Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 30

Author Topic: Sandy Fjord  (Read 91869 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Sandy Fjord
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2008, 11:10:35 am »

Right.

Well, thanks for bringing a smile to my face with the thought of a real-life Rick Roll. However, I do not have any Rick Astley albums.  Nor do I have a boom box.  All I've got is a phone with some Pink Floyd, Trio Mediæval, and Michael Hedges.

Not quite the same.  But then again, neither am I.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2008, 01:15:39 pm »

Well, that's nice.  Everybody's going out for bowling.  Turns out X is quite the bowler, and is very excited about going out.

Nice big group of people going out to town for a night of bowling.  And I can't find my damned wallet to pay the fee.

So, no bowling for me.  The only cash I've got is a few five-krone coins for the washing machine and a one-krone in my pocket which I take out to flip every now and then.  That low of a denomination is effectively useless nowadays, kinda like the penny.

I'm staying back 'ere for the time, practice a bit on the guitar.  I really hope I get a chance (not to mention the words) to fill out the rest of that conversation.

But tomorrow is the start of a quickie vacation, so I probably won't be talking with her for a few days.  I hope the right thoughts occur in that period...

Turns out the Hudø footage was not, in fact, soundless.  Nobody's entirely sure why it appeared to be that way the first time we checked it. 

In any case, we've got some decent footage of some singing that we can still use.  Most of the filmed trip was actually rather dull...  The high point of the footage my group has been working on is where a huge grasshopper is crawling over someone's arm.  Exciting stuff.

Especially when it's compared to the Hudø films from previous years, which we've been reviewing in order to get an idea as to what kind of things we'd like to do on this one.  Our grasshopper has to compete with an epic butt-ball goal (several lucky people line up with posteriors proudly presented.  One person kicks a soccer ball) and an amateur flame-breather's beard catching on fire.

"Snatch the grasshopper from my hand, Pebble..."

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2008, 03:26:26 pm »

There's a girl here who insists on helping me learn Norwegian and get socialized.  She sat me down at a table a little while ago and proceeded to question me extensively so that I could practice talking in Norwegian.

After a few of the juicier points of interest in my rather peculiar background, she was starting to have a little difficulty finding new things to ask.  Instead, she moved towards giving me advice on how to get more friends/acquaintances.

Much later, this one guy walked into the rec room.  She said hi to him, and asked for him to sit down next to her.  She then left me with him, after giving him instructions to talk to me a bit. 

Lemme explain a little bit about this guy.  I can't remember his name, but I don't think I'll easily forget his face.  His eyes are slightly bulged out of his head, and his distinctive mouth is moved slightly forward and is often left at least partially open.

There's just something about the way his face is constructed, along with his unusual stare and apparently difficult thinking habits, that leads me to believe he is at least mildly retarded.

I don't know why, but I have never been good around the mentally lacking.  They radiate an aura that repels me.  I'm sorry that I feel that way, but I do.  I just don't feel comfortable around them.

Especially when they follow me around and sit right next to me when there are plenty of other seats...   I really don't know what this guy wants from me. 

He's asked me questions on a couple occasions, but this wasn't one of them.  From the time the girl left the table to the time both us guys left the table to find other things to do, not a single word was spoken on either side.

But it felt good to talk.  Y'know, get advice on how to make friends and all that.

Hm.  I think the modern-day usage of the word "friend" is a little bit slack.  I consider a "friend" to be someone you 1) Like, 2) Spend a fair amount of time with, and 3) Confide in.

The modern-day approach seems to be more along the lines of "shotgun".  Someone runs into a room and yells "YOU'RE ALL MY FRIENDS!", and then runs back out.

I have five people on my Steam friends list.  I never even see two of them, one of them is my dad's account, and I intend to prune one of the remaining ones off my list sometime.

And then ValVe thinks joining a game, having three and a half people from your friends list join, and then proceeding to share seventeen Spy revolver kills with them warrants a medal.

Yeesh, some people...  I'm glad I've got all you guys as my friends.

Eh, gotta go.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2008, 01:08:42 pm »

Well, more fun.  Today was Friday, first day with our extras.  But, since I've got free time on Friday mornings, I decided to wander around a bit after breakfast.  You know, find something to keep me occupied until my folks came to pick me up around twelve.

So I'm sitting in my room and playing Pandemic II.  I hear singing coming from somewhere, and I look out the window.  It sounds like it's coming from the main building.  I wonder what they could possibly be-

The time.

8:42.  Twelve minutes after morgensamling started.  My mind was overwhelmed by the information that I had free time on Friday mornings, so I forgot that we still have obligatory morgensamling every single day.  For everybody.

Well, so much for getting a perfect record of attendance.

Right now I'm sitting at my granddad's farm up North.  I'm going to relish the ability to sleep in as long as I want for the few days I've got it.

The first payment to the school has been made, and my funding from the bank is almost completely worked out, so I won't have to pay the school with my own money for very long.

Speaking of money, I just found my wallet.  Yay.  Now I can go "bovling".

