Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: CTD While Fleeing Conservative Swine  (Read 4200 times)

DaveLawson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
CTD While Fleeing Conservative Swine
« on: February 12, 2008, 10:41:00 pm »

This has just happened to me several times, so I figure it's worth mentioning here.  It seems to cause a crash perhaps 3 times in 4 on average for me.  Here's how I reproduce it.

I assign someone ( my leader character, infact ) to stealing an automobile.  I choose pickup truck, but that is probably no relevant.  I jimmy open the door and hotwire it.  As I flee I see cops on my tail.

Now, since I have a much higher agility than driving I figure I'm better off fleeing on foot.  So, the first thing I do is bail out.  Then I beat it for the nearest alley, at which case all the cops chasing me get left behind.

Crash.

I haven't tried varying from that formula too many times just yet, but I will try a few more permutations tonight.

By the way.  Great work on LCS, Fox.  I spent a couple of days playing the older version without interrogation and whatnot and didn't realise there was a much better version available.  Sure there was a learning curve to interrogation, but I found after 2 hours or so I seem to have it down pretty well now.  Thanks fer all you've done!

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: CTD While Fleeing Conservative Swine
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 11:33:00 pm »

I keep getting reports about this and I want to fix it so much, but I can't reproduce it. Every time it goes back to the main screen and everything is fine for me.  :( If you have any more information that can help me, or a save that does it reliably, please help  :o

Wisq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 02:44:00 pm »

I recall a segfault while fleeing on foot, but I think it was just after all my guys died.  If it happens again, I'll see if the core dump has anything to say.

Solara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 07:10:00 pm »

The same thing's been happening to me, I've gotten the same guy killed trying to steal the same car three or four times already. I've gone ahead and emailed the save, hope it helps.

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 07:34:00 pm »

This has happened to me several times, accompanied by another weird bug - A man on foot behind my car who can't be evaded. So I bail out and kill him and the game crashes.
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 07:53:00 pm »

YAY! Found the crash after dying on car chase bug, thanks to Solara's save.

Not sure about the man on foot in car chase bug. I think I saw it once, but escaped immediately. Maybe it was a footchase and I thought it was a car chase.  :o

Wisq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 11:29:00 pm »

I've definitely seen an non-evadable guy on foot chasing my car.  I eventually killed him from within the car, but I don't think it crashed.

At the time, I assumed he was doing some crazy action-movie "hang on to the side of the car" thing, and that I'd just missed the message.  :D

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 12:00:00 am »

As with the "catch bullet in teeth" concept tossed around in another thread, LCS could benefit from more action movie nuttiness.  I approve "bad ass cop hanging onto your getaway car."

John Gaden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 03:58:00 pm »

Since I'm necroposting a bit today, I was reading this thread and thoroughly agree with the statement that LCS needs more over the top bad-ass action. That, and the current wounds system needs to be fleshed out... I want my character's arm to fly across the room in a splatter of red pixels, I want civilians to be maimed as my inept driving ability forces my car to careen into a fruit stand.