Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ho Crap!  (Read 6549 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Ho Crap!
« on: May 16, 2008, 02:06:00 pm »

I'd just busted into the AM radio station to do a little broadcasting of the word.  On the way out, I encounter a conservative engineer.  Seeing no need for bloodshed against such a harmless fellow, we rock out at him on our six strings.  He responds by pulling out an MP5 and shooting poor Jenny in the head 3 times...  Moral of the lesson.  Strict gun laws are a liberals best friend.  Freely available machine guns are officially scary, and that is awesome!

On another note, I have a group of 4 almost new recruits (highest juice 40), give the "best hour of radio ever."  Was I just insanely lucky, because it doesn't seem like they should be able to do that.  They did have high heart btw.

Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: Ho Crap!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 01:36:00 am »

Add their heart, music, religion, science, business, persuasion, and half of their intelligence and charisma. If the average across each Liberal in your team of 4 is 25 or more, you're likely to get "It was the best hour of AM radio EVER." This should only be likely, or even possible, if you've been training your team in those skills. But if your low juice liberals are skilled musicians with a lot of knowledge about politically relevant topics, it's possible for them to have put on a Really Good Show.

Do you think it's too easy, maybe?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 12:45:00 am »

Well, last game I was doing really well, I was getting "best hour of radio ever!" every time.  However, it seems that it's impossible to win by any means other then sleepers so I don't know if things like radio broadcasts need to be toned down.

Does it make sense to make it average instead of cumulative?  Raids seem to favor small groups unless your planning on killing poeple, what with stealth and disguise being less likely to fail and it being easier to run away on foot if you need to ail out of your car.

Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 01:05:00 am »

It's actually a bit of both; the calculation I offered depends on you having four people. The way it works is that it totals everyone's skills, then gives (total/4)+(total/numberofliberals) as your total power. So you get a bonus for having lots of people, but it's not purely cumulative.