Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Super peasant!  (Read 7034 times)

!Pbhead!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Super peasant!
« on: August 25, 2008, 03:43:53 pm »

So, I have noticed... that dwarves that are left to thier own for a while start getting very social with each other... besides problems with everyone being friends with everyone, so if some random sand collecter finds a goblin ambush... everyone becomes unhappy...

Anyway...

These dwarves tend to get very high social skills very quickly, and the higher their social skills are, the faster they (seem, at least to me...) to gain them...

So anyway, I see this dwarf hauling a bag of sand very quickly... and, ofcouse use V and check its stats... sure enough strong, perfectly agile, extremely tough, and adapt in every social skill and a bit of farming.  According to the wiki, he should have about 11-12 atribute increases... so that means he has at least 2 levels of agility above perfect... 270 raw speed... thats why hes so fast...

I do what every good mayor would do, immediatly change his job title to "Wonder dwarf!" set him up as a pump operator and then as a treasurer... after which I will put him as a miner in the barracks to spar.  Hopefully, after becoming legendary in pumping, record keeping, armor user, shield user, wrestling, marksdwarf, and hammerdwarf... the guy will have soo much exp, that he will have 10 increases in agility... non-hax 0 speed dwarf FTW.

The point is... is that this is one dwarf... I have others doing the exact same thing (no job) and gaining exp and atributes at extreme rates... cool as it is to have legendary liers and shizz... But... I dont think people with over used mouths should suddenly be superdwarvenly tough, or at least better then the people who have been training for millitary duty since the beginning of the game.

On a side note... all social skills should be at the bottom of the skill list... its annoying to have to scroll down to check what levels of armor user and shield user all my military dwarves are...

EvilCheerio

• Bay Watcher
  • Whats Candlejack doing h
    • View Profile
Re: Super peasant!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 04:27:13 pm »

If i remember right your stats max out at Ultra-Mighty, Perfectly Agile, and Superdwarvenly tough. Anyone want to confirm that.
Delicious wine biscuits
 A real dwarf can survive on meals consisting of Wine, beer, and more wine.

!Pbhead!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 04:31:38 pm »

If i remember right your stats max out at Ultra-Mighty, Perfectly Agile, and Superdwarvenly tough. Anyone want to confirm that.

yes, but they can gain stats higher than those, wierdly... just like legendary +1 legendary +2 up to legendary +5, you can have perfectly agile +1 Ultra-Mightly +2 and Superdwarvenly +3, and so forth.

othojulian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 04:36:47 pm »

A dwarf tells a lie and the other dwarf explodes into a bloody lump of gore and crap.

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 06:35:39 pm »

Legendary Liar:  "I just stabbed you and you died.  Sorry."
Victim:  "Well, if you say so." *thud*
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 01:54:00 pm »

AWESOME.

A dwarf tells a lie and the other dwarf explodes into a bloody lump of gore and carp.

Fixed. ;D
This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

Kyselina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 02:24:29 pm »

I think legendary +5 isn't max. Stats can go to infinity just as skills I think.
Tun Athelbuket, farmer cancels sleep: Caged.

Ashery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 06:55:02 pm »

Skills go off towards infinity, but you get no benefits after leg+5.

And while you may still get stat gain announcements, they *do* cap. Otherwise it'd be impossible to explain how, if you get a dwarf with minimal str, minimal toughness, and capped agility, that he'll never gain another step of agility until the other two are capped as well. That, and the mayor of my last fort should be approaching godhood as he's been fully capped stat wise for over a year and still doing massive amounts of exploratory mining.

Eita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2008, 08:35:10 pm »

Oddly enough I find it weird that Dwarves currently cannot attain godhood.

Weev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2008, 10:22:18 pm »

That's going to be a sig.

sphr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2008, 12:30:45 am »

Maybe because the gods are currently sitting in front of a monitor and keyboard and influencing their lives in ways obvious and subtle? 

The greater gods even makes use of external influences and changes some of the rules of the world.

Of course, there's also the Creator.

yeah, the dwarves will gain godhood when they evolve sufficiently so that they can play dwarf fortress on their +granite personal computer+ :)

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2008, 12:38:10 am »

If conversation skills ever make it into adventure mode, I'm going to spend so much time training up Intimidate.  I want to get ambushed by wolves and then turn around and growl at them, sending them fleeing.  Or maybe Negotiate, and then I could trade a bag of rotten rat limbs for masterful plate.  I wonder what skill might let you recruit more people, because it'd rock to train that up and get the weaponmaster of a town to come with you.
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.

Astus Ater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2008, 01:29:15 am »

Taking this as a sig before someone else.

PantheraDwarfus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2008, 09:15:22 am »

But... if someone was legendary as a liar wouldn't that mean he's not very good at it?

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2008, 01:56:04 pm »

But... if someone was legendary as a liar wouldn't that mean he's not very good at it?

"You totally shouldn't go jump in the magma pipe." "Ha! I have heard of your lying ways and will never follow your advice! *leap* *melt*" "Hmmm, maybe I should start calling myself a 'Legendary Deceiver' instead."
This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.
Pages: [1] 2