And that brings me back to the girl.  There's a board that's just been set up in the rec room that has pictures of every student at the school, with their names underneath.  Now I know exactly what her name is.  Oddly enough, she's got the same first name as one of my great-grandmothers.

Very handy tool, that photo board.  It'd be a lot better if I didn't look completely brain dead for my own photo.  At least I haven't got the worst picture on there...

Jus' gonna relax for a few days.  The only things I've got planned are a trip to the bank tomorrow, my granddad's birthday party on Sunday (a few days after his birthday, but oh well), and the trip back to Skiringssal on Tuesday.  Hopefully, things won't be much more exciting than that.

Man, I'm tired...  I believe I shall take great pleasure in slacking off.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2008, 10:48:55 pm »

Hm, how many days did you say you had left?
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2008, 01:03:52 am »

Yeesh, some people...  I'm glad I've got all you guys as my friends.

Yeah, you have internet friends. We're useful. We make your real friends laugh at you.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2008, 05:54:08 am »

Uh, I head back to the school on Tuesday.  Not a very long time, but it's a break.  And I'll take all the breaks I can get (yuk yuk yuk).

I have been deliberating over how the hell I'm going to iron out things with the girl after my bold half-assing, and things aren't looking very bright.  Relationships need to be worked into, not agreed upon.  And I've kinda gloriously f*'ed up the smooth and easy approach.  But I really don't like the idea of going for someone who's already in a relationship, so I had to know.

I guess I'm just really out of practice.  I haven't the foggiest clue what I'm doing.

Heh.  A far more acceptable approach would simply be to do as Torak suggested, and ask if she'd like to hang out sometime.  But it's a little tricky asking someone to join you when you don't have anything to do.
Still though, some good signs.  She still glances at me from time to time, and she'll smile at me if we pass each other.  Not exactly omens of doom.

Anyways, my yammering about this is going to get dull very, very fast.  And since I'm not currently at the school, I don't have a whole lot else to update with.  So instead I'll gladly answer any questions you lot might have about the school or the people going to it.  But I don't like giving out names on the internet, so don't expect much identification.  Traits and mannerisms are perfectly fine, however.  And there are quite a few of those.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2008, 11:33:04 am »

Once again, this is quite interesting. And about the guy who may be slightly retarded, I usually attempt to be nice and understanding around them, they are often very nice people once you get to know them a bit. May turn out to be a good friend. And again, good luck with your relationships.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2008, 11:40:28 am »

Like I said, I don't like the fact that I don't feel comfortable around them.  I do try to be amiable of course, but I know that my actions will seem slightly stiff since I just don't feel right.

He's a nice enough guy, but his sense of humor is just a teensy bit all-encompassing for my tastes.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2008, 01:32:01 pm »

There was this one fellow in my High school gym class who was retarded. Oh boy was he fun, he's do all sorts of shenanigans to piss off the teachers. We'd also chest bump from time to time.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2008, 02:48:39 pm »

Kagus how are your guitar skills? If pretty decent ask that girl if she would like to hang out, explain to her you could teach her how to play guitar. If you dont wana do that ask her to go out for lunch, dinner or whatever is common there. Im sure you can go off campus to eat..

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2008, 08:39:20 am »

We can leave school grounds whenever we want for whatever we want.  So long as we're there for the essential gatherings and whatnot, they have absolutely no restrictions placed on where we spend our free time.

As for the guitar, I'll have to think about that.  There are a few problems, but it has potential. 

First off, I play electric guitar, not classical.  It's just one of those things.  You don't normally take out an amp and ax for a song around the campfire.  Electric guitars just don't have the same widespread use.

Second, teaching guitar is something that tends to require two guitars.  Otherwise it gets a bit confusing and/or problematic.

Third, I'm not really that great at it.  I know all the major scales and blues scales, along with a few chords and bar chords, but my fingers aren't quite in their natural habitat while on the fretboard.  And I don't know a single song all the way through.

Hell, I don't even know the Smoke on the Water riff.

Most of the time, I just mess around on the guitar and get lucky with some of the sounds.  I really don't know what I'm doing.

Eeh, we'll see.  I'll hopefully find some joint activity to offer up that doesn't seem too boring/creepy.  I've been trying to hold back on the creepy until more people get used to me.

Hasn't really been working.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2008, 10:38:17 am »

:( You didn't learn guitar basics on a classical or an accoustic first, tsk tsk tsk. Aw, why did you also just practice on an electrical guitar, too many of those type of guitarists now a days.

Oh well, too late. Also who ever said it was easy to get foriegn woman lied, but hey! Any relationship is usually worth it.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2008, 10:55:19 am »

Also who ever said it was easy to get foreign woman lied, but hey!
If that statement was true, it would make all the women in the world easy to get.  ;D

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2008, 10:57:17 am »

Dam I was assuming it was a accoustic.. btw smoke on the water, 0350365 on string 6/E. Anyways give up on the guitar thing lol. It wont be the same with an electric.
Since you can go off campus ask her to show you around or something?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 30