Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Quick World-Gen Seeds?  (Read 1800 times)

Mookie Love

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Quick World-Gen Seeds?
« on: November 02, 2007, 03:38:00 am »

Just as the title implies, let's share seed numbers that finish with few (or possibly even zero) rejects. I figure it'll practically be the same as downloading a pregenerated world.

I've got one to start us off, which can probably be bested fairly easily:
Seed 53 gave me a world after 10 rejects.

(Also, can anybody clarify if these will work between versions? Aka: Do 32a and 33a come up with the same world, with the same amount of rejects beforehand? I skipped straight to 33a. Any other info on how seeds work would be appreciated too. I'd rather find out now than later if this topic is a waste of time for some reason or another.)

BDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Quick World-Gen Seeds?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 07:13:00 am »

Seed 2 gave me a world after only 3 rejects.  Then there was seed 3.... *secretly snickers*
A HREF="http://www.bay12games.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=12&t=000218">A Kobold''s Quest

A Kobold''s Quest II

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 09:55:00 am »

i wish it would tell you what your random seed was.

maybe im sappy, but i plugged in the birthday of this girl i met and it generated a pretty cool world.  some costal volcanoes, a bunch of goblin towers around an inland sea, and a sinister mountain range with some volcanoes in it.

took 70 some-odd rejects, though.

red glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 10:15:00 am »

368632550 gives you 14 rejects  ;)
...if you saved your map when it was generated (by pressing 'p'), you get a file world_gen_param-region#.txt which contains a line:
   [SEED:368632550]
...so you can can save your random seed.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 11:40:00 am »

yeah, it tells you the seed you typed in.  if you used a random seed, it just  says [STANDARD] or [RANDOM] or something like that.  and even when it tells you the one you typed in, it gives you the pre-reject seed and not the final one that generated the actual unrejected world.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 12:47:00 pm »

Try seed 77404199 for a world with a healthy number of volcanoes, at least two of which (ocean-based) are absolutely flat, have an aquifer an a lot of trees. Good for obsidian farming and trying to get through the aquifer by obsidian walling. Bad for trade though.

On seed 357827 (my phone number  :D) there's a place I call "a bridge too far". If only I could remember where it is though. Try searching for it, it's supposed to be a bit of ocean or lake between a mountain and a forest. I started a fort in it, ended up on the mountain, so now I'm trying to build a bridge over to where all the wood is. About 4 or 5 screenlengths. O_O
The world's also got a number of volcanoes in some weird places.

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Nesoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2007, 03:49:00 pm »

3949022324 (random seed, not a special number for me or anything) has only 2 rejects. I counted at least 8 volcanoes (that's what the red "^" is, right? I only visited one, and that was just to see what they looked like), 6 of which are in the center-left/upper left regions. One of those is even on a tile by itself in the ocean... that should be a fun one to look at once I'm done with my current fortress. Another is near the coast just south of that one. Here's the exported world image:

[Edit: I just noticed another volcano in the upper right on a river! I think that one is getting checked out before the ocean/lake one. Sorry about my tileset as well; it's a custom one based on the curses_800x600 with a handful of items that I liked ripped (and resized) from the ones on the wiki, with most of the rest being done by myself (such as the willows and mugs).]

[ November 02, 2007: Message edited by: Nesoo ]

000508 □ [dwarf mode][flows] flooding over a full pond will kill the fish inside

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2007, 05:42:00 pm »

puke, it says [RANDOM] wherever (I suppose it could show you what it is going to use instead), but you can find the seed in a txt file when you export the map image either right after making the world or in legends mode.  There's that thread on Suggestions about the pre-reject seed vs. other seeds, and the problems associated with that.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2007, 08:17:00 pm »

i could have SWORN that it read

[WORLD_GEN]
   [TITLE:STANDARD]
   [SEED:RANDOM]

the last time I looked at it.  but there is clearly a seed there.  i've got no idea what i was smoking.  

no big deal that it does not export the final seed, it only took about 5 minutes to chug through 64 rejects and create the portentious realm of winds.

edit: and now, armed with knowledge, i give you this:
[SEED:941486140] The Everseeing Plain of Enchantments -- ZERO REJECTED.

this is only the second 0 reject map i have ever generated, and its all yours for the seeding.

[ November 02, 2007: Message edited by: puke ]

BlueDestiny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2007, 11:50:00 pm »

I smell a new fad with seed numbers. I wonder what 1337 gets you?

BDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2007, 02:22:00 pm »

puke: Clearly you have an imperfect seed for 0 rejects.  I give you... SEED 0.  Swear to God I'm not making this up.  Didn't look at the .bmp yet, but I did see a volcano in the middle of a bunch of light blue and purple tiles.  With this kind of thing, I wouldn't be surprised if seed 1337 (or 31337) gave you something awesome too.
A HREF="http://www.bay12games.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=12&t=000218">A Kobold''s Quest

A Kobold''s Quest II

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2007, 02:38:00 pm »

SEED WAR!!!!!!!!
most awsome world winns
*starts generating worlds*

EDIT: Nesoo thanks for that seed, i love that map with the volcanoe adjacent to the river

[ November 03, 2007: Message edited by: thatguyyaknow ]

Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Reign on your Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2007, 02:47:00 pm »

By popular demand, we give you 1337, also known as "The everseeing infinite domain of oracles.

Now if we only knew where the heck the image went after we exported it...

ou''re just as free to state your opinion as I am free to completely disregard it.

Christmas Tree

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2007, 02:48:00 pm »

Another 0 reject world:

Tadinorid, The Enchanted Universes

Seed 1066589440.

[ November 03, 2007: Message edited by: Christmas Tree ]

BDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2007, 03:15:00 pm »

Reign: Are you 100% sure that you exported it?  Because if you had, it would have ended up in your DF folder, right next to the executable.

A Kobold''s Quest II

Pages: [1] 2