Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Azer Fortress now released!  (Read 1162 times)

Teldin

• Bay Watcher
  • Canadian Bacon
    • View Profile
Azer Fortress now released!
« on: August 16, 2008, 06:18:47 pm »

I stopped working on this mod a bit ago, felt that I should release it anyway since it's playable.

It is made for version 39d, though, so if you want to convert it to 39f or more recent you will have to do so yourself. You should be able to update simply by copying over init.txt and the dwarfort.exe file.

This package comes with 39d included and is ready to play as soon as you unzip it somewhere.

I would suggest not messing with the world_gen options as it's optimized already for the mod. Feel free to do so if you want, though.

Bear in mind this version comes "as-is" and I haven't tested it in quite some time; if you find any bugs feel free to add them here and I'll tinker with it.

http://teldin.wikispaces.com/space/showimage/Azer+Fortress.zip

Anyway, the details:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You will like this mod if:
* You want something different.
* You don't want to bother with tedious things like making 200 beds.
* You don't want to scramble for lumber.
* You want to see how it's possible to have a viable high-temperature hell world without breaking stuff.

Enjoy!

magikarcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Azer Fortress now released!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 02:21:56 am »

Awesome! I haven't downloaded it, but here is a suggestion... Allow for the 'Azer' to toss fireballs. This may sound dumb, but does metal melt in this realm?

Teldin

• Bay Watcher
  • Canadian Bacon
    • View Profile
Re: Azer Fortress now released!
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 04:01:38 am »

Awesome! I haven't downloaded it, but here is a suggestion... Allow for the 'Azer' to toss fireballs. This may sound dumb, but does metal melt in this realm?

Only in magma, and only certain varieties. Things on the surface will have a higher tendency to abruptly burst into flames. I actually did have the azers able to breathe flames for a while, but it was far too overpowered and most creatures that hassle you are immune to flame anyway. It's also a real processor-killer when you have 40 azer swordsmen rushing out and immediately barfing flames onto things that aren't affected by it.

Oh yes: and beware the pyrocarp.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 04:03:09 am by Teldin »