Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: Dwarven Madmen- Sucsession Contest  (Read 25950 times)

kurisukun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Madmen- Sucsession Contest
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2008, 06:28:19 pm »

Posted up how it's gonna work, and the starting file.  Order of play is in the order you confirmed interest.  Any questions about specifics, ask me, or send me a PM.  (I'll also try and be on the IRC channel with more regularity)

Enjoy!!!

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2008, 08:04:50 pm »

I'll get on it today.

Because it's 1:03 AM. I need to sleep now, and kick my habit of going to sleep at 3 AM in the morning.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2008, 12:53:24 am »

cool it is going :D
about the other's construction, can we deconstruct things we sugjest to be their thing to do can't we?
or handel anything wich isn't to us ....(animals surplus dwarfs and so on ... :P)
by the way god luck guys to make the first half year ;) ... it would be nice too to post the map on the DF map site from time to time i think ...
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

magikarcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2008, 01:15:50 am »

Can you publish each yearly save? I would like to go along with it.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2008, 02:18:02 am »

i think each seson map would be better in this case (to see towers to rise and degrade :D)
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

kurisukun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2008, 01:12:07 pm »

cool it is going :D
about the other's construction, can we deconstruct things we sugjest to be their thing to do can't we?
or handel anything wich isn't to us ....(animals surplus dwarfs and so on ... :P)
by the way god luck guys to make the first half year ;) ... it would be nice too to post the map on the DF map site from time to time i think ...

Yes, you may deconstruct things.   But keep in mind, while you may be hindering one player, you may be aiding another.

Ya just don't know do ya?  ^__~

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2008, 01:17:06 pm »

Hmmm... I can just imagine... The Dwarven Madmen... IN THE FUTURE! AND IN SPACE!

And by that, I mean that I hope this game will evolve into a game of paranoia, like Paranoia. Were you inspired to create this by Paranoia? If so, I shall be extra paranoid, and ask Sean for a few choice russian curses. Because I'm not a communist, no no![/furryhat]

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2008, 02:22:19 pm »

http://boksi.sitesled.com/region1-sum-202.zip
I have to activate my DFFD account to upload there, I'm afraid. This one ought to do though.

WARNING: STYLE CHOSEN PURPOSEFULLY TO ANNOY KURISUKUN

First entry: Ítdúnérith.

What a charming name. How like the nobles, to name this place thusly. And how like the nobles, to settle the differences between the four great clans in such a manner. But that comes later. I and my rivals must cooperate for now. My eagerness is the cause for my leadership; I suppose it might've been my assertiveness creeping forth, or perhaps just my sleeping habits. whatever, I lead the fort in springtime, when the flowers blossom forth and life returns to the land from winter's cold embrace. Very well, let us begin. STRIKE THE EARTH!

Second entry: The Cowardly Woodcutter
So far, he's ran from a hoary marmot and a groundhog. As for progress, we've dug out a medium-sized cavern and are currently furnishing it with beds, although eventually it'll be the nexus of the fortress rather than the living quarters.

We've also got a very defensible area, I've noticed.

Third entry: Not Tripping At All
We've gyt our farmazarlebargly areeeee... dug. Dugg. Duuug oouuut... And a stillillill, n kitchen too... Whoo, mushroomS!!!

Fourth entry: On The Subject Of Foodstuffs
Personally, I must say I disagree with spending so much of our precious funding on a single anvil, instead of some supplies and other more immediately useful items. But we do have enough seeds, fortunately, so we can start farming and brewing some plump helmets.

Also, we've dug out a food stockpile, and another one for bones, shells and skulls for the crafters to work on so that they don't degrade outside.

Fifth entry: Dig Dug
I've laid out my plans for the workshops and living quarters. The other ones may disagree with them, but I hold power in this season. Similarly, I am powerless when their turn comes up. Oh well.

Also, the entrance is 6 dwarflengths wide. This makes positioning things annoying, since we have to do everything in pairs or more for symmetry. Oh well.

Sixth entry: No Yellow Brick Road Yet
Well, that's it. Spring is officially over. I must therefore hand over the reins to the next leader. And be powerless for the rest of the year, only able to watch in horror as the other leaders smash my carefully-planned vision with all the subtlety and tact of a brigade of sober dwarves... Oh well.

kurisukun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2008, 03:36:28 pm »

Fifth entry: Dig Dug
I've laid out my plans for the workshops and living quarters. The other ones may disagree with them, but I hold power in this season. Similarly, I am powerless when their turn comes up. Oh well.

Cute, very cute.   I was amused to no end, Although I'm interested to see where the rest of this fortress goes.

NEXT!!!  Iluogo, grab his save, and go with it!

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2008, 08:36:28 pm »

Do we have dwarves named after ourselves to represent our 'character' or are we just crazy 'spirits of the fortress'?

If we have dwarves, we should have a rule that we can't randomly kill each other. Or theres gonna be lots of 'short drops and sudden stops' if you know what i mean.  :P
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.

kurisukun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2008, 10:22:13 pm »

Do we have dwarves named after ourselves to represent our 'character' or are we just crazy 'spirits of the fortress'?

If we have dwarves, we should have a rule that we can't randomly kill each other. Or theres gonna be lots of 'short drops and sudden stops' if you know what i mean.  :P

You may, if you'd like, name dwarves after yourselves for your character, or you can just rule it.   It's really up to you, just be interesting, whatever you do.  The world is watching.  ^_~

(I actually thought of it as 4 crazed nobles back home sending down mandates every season for the dwarves to do, jerking them back and fowarth and up and down on their short chains...)

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2008, 04:24:45 am »

i would be more like a spirit ... a mad spirit :D
Mohreb el Yasim

iluogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2008, 01:50:05 pm »

starting now :D

iluogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2008, 02:39:19 pm »

I'm done