Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Halo 3 or DF 3d?  (Read 1641 times)

Slanted

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Halo 3 or DF 3d?
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2007, 04:45:00 pm »

I've never actually enjoyed the Halo series. There were a couple times that got close, but they were soon replaced with mediocre hallway gunfight after mediocre hallway gunfight.I stopped playing the first one after the Library level that was an hour and a half of the same hallway filled with zombies again and again.

DF, on the other hand, has never left me unsatisfied. 3D can only add to the enjoyment of watching a goblin explode into a limbless torso after walking into a fifty-weapon trap.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2007, 04:58:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Bien:
<STRONG>I like Halo (and I'm planning to get Halo 2) and DF, so maybe I could introduce Halo to DF and make a Halo ASCII mod.</STRONG>

Wait till the next version, mod in firearms and grenades, and rename the sheriff to Master Chief.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Thallone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2007, 09:28:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Sheogorath:
<STRONG>Hmmm.... Puppies, or Kittens... Puppies or Kittens? I can't decide!</STRONG>

Kittens. When the puppies grow up they can be trained as war dogs. The kittens make a fine stew.

Bien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2007, 04:37:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Sean Mirrsen:
<STRONG>
Wait till the next version, mod in firearms and grenades, and rename the sheriff to Master Chief.</STRONG>

Nah, I could mod in a race called The Spartan Twos and mod some modified crossbows in, make a race called the hunters and etc.

Bien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2007, 04:43:00 am »

I like Halo because of the storyline, what if the Prophets weren't there? What if the war between the Covenant and the Humans hadn't started? What if the Prophets didn't tell lies, what if the Spartan II program wasn't created? Also the physics engine is nice. Also because it's moddable. I like DF because it is realistic (in terms of battle damage).

Bien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2007, 04:47:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Pizzasgood:
<STRONG>B:  Never touched story mode
</STRONG>

Story mode is cooler than Multi-player.

mickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2007, 11:53:00 am »

I was disapointed in the storyline in Halo 1. Or rather, the lack of one. You pretty much ran in a straight line and killed stuff. Sure, it was pretty, but...
I>What happens in Nefekvucar stays in Nefekvucar.

Necro

• Bay Watcher
  • ...trunk with her iron battlaxe, bruising the fat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2007, 02:29:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Sean Mirrsen:
<STRONG>
Wait till the next version, mod in firearms and grenades, and rename the sheriff to Master Chief.</STRONG>

Master Chief, Spartan cancels attack grunt: dangerous terrain

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2007, 03:15:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Slartibartfast:
<STRONG>
Final Fantasy is fun.

Also, DF is fun and Halo isn't.</STRONG>

To me, Final Fantasy is fun as long as you play the single-digits. I loved each and every one of 1-9, but I've only played about two hours' worth of X despite it sitting right next to my PS2 in the living room, and I stopped playing a one-month demo of FFXI that a friend gave me, barely two weeks into it. Because I wasn't having fun. If I want to play a Final Fantasy, I'll stick with the classic ones and remakes thereof (eg. Final Fantasy VI Advance or Final Fantasy III DS).

The latter-day Final Fantasies are definitely overhyped. The classic ones were underhyped to the point where three of them weren't even released in North America until they had to use different consoles for said re-release.

Heck, there still isn't an actual NA-released version of the ORIGINAL FF3. The DS remake (in 3D!) changes a lot of the dialogue.

For me, Halo 3 isn't even on the radar. The question is: Dwarf Fortress 3D, Half-life 2 Episode 2, or Portal? :3

This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2007, 07:56:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Necro:
<STRONG>

Master Chief, Spartan cancels attack grunt: dangerous terrain</STRONG>

Grunt cancels throw grenade: Getting food.

*boom*

Slartibartfast

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with spikes of Tin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2007, 04:32:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Alfador:
<STRONG>To me, Final Fantasy is fun as long as you play the single-digits.</STRONG>

With that I can agree  :)
But what do I know?
Everything I say should be taken with atleast 1 tsp. of salt, and another liter of Dwarven Wine is recommended.

"I thought it was the size of the others!" said Vanon. "I guess it was just standing further away!"
Pages: 1 2 [3]