Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ignore this for the time being  (Read 642 times)

Owie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ignore this for the time being
« on: August 15, 2008, 03:28:23 pm »

Just thought I'd get some opinions on some creatures I cobbled together today. No bumps in the error log, but that doesn't catch everything.
Spoiler: Creatures (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Body (click to show/hide)

So? Broken? Any unnecessary or old tags? Overpowered? Underpowered? Contradictory?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 09:53:52 am by Owie »
Yaha!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Posted for Review: Beetle mod
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 04:21:08 pm »

Your body definition doesn't have a [HEAD] or [LOWERBODY], as would be expected and necessary.

[HASSHELL] is useless for non-vermin.  If you want to see beetle hides turning up, you'll have to remove [NOSKIN] and add [CHITIN].  I would think an insect would have [NOBONES] too, but that's your choice.  Speed is ridiculously slow (remember that higher raw values mean lower game speed) - if you want it to be fast, somewhere around 700-800 would be like elves.

Can't see any other serious issues.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Owie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 09:38:41 pm »

Thanks. The low speed value was intentional. I was going to make it into a lumbering megabeast, then I forgot about it. I'll adjust both so they fit. As for NOSKIN, I don't want to have beetle leather. Maybe a shell, like a turtle. Not sure how to do that, though.

I'm planning on making a few more. Maybe enough to release an actual creature pack, if there's any interest.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 09:40:25 pm by Owie »
Yaha!

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 09:48:33 pm »

I believe NOT_FREEZING encompasses ANY_TROPICAL and ANY TROPICAL encompasses MARSH_TROPICAL_SALTWATER, so you really only need the [BIOME:NOT_FREEZING] unless you wanted it to be more specific.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!