Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf cancels Construct Building: could not find path  (Read 615 times)

Zaratustra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://zarat.us/
Dwarf cancels Construct Building: could not find path
« on: August 20, 2006, 02:31:00 pm »

I'm getting these messages by the hundred, and I have no idea what can be causing them. What gives?

Quiller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf cancels Construct Building: could not find path
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 02:39:00 pm »

I'm getting the same thing but it happened not too long after I tried to build a bridge over the cave river, so I think that is the building in question.

Dehydration

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 02:51:00 pm »

Usually it means that a door is Forbidden between them and the place that they are trying to go. If the bridge is placed so that the construction starting-point is on the other side of the river/chasm, that would also cause that message.
 shouldn''t trust the phones. They''re full of gas.

Quiller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2006, 04:08:00 pm »

Construction starting point meaning what exactly?  I don't get an option to set a starting point, just to expand and contract and place.  Considering that it expands out from the middle in both directions, I don't see how I could place that on dry land.

MrDannimal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2006, 04:11:00 pm »

I'm getting tons of these too, and there's no forbidden doors in the fort.  There are two that border the cave river, but the only buildings are in the fort proper.  

It seems like it's coming from metalsmiths mostly, fwiw.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2006, 04:47:00 am »

There's often trouble with which stones/etc you select for them, so if you pick a stone that's on the other side of an obstacle or trapped in some channel, the builder it selects can't access the stone and starts complaining.  It's impossible to tell right now where the stones are when you're selecting them of course.  I think there might also be a few other problems with bridge building, but this is often it.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!