.  The minimap is actually easier, and applies to caves (although I like in a sense the way it works now, it's too frustrating without more landmarks), and I'm halfway through it.  I don't know if I'll get to asking directions.  I haven't released for a while, so I've started putting things off.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74]