Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Immobile creatures moving? need help.  (Read 2760 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Immobile creatures moving? need help.
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2008, 02:36:35 pm »

Code: [Select]
[BODY:PLANT]
[BP:ROOTS:roots][UPPERBODY][STANCE]
[BP:STEM:stem][CON:ROOTS][LOWERBODY]
[BP:RLEAF:right leaf][CON:STEM][liMB][RIGHT]
[BP:LLEAF:left leaf][CON:STEM][liMB][LEFT]
[BP:FHD:flower head][CON:STEM][HEAD]
[BP:MAW:maw][CON:FHD][MOUTH][EMBEDDED][APERTURE][SMELL]
I am still confused with the ability of your creatures to move... It's very strange.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2008, 08:26:23 pm »

I think it has something to do with you using them as pets. I bet wild ones wouldn't walk around. The fortress mode probably messes with the movement AI.

Also Deon, why are the roots upperbody and the stem lowerbody? houldn't it be the other way around?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 08:28:08 pm by Neoskel »
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.

Lazureus

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfection is Flawed
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2008, 01:11:54 am »

I think it has something to do with you using them as pets. I bet wild ones wouldn't walk around. The fortress mode probably messes with the movement AI.

Also Deon, why are the roots upperbody and the stem lowerbody? houldn't it be the other way around?

Hmm, I think your right on that, I'll have to find one in adventure mode to make sure, I was wanting to fill a pit with them and start dropping unsuspecting Goblins into it.
Current modding project:Tyranids 2010
Past modding projects:
DF2010: Crematorium
40d: ‼TYRANIDS‼
Quote from: Dark Pegasus
Just when I thought I couldn't despise him any more... He finds a whole new and undiscovered way!!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2008, 02:00:53 am »

That's pretty easy.
If you bash the creature in lowerbody it vomits. I don't think that if you bashed a plant in roots it should vomit. But if you crashed it's meaty stem full of digested food it can do it.
Also the "lowerbody flies in a bloody arc" suits for stem more than for roots (the stem flies in a bloody arc > the roots flies in a bloody arc). See? :)
I could put the lb and ub together, but I want a critical chopping the stem off to be avaliable.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 02:03:35 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Lazureus

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfection is Flawed
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2008, 07:46:56 am »

That's pretty easy.
If you bash the creature in lowerbody it vomits. I don't think that if you bashed a plant in roots it should vomit. But if you crashed it's meaty stem full of digested food it can do it.
Also the "lowerbody flies in a bloody arc" suits for stem more than for roots (the stem flies in a bloody arc > the roots flies in a bloody arc). See? :)
I could put the lb and ub together, but I want a critical chopping the stem off to be avaliable.

It makes a lot of sense, though thats why I made a two part stalk/stem so that could happen, but I do like your logic, cause the roots are still a vital system, especially since you have only one on your plant.
Current modding project:Tyranids 2010
Past modding projects:
DF2010: Crematorium
40d: ‼TYRANIDS‼
Quote from: Dark Pegasus
Just when I thought I couldn't despise him any more... He finds a whole new and undiscovered way!!
Pages: 1 [2]