Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven hobby's  (Read 2618 times)

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
Dwarven hobby's
« on: August 17, 2008, 03:05:43 pm »

I just made a new nanofortress to make trade and tranquille life for them. but after i a found a really dwarfy hobby for my dwarfes:
there were roaming many [animal]man in the map becouse i use a modpacks option wich make them, they are more dangereuse and not temable. so i just caucgth them, but their stockpill around a cage and i try to put them in the middle cage (for later arena use) so some numbers:
2 page alredy captured
4 named (from wich 3 in the cage)
8 dwarfs lost for this hobby(the bigger rampage was a wollen mamutman how killed 3 or 4 and he was so strong that he go througth 3 stonfall cage)

considered that i don't have a strong military all i can make is cage traps at the exit of the caging zone but it is funny. i think my dwarfs likes it ... they civilisation worships a hydra more then their gods so it must be their hobby to mass with dangereux animals

so anyone a comment on this or other dwarfish hobbys to post?
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

unobtaniumman

• Bay Watcher
  • Stop squashing Mr. Saturn!
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven hobby's
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 06:47:08 pm »

You are thinking of a zoo- a great alternative to sculpture gardens.

Also, do you come from a non-english speaking country, or have a keyboard with small buttons?
Time Kitten: Brown oceans are typically blotched with red for no apparent reason. I say asthetics.

EvilCheerio

• Bay Watcher
  • Whats Candlejack doing h
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 09:44:52 pm »

Also, do you come from a non-english speaking country, or have a keyboard with small buttons?

Ya that's what i as thinking.

More importantly,what exactaly was their "hobby"?
Delicious wine biscuits
 A real dwarf can survive on meals consisting of Wine, beer, and more wine.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 01:17:10 am »

You are thinking of a zoo- a great alternative to sculpture gardens.

i think i will make a more bloody type of entertainment.
and for my english yes it is bed i know ... but all these indoeuropean languages are so similare they confuse me always, so i write quite bed (and my disgraphe not helps neither)...
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

unobtaniumman

• Bay Watcher
  • Stop squashing Mr. Saturn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 02:52:47 pm »

Honestly, it's okay if you do not understand English- it is one of the most poorly designed, jury-rigged together with bubble gum and wire languages around.

Also, I tried to learn Spanish once, I know how you feel. I'll show you where I'll shove your pronouns
Time Kitten: Brown oceans are typically blotched with red for no apparent reason. I say asthetics.

Awayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Bork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 02:57:22 pm »

I took a course on the history of the english language last year at uni. The professor described english as "the schizophrenic language."

That'w shwat happens when your language is 28% latin, 28% french, 28% german(ic) and 16% everything else.
--There: Indicates location or state of being.
"The ale barrel is over there. There is a dwarf in it."
--Their: Indicates possession.
"Their beer has a dwarf in it. It must taste terrible.
--They're: A contraction of the words "they are".
"They're going to pull the dwarf out of the barrel."

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 03:26:27 pm »

Honestly, it's okay if you do not understand English- it is one of the most poorly designed, jury-rigged together with bubble gum and wire languages around.

Also, I tried to learn Spanish once, I know how you feel. I'll show you where I'll shove your pronouns
Hah..If you think english is poorly designed look at finnish..Im trying to learn it right now. Hehehe...Minun kissat on pannukakku-kello.
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

loser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 03:58:35 pm »

I don't recall whose this was, but it wasn't mine.

English doesn't 'borrow' words from other languages.  English follows strange languages into dark alleys, hits them over the head, and rummages through their pockets for new vocabulary.
ΘπÆ┼
What are you doing in my home?
It's a difficult question to answer.

Doppel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2008, 05:08:18 pm »

What about dutch, it changes rules about once a year, atleast. lol
Doppel has been ecstatic lately. He took joy in playing DF lately. He slept on a rough cave keyboard recently.
He is a member of the Dwarf Fortress Forums.
Doppel likes the color Dark Blue, cats for their aloofness and girls for their silky soft brea beards.
He appreciates art and natural beauty.

RyanW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2008, 08:40:46 pm »

There's a quote, I may be misremembering it, but it goes something like:  English doesn't borrow words, it corners other languages in dark alleys and beats them up for loose vocabulary.
You went the wrong way Old King Urist