Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Creating cave-ins  (Read 1570 times)

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Creating cave-ins
« on: August 18, 2008, 05:38:29 am »

I've somehow dug out my reservoir wrongly and flooded the levers to my floodgates. I want to try to cave-in a section of the map, to block the flow of water from the river into my reservoir. Problem is, I've cut everything around and under this piece of tile and it still won't collapse. It just floats there. The tile is a dirt tile though, does it work on non-rock?
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
Re: Creating cave-ins
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 05:43:47 am »

it shouldn't be connected from upwards neither ... however it wont solve your flood problem becous rock's wich fall from cave-in wont block flow they are in a mined out form after the colision
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

tp12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 06:27:56 am »

it shouldn't be connected from upwards neither ... however it wont solve your flood problem becous rock's wich fall from cave-in wont block flow they are in a mined out form after the colision
thell shrink a bit... but not all of them wil be mined out.
Untill recently, before stocks ran out, it rained cats and dogs in my fortress...

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 01:10:35 am »

It isn't connected to the top either! Hmm.. so any way to block a water flow in a tile below, without pumping it out? If I could divert it, I could probably get a dwarf to toss a floodgate there, but I'm not going to dig out a huge river-diverting channel just to do that :P
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.