Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ... This must have been the oddest scene to witness.  (Read 2267 times)

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
... This must have been the oddest scene to witness.
« on: August 24, 2008, 07:31:40 am »

So I'm being chased by the cops in a vehicle, and my leader is screeching around corners and the like. However, I can't lose 'em, so I return fire. I badly wound two cops, and then my brainwashed - I beleive he was a radio personality - leans out the window in lieu of firing his gun and proceeds to calmly debate gay rights with the officer at speeds of eighty miles per hour while said officer is shooting at the car he's riding in. It didn't work, but it makes me wonder what exactly would have happened if it did. A cop suddenly going liberal next to his buddy in the police cruiser? It would be amusing if nothing else.
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!

Brendan

• Bay Watcher
  • fa/tg/uy
    • View Profile
Re: ... This must have been the oddest scene to witness.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 05:50:01 pm »

The car chases are always amusing when you run out of ammo but you've already maimed the police enough so that they are ineffective; your entire squad attempts to pistol-whip (or rifle-whip, I guess, it's never happened to me with pistols) the police to death.

And it works. Melee weapons for some reason are left in the dark, even though I image stabbing someone with a pitchfork would be more effective in a car chase than smacking them with the butt of your AK-47.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 06:20:29 pm »

Haha, yeah. Thats a glitch thats fixed in the newest source though. It was just checking for a ranged weapon, now it also checks if that ranged weapon is loaded. So enjoy rifle whipping the police from your sportscar driver seat while you can, next version it's gone.

As far as debating, it has some odd results in a car chase... They turn liberal and fight eachother, but still show as red for conservative. You also "alienate everybody" if one of the judges "accidentally" shoots his gun - he only uses the gun when accidentally shoots one of the converted cops, and when he shoots the now-liberal cops it alienates everyone. When all the cops are converted they lose the chase.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 07:42:53 pm »

Fun fact:  The equivilent term to pistol whip is not rifle-whip, it's butt stroke.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 07:49:34 pm »

I think the debaters debating out the window is fixed too.  :P

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 07:17:27 pm »

I have an odd scene to post (totally bug free, just a happening):

A nonunion worker took a shot in the head, a shot in the left arm, a shot in the right arm,  two succesive shots in the head from an m16, a shot in a leg, and a final shot in the body to die...  Damn! This autoplant workers are tough. And he didn't chicken out when I yelled the slogan...
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 11:59:43 pm »

One tough Conservative bastard. But he will never win, because he's a nonunion worker.

... and you have a gun, and all he has is a chain. :3
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!

Teraleth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 09:36:54 pm »

Didn't exactly want to create a new thread, and it's an odd scene to see, so...

I guess some of the CCS have a soft spot for liberal ideals.

Or, maybe 29 Heart and 27 Charisma + 27 Persuasion is too powerful. =P

EDIT: Also, since it was changed so we couldn't date Guard Dogs and the like, you should probably also change it so we can't spam date attempts on them and get Seduction/Persuasion (only tried seduction, assuming you can do it for issues as well) in one day.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 11:25:48 pm by Teraleth »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2008, 10:00:13 am »

I guess some of the CCS have a soft spot for liberal ideals.
well he is already a vigilante, he's used to doing dumb stuff about high brow ideals.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Axe27

• Bay Watcher
  • Put down the crossbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2008, 05:24:59 pm »

I had a cop chase me after I took off his arm and his leg. I ran out of ammo, so I couldn't finish, but it was pretty impressive.
And thus did the dream of dwarven antigravity fade away, not with a massive explosion or a flood of magma, but with a whimper.

I'm going to be depressed all day now.