Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Liberal crime squad  (Read 35184 times)

Elven_ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/chabrik/
Liberal crime squad
« on: December 21, 2002, 03:04:00 pm »

This game is just great  :). True, one of the best ASCII games I ever played and I am a big fan of ADoM. Simply thanks for writing it!
One notice, though - it's a lot of pain to finish the game... Even when I had the whole government elitely liberal (with few conses snatching here and there, but they were unable to do anything) I had to deal with pollution (it was liberally blue and everything else was elte green). And I've spent ~30 minutes to do so! They were discussing and discussing the same problems "Naying" them without any wish to punish polluters. I was writing about pollution in newspaper, was killing nasty polluters and breaking stuff - they still disscussed 100% failed things! That's bad.
And, second, when something is failed by House, why bother voting at Senate? It will be failed either way so it just takes time...

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Liberal crime squad
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2002, 07:34:00 pm »

Hey.  Thanks...  more on the way.  He he he...

I agree about the end game.  If I put up another version, that'll be the first part I'll give you more influence over.  The Supreme Court is usually the problem for me.  I get the entire country shifted over to my world view, but there are some old stodgy conservative justices, and you just have to wait for them to die.  It's boring.  I "win" the game in 3 years, but then it takes 14 more for the court to turn over.  Sorry about that.  I didn't want to spend more than 4 days writing the game...  but now I can revisit it and make it better.

The Senate vote...  that's just how things work here.  But...  I guess there's no point in sticking to reality in this case.  Maybe I should let you press space or enter to just show the results of the vote?  That might work.  The vote graphic itself does get tiring after a time.  Or I can make the House and Senate vote on an issue simulataneously, which would be more accurate.

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • From a time before a time before time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2002, 10:08:00 pm »

I'm telling you...  assassination...  Or maybe the judges should abse half their opinion on how they feel and actually think about what the people want!    :p

Elven_ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/chabrik/
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2002, 02:06:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Demon:
<STRONG>I'm telling you...  assassination...  :p</STRONG>

Yay! Make Liberal Crime Squad rush into the courts, bashing those conservative scum out of 'em!

P. S. I'm not a butcher. But those whlo forbid me to burn american flag will suffer...

spelguru

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2003, 09:15:00 am »

2 things:

1. What the hell is a Syringe?

2. Why is it so disappointing to finally get the 9mm gun just to get your head blown clean off by a very lucky security guard in the first shot?

Renaxer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2003, 03:05:00 pm »

A syringe is a needle for taking drugs....
something like that.... You know what doctor needles look like right?
oof

spelguru

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2003, 01:31:00 am »

okay... so that is why one of my chars died when poked with a syringe... he got drugged to death  :)

spelguru

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2003, 02:11:00 am »

Okay... small update: Inside nuclear power plant. Conservatists alarmed, main talker (persuasion 15, can be increased) dead. Deep inside plant cannot find good shit to make up for sacrifice... spelguru out.

*turns off his toy walkietalkie*

spelguru

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2003, 02:13:00 am »

*turns toy walkie talkie on*

Dammit... another one dead, shot in the head by a security guard who would not go liberal... Trying to escape...

*turns toy walkie talkie off*

spelguru

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2003, 02:16:00 am »

While we hope that their souls rest in peace (rest of squad died) we think that they are burning in hell for not being able to get all the loot back... Amen

spelguru

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2003, 01:13:00 am »

Will there ever be an updated version of Liberal Crime Squad? Like with more guns... more locations you can visit... a shop where you can buy labcoats and security uniforms... It seems rather stupid to me just to kill someone for their clothes... You should be able to buy them somewhere.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2003, 01:34:00 am »

Probably -- it's a matter of time...  this quarter is very very tight, since I have to teach calculus on top of everything.  For this reason, my programming is down to Armok.  I don't want to start a running series of minor version releases, as with Armok...  one game set up like that is enough.  If I put out another LCS, it'll have major changes.  Maybe...  like...  I have March 17th-ish through April 1st-ish off.  Perhaps I'll see what curses games people want to see updated for that time.  LCS seems to be right up there.  There are also 3 other curses games in process that are a bit larger in scope than the other ones.  I have no idea when those will be done.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

spelguru

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2003, 08:47:00 am »

aw... ma... gawd... A actual answer to a post I made... I am suprised...

You know, if you need more time to work on armok and the curses games, then you can do either of two things:
1. Stop sleeping and eat caffein pills.

2. Quit working and get hit by a car, then sue the driver for enough cash to support your snacks/soda habits and stay home and program...

If you do either, dont blame me for any bad effects that might come...

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2003, 03:20:00 pm »

One of the big problems with the endgame seems to be that having almost every issue at elite liberal forces people to discuss and vote on conservative initiatives, even though everyone involved is very liberal and the laws have no chance of passing.  It might work better (and be more realistic) if whichever group has the majority in Congress has virtual control over which issue is discussed, so a 97% liberal congress would just vote on the same liberal issues again and again until they won.  Of course, then you could end up with Congress discussing nothing but one issue endlessly, but in that kind of situation that might be the realistic thing to have happen...

Also, I'm wondering if the practice of kidnapping & brainwashing major conservative figures makes the game too easy.  Essentially all you have to do to win is kidnap several of them and wait until the nation is elite liberal...  Perhaps there should be a chance of some sort of Conservative retaliation that would force the player to go out and do something to stop them rather than just wait for the nation to go liberal?  It could be a desperate last-ditch attempt by Conservatives to block the liberal agenda, and successfully counteracting it could give the player a boost that could speed the endgame.

We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

ThreeToe

• The Natural
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2003, 05:13:00 pm »

Toady and I were talking about having a second version of liberal crime squad where the neo-conservative militias attack your ATF big-government fortress to get thier radio talk-show hosts back.  Maybe if more people post about LCS we can drag Toady away from Armok for a couple days.

[ February 05, 2003: Message edited by: ThreeToe ]

Show your true champion nature:  support Bay 12 games!
Pages: [1] 2 3