Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40c] Non-noble Dwarf stuck in "Attend Meeting" mode  (Read 1773 times)

dermal_plating

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[40c] Non-noble Dwarf stuck in "Attend Meeting" mode
« on: September 01, 2008, 07:58:23 am »

Hi all, been playing and loving DF for about 2 months now, first time I've posted on these boards.

I'm pretty sure this wasn't on the bug list, I had a good look through it. I received a fresh batch of migrants, one of whom was a miller, who I immediately set to work milling. However I noticed he wasn't doing his work and when I checked his status it said "Attend Meeting." I tried turning him into a recruit and then back to a miller to see if that changed it, but it didn't work. I'm hoping this is a bug and not my own stupidity.

Cheers
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 08:04:06 am by dermal_plating »

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
Re: Non-noble Dwarf stuck in "Attend Meeting" mode
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 08:05:05 am »

Hi!

As far as I know, this is not a bug.

Besides the diplomat meetings, your mayor is also there to listen to the worries of your dwarves (which generates a positive thought for the dwarf complaining, I think). So, your mayor is kind of a stress valve for your fortress.

What I think is happening is that your miller has something he really needs to talk about and wants to get an appointment with the mayor - but the mayor is simply to busy to do that appointment, so the miller is waiting, and waiting, and waiting.

Solution: Disable all jobs for the mayor. He should then do the meeting with the miller and everyone should be happy.

Deathworks

dermal_plating

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40c] Non-noble Dwarf stuck in "Attend Meeting" mode
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 08:29:36 am »

Hey thanks, got this sorted. The ironic thing is I checked the millers thoughts after the meeting and it said he was "Satisfied to bring up job scarcity in a meeting lately." So let me get this right miller, your skiving off work to complain about not having any work, and wasting my mayors precious time? I think I may have to order the fortress guards to beat some sense into this dwarf.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 08:38:44 am »

Hi!

That is quite funny.

One question, though. When did you put up the "mill plant" job? When the miller was moving from the edge of the map to the meeting point or when the miller was already there?

If you have other dwarves who could have done the milling job, it may be that another dwarf had already taken the job.

Or, if you assigned the job when the miller was at the meeting point, he may already have been impatient (maybe he has a very active personality?).

Still, it is quite funny. I suggest to turn off all his labors except refuse hauling, though :) :) :) :) :)

Deathworks

dermal_plating

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 08:43:04 am »

Actually I just realized what the problem was. For some reason I thought rat weed was a millable plant, and I had no other millable plants so it was just rejecting the job. Oh well. I hope his arms are healed in time for next springs Longland Grass crop